DVDVR Message Board

Marvel Movies - 2023

• 2 weeks later...

TMZ has released footage from the Majors' court case.  And it really looks like Majors is trying to get away from his accuser in the footage we're shown. 

Mind you, there is no context before or after.  But the footage released makes it look like he is exonerable. 

And it’s not like Doom can’t be involved or won’t be involved. If we’re doing incursions and Secret Wars then chances are decent we’ll get a battleworld. Kang may be the final boss in one instance, but you can very your ass that Doom is the secret NG+ final final boss.

• Like 1

Also, had Loki S1 and S2 been two movies instead I think it would be pretty easy to just have Renslayer be Rama Tut, but I’m wary of relying on connections to TV series given the amount of people who had no idea who Ms. Marvel was when the Marvels came out.

Will be interesting to see who they pick for the Kang recast. I don't see them switching out to an entirely different character like Doom or Renslayer. The latter in particular just isn't anywhere near strong/interesting enough to work as a replacement. Raziel joked about Chukwudi Iwuji, but it would be easy to retcon the High Evolutionary into a Kang variant. He would be a fantastic choice. I doubt they go that route, but I would be all for it. 

With Doom I suspect he ends up the big villain for Secret Wars anyways given the Incursions story they have been building. I'm guessing Kang Dynasty gets a similar ending to Everything Dies with Doom saving what he can by creating Battleworld for Secret Wars.

1 hour ago, Zimbra said:

Hell, where they're at right now they could pretty easily drop Kang entirely and move on to a new villain.

This. Beyond the Majors issues, the multiverse stuff blows and there have been obvious quality control problems for a while. No reasonable person would object to a pivot.

They won’t pivot, because that would signal weakness, but they should. 

Joanna is wise

Edited by John from Cincinnati
  • Like 3

They can’t pivot considering the plot for Deadpool 3. Don’t want to spoil anything here since I had it accidentally spoiled for me.

It’s not like the movies leading up to Kang Dynasty need to be multiversal things. Do the movie and then save whatever buildup for Kang Dynasty for post credits scenes.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, dogwelder said:

They should get Terence Howard to be the new Kang

I initially read that as Terence Stamp. Boy would he be a great MCU villain.  

(quickly checks. Still signing))

Edited by odessasteps

17 hours ago, John from Cincinnati said:

This. Beyond the Majors issues, the multiverse stuff blows and there have been obvious quality control problems for a while. No reasonable person would object to a pivot.

They won’t pivot, because that would signal weakness, but they should. 

Joanna is wise

I fully agree with this.  Putting on my tinfoil hat, I wonder if Loki was rewritten to take this eventuality into account.  It's wild contrasting the ending of Ant Man 3 with Kang's more watered down portrayal in Loki. 

Victor Timely was only a variant and wasn’t destined for any greater power.

As for HWR, he was as powerful and full of just as much hubris as he was in S1.

I’d also like to think the Council of Kangs are a bunch of dorks as well and ripe for another variant to easily wipe them out.