DVDVR Message Board

NFL 2013: WEEK 11

Dolfan in NYC

It's very close to being a clothesline and anyone acting mystified that in live time refs gave a penalty for that is completely out to lunch. That won't even crack a top 50 of questionable NFL calls this year.

Completely agreed.  Oh, and after the hit, Bolden drags him by the facemask.  It's like everyone has this canned "the game's been pussified!" speech that they're trained to give every time a QB gets hit. 

Also this "complaining about a ref swearing at someone" thing is absolutely amazing given how much bullshit referees have to put up with.

One thing I have learned about this is that the NFL and NFL Films have a deal where all the centers are mic'ed for sound - so Kory Lichtensteiger has been saying that he was standing two feet away and there should be recording of what the ref said.

Of course - they will also have anything that Williams might have said to provoke it

It's very close to being a clothesline and anyone acting mystified that in live time refs gave a penalty for that is completely out to lunch. That won't even crack a top 50 of questionable NFL calls this year.

Completely agreed.  Oh, and after the hit, Bolden drags him by the facemask.  It's like everyone has this canned "the game's been pussified!" speech that they're trained to give every time a QB gets hit. 

Very few people seem to understand that QBs are so protected because if one goes down for the year or even has his career ended, his team is usually completely screwed.

That was such an "Ah, fuck it" throw from Robert Griffin.

Kinda looked like he was trying to sling it out of bounds and looked surprised it stayed in.

By the way, you were right.

"I was trying to throw the ball in the back of the end zone," he [RG3] said. "It didn't get to where I wanted it to go. Obviously I was on my heels. Something I can definitely learn from."

Why throw a wimpy pass out of bounds to the sidelines when you have that whole back of the endzone out there?

That was obviously going to be his answer but it was obvious he was just chucking it in the hopes that someone was going to be able to catch it.

He has made horrible decisions like that all season long but RG3 also loves making excuses or throwing people under the bus (like he did again yesterday by implying that the play calling sucked)

No but it can certainly be argued that it cost the 49ers the game. Thing is...  the 49ers haven't been much more than a Good bad team this year.

He has made horrible decisions like that all season long but RG3 also loves making excuses or throwing people under the bus (like he did again yesterday by implying that the play calling sucked)

Maybe RG3 will take the title of DC Coach Killer from OV at this rate.

No but it can certainly be argued that it cost the 49ers the game. Thing is...  the 49ers haven't been much more than a Good bad team this year.

Sure, it did. Happened at that point in the game.

I do think a rant like Ray Lewis' tonight went way too far, but that's Ray for you. He's going to be to the NFL what Don Cherry has been to hockey I guess.

It's crazy that his neck can do that.  Dude does so much yoga I think he's got a little Dhalsim in him.

I hope this game ends with a complete bullshit sneezing on the passer call that leads to Brady's game winner, just to piss off these ballsack "analysts."  

Whoa there Simmons!  As a Saints fan, I think NO was playing terrified against a team that's had their number.  Hence the wretched mistakes and gift wrapping the Niners the game.  As for penalties, the Corey White-was-down was more controversial.  And the Saints were holding like some motherfuckers.

But I'm not sure if I'm ready to go with the "good bad team" narrative because there are so few good teams this year.  They'll probably get to clean house in the NFC East or North in January before a rematch with Nola/Carolina or another beatdown in Seattle.

Maybe RG3 will take the title of DC Coach Killer from OV at this rate.

Let's not act like this is a bad thing, if only that Kyle can't depend on Daddy Dearest to line up new jobs for them.