DVDVR Message Board

NBA - 2013-14 Regular Season - 1st Half

Dolfan in NYC

Do you think Monroe's gone by trade deadline, summer or do they deal someone else? Seems like Pistons signed Smith and Jennings to make the playoffs and not to be struggling in a struggling Eastern Conference. Its still early enough and so many teams out East are as bad that some teams have to fill those final 5 playoff spots.

Imagine Parker or Wiggins on the Bucks! Those poor kids are doomed. Knowing how the Bucks tend to operate, they'll probably draft a 7'2" 198 lb small forward from some disputed zone with a vertical leap of one foot who never sets foot in the US.

• Like 1

Yeah, I'm really going to need a GSW/OKC playoff series this year.

Kings/Clippers was a blast last night, too. I watched a lot of Kings games the past two years because of how woefully and comically awful they were. They weren't the worst team because they had talent but it was so misplaced and misused and terribly coached. It was just a bunch of dudes looking for paydays firing up shot after shot and shooting pissy looks at each other constantly. And that doesn't even include The Boogie Cousins Experience.

But they actually have what seems like an actual coaching staff now and idea how to play. They still need a lot of talent but they've got something brewing.

Yeah, I'm really going to need a GSW/OKC playoff series this year.

Kings/Clippers was a blast last night, too. I watched a lot of Kings games the past two years because of how woefully and comically awful they were. They weren't the worst team because they had talent but it was so misplaced and misused and terribly coached. It was just a bunch of dudes looking for paydays firing up shot after shot and shooting pissy looks at each other constantly. And that doesn't even include The Boogie Cousins Experience.

But they actually have what seems like an actual coaching staff now and idea how to play. They still need a lot of talent but they've got something brewing.

Well, the Kings have been rumored to have everyone except for Cousins and McLemore as available in a trade.

I'd like to see Luol Deng somehow end up on Houston either via trade or as a free agent.  I think he'd be the perfect fit there and move Parsons to the sixth man role and at times, go small with Parsons at the 4. 

One thing they better do if/when they trade Asik is bring in a capable backup center.  After Orlando had to trade Gortat, they never had a guy who could fill in when Howard gets in foul trouble.  Indiana addressed this by bringing in Mahinmi for Hibbert because you can't ask your big man to be aggressive defensively and not expect him to pick up fouls.

Mavs need to deal Carter immediately.  He has become a serious liability, and we are desperate for a third offensive option.  Dallas defense has been much better than I expected it to be, but lately the offense of all things has fallen apart.

Drummond with one of the nastiest box scores of the year.

Man, the Pacers are friggin' beasts. I love that team. They just dissect everyone. Clips game got tight at the end but they're just too good right now. Hopefully Granger fits in without too much difficulty when he returns. If that team adds in another good bench guy they're loaded.

The West is sick this year. I mean, it's nasty every year. But I just looked at those standings. Pacers and Heat would make the west playoffs and that's it. Someone like Golden State or Memphis might not make the playoffs and both could legit win the whole thing.

So I went to the Heat game last night against the Bobcats.   As you may have seen from the highlights, Chris Bosh of all people, hit 3 three's in a row to finish off the comeback for Miami. 

It was almost embarrassing to see how disinterested the players were in this game until it was mid-way through the 4th and they decided... hm, maybe we want to win this.  Counterpoint is it is terrifying to see them flip on and mow down a 15 point lead in about 4 minutes.

Yay Heat!

1472052_10202675187939766_357492509_n.jp