DVDVR Message Board

October 2022 Wrestling Discussion

6 minutes ago, Octopus said:

Whoa whoa whoa whoa, @The Natural? I had no idea you didn’t like Hulk. ?

Can't help myself. My hatred of Hulk Hogan started as a kid as he always won, sore loser, found out he played backstage politics and worse, he's a racist piece of shit. Can't stand him.

There's traditions here on the board: my hatred of the Hulkster, @Technico Support on Interstellar, @just drew with the Young Bucks/Adam Cole, @StuntmanCrowley when it comes to CM Punk and of course, settle down from that misogynistic Hollywood Cybernetico who resides in the Phantom Zone.

Edited by The Natural

On 10/20/2022 at 3:45 PM, The Natural said:

Solo Sikoa spoke about trying not to laugh working with Sami Zayn:

“We do rehearsals and [Zayn] says, 'We'll do this, this, and that.' Then when we got out there, I was like, 'Man, you didn't do this or that. Why didn't you tell me you were going to do that? You're all up in my face laughing.' He's like, 'Man, I'm gonna make you crack. I'm going to make you laugh one of these days, and he's still trying to. I'm trying my hardest not to. It's difficult."

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SirSmellingtonofCascadia said:

There must be a Charlotte/Rousey match where they just recklessly stiff the fuck out of each other, right? I would love to see that.

Their very first match at Survivor Series when Charlotte replaced Becky. Not necessarily recklessly but they do stiff the crap out of each other if I recall correctly. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

On 10/21/2022 at 12:42 PM, Cobra Commander said:

I realized this last night watching Good Friends Better Enemies and posted it on the WWE Network thread, but what was the best Kevin Nash match where he was on the winning side?

Hall and Nash vs. the Faces of Fear, Starrcade '96

16 minutes ago, Eivion said:

Their very first match at Survivor Series when Charlotte replaced Becky. Not necessarily recklessly but they do stiff the crap out of each other if I recall correctly. 

Survivor Series 2018.

48 minutes ago, SirSmellingtonofCascadia said:

Hall and Nash vs. the Faces of Fear, Starrcade '96

now that I think of it, I don't think i've watched Starrcade 96, but at the same time, there's a few other Starrcades I should probably watch before 96. (If I recall correctly, I think 92 was at the video store, I saw 93 at a friends house years later, I probably saw 97 but I also experienced it thru scramblevision, I watched 85 and 90 on Peacock within the last year or so.. the Blockbuster/Movie Gallery didn't have a lot of WCW compared to WWF)

1 hour ago, Cobra Commander said:

now that I think of it, I don't think i've watched Starrcade 96, but at the same time, there's a few other Starrcades I should probably watch before 96. (If I recall correctly, I think 92 was at the video store, I saw 93 at a friends house years later, I probably saw 97 but I also experienced it thru scramblevision, I watched 85 and 90 on Peacock within the last year or so.. the Blockbuster/Movie Gallery didn't have a lot of WCW compared to WWF)

I just watched it again for the first time in years and enjoyed it, but really, I'm not sure you can go wrong with most Starrcade events. 

1990 is mid, but after that, most Starrcades are at least pretty fun until the nWo days really kick in. 

• Like 1

Gonna imagine that 95 was way better than 94.

The one Hogan/Piper PPV match I saw in WCW was the first PPV I saw live, Havoc 97.. which was a mess of a match and i'm sure that Starrcade 96 and Superbrawl 97 would be way better. Also Starrcade 96 did have the one Rey vs Liger match IIRC.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, SirSmellingtonofCascadia said:

There must be a Charlotte/Rousey match where they just recklessly stiff the fuck out of each other, right? I would love to see that.

That Survivor Series match that was originally supposed to be Rousey vs Lynch, is probably closest I can think of. That was of course prior to that clip, however.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Cobra Commander said:

Gonna imagine that 95 was way better than 94.

The one Hogan/Piper PPV match I saw in WCW was the first PPV I saw live, Havoc 97.. which was a mess of a match and i'm sure that Starrcade 96 and Superbrawl 97 would be way better. Also Starrcade 96 did have the one Rey vs Liger match IIRC.

Starrcade 1995 and 1996 are great. 1996 also had Ultimo Dragon vs. Dean Malenko. Off the top of my head, I think that was my WCW MOTY.

I was also looking at Valentine's cagematch and apparently there were a whole series of house show Steiners vs Valentine/Dick Slater matches in 92 that you know had to be pretty good.  

• Like 2