DVDVR Message Board

NBA - 2013-14 Regular Season - 1st Half

Dolfan in NYC

I remember a few years ago my dad said Derrick Rose reminded him of a young Kevin Johnson. It would be a shame if Rose's career turns out to be equally marred by injury.

Also, on a personal note, being a Cleveland sports fan is just the drizzling shits. Every day feels like that gut punch you get from someone breaking up with you. I love the city so much, but Christ, I'd settle for a year where all the teams are .500. Just awful. Mike Brown has lost this team two weeks in.

Rose should take as long as he needs to recover.  He's still young so missing most(if not all the season) is not a threat to his career.  The Bulls are probably not a team who would intentionally tank, but if they were ever a season...

This Rose situation illustrates why any kid that  is good enough to be drafted very high should do so at the first opportunity, you just never know. .  . I never liked the Bulls, but the injury is just too bad for everyone involved.

• Like 1

I don't think 1-2 months is going to cut it.

Eat shit and die. Thanks.

Whatever let him #Return as fast as possible. Really what does he have left?

Its not about what he has left\... that's to be determined.

Its about you being a jackoff and needlessly mocking someone who doesn't deserve it. All he's ever done was work his butt off and play his heart out. And you feel the need to make fun of him because his career could have ended. Why?

How is "I don't think 1-2 months is going to cut it." an attack or a mockery? Rose may, legitimately, be done for the season, and people are just going with the best case scenario for these injuries.  So there is a good chance he is actually done for the season, and Gonzalez was merely stating that, but he wasn't mocking him in the slightest. At least not with that statement.

We all know the Jazz suck, but I think with one really good scorer on the team, they'd be at least mediocre.  Watching them last night, they play their assess off, but they just don't have the punch. 

Their very young, and I guess they REALLY want one of the studs in the draft. . . .

You gotta give the Jazz credit for being really bad considering how everyone outside of 2-3 teams out East are trying to beat them at being awful.  They've been able to keep themselves at 1 win.

I don't think 1-2 months is going to cut it.

Eat shit and die. Thanks.

Whatever let him #Return as fast as possible. Really what does he have left?

Its not about what he has left\... that's to be determined.

Its about you being a jackoff and needlessly mocking someone who doesn't deserve it. All he's ever done was work his butt off and play his heart out. And you feel the need to make fun of him because his career could have ended. Why?

How is "I don't think 1-2 months is going to cut it." an attack or a mockery? Rose may, legitimately, be done for the season, and people are just going with the best case scenario for these injuries.  So there is a good chance he is actually done for the season, and Gonzalez was merely stating that, but he wasn't mocking him in the slightest. At least not with that statement.

I wasn't referring particularly to that post.

Just his overall douchbaggerry, in general.

It's getting ugly in Brooklyn.  Not just on the court either.

I thought they would click and it's still early enough to...ah fuck it.  They look awful.  Totally wrong on that one.

Pretty much everyone was wrong on that including me. Pierce and KG look done. I'm sure they will still put up some nice performances here and there but really... they need to be playing limited minutes. D-Will still doesn't look right either.

I think that this years Nets are going to go down similarly to the late 90's Rockets when they had Hakeem, Barkley, Drexler, and then Pippen, except substantially worse and more disappointing. A bunch of guys who are clearly declining whether due to the ravages of time, injury, or whatever the inexplicable reason is for how bad Deron's been, getting together a few years too late. Jason Kidd isn't a good coach so far either, really isn't doing much of anything, and should've never been given the job in the first place. The team's roster would've been amazing in NBA 2k9 or 2k10 but not so much now.

But they beat Miami so they have that going for them and I suppose that's something.

I actually thought the Nets would click relatively early in the season but fade near the end of the season due to injuries.  I knew Pierce/KG/Deron weren't going to stay healthy for a full season.  I didn't think it would be a problem this early on though.

The Nets organization better hope they do the opposite of what I predicted and come on near the end.  Their starting lineups has to be one of the most expensive in NBA history; I think all 5 of them make at least $10 million or more.

Edited by _MJ_

Yeah, the Atlantic Division is a black hole .  The Nets are only 3 games back behind the Raptors(!), who lead it with a commanding 6-7 record.  They'll still probably make the playoffs if Deron and Lopez don't fall apart.

Of course, this expensive ass Nets team wasn't put together to make a nice little regular season run and make the playoffs.  They were put together for a championship run.  Nothing else(well, sell some tickets and merchandise too).  Even those Big 3 era Boston teams never completely pulled off the "look mediocre in the regular season, and win the championship" move.  The one time they won it, they dominated the regular season.

The Jason Kidd debacle is fascinating.  We all know that being a great PG doesn't equate to being a great coach--ask Magic Johnson.  But more importantly, there is no indication that Kidd was remotely interested in coaching prior to getting Brooklyn's job.  With Avery Johnson and Mark Jackson, it was clear that they studied a lot of game tape and took time to talk with coaches and other personnel before becoming coaches themselves. The curiosity for the job was there.  Kidd, AFAIK, hasn't shown that inclination.  Did Brooklyn think he brought name-brand appeal?  I don't know.  But his hiring is looking worse by the day.

It was reported that Kidd was the one lobbying the Nets to become the coach when they were only interested in meeting with him for some unspecified employment in the organization. The Nets were interested in making a splashy hire who was a fresh face and Kidd had to convince them he would be committed to the job.