DVDVR Message Board

The DC Entertainment Thread

Raziel

These CW superhero shows are just not my cup of tea (super corny, bland eye-candy lead, villain of the week plots, "Will they or wont they?" romances, etc.) but they have found their niche and audience now.  It doesn't need monster numbers for the CW either.

Why are you posting in the DC Entertainment thread if The CW superhero shows don't do anything for you?  It's all they've got until Batman: Man of Steel (and others) 2 comes out in three years.

Why are you posting in the DC Entertainment thread if The CW superhero shows don't do anything for you?  It's all they've got until Batman: Man of Steel (and others) 2 comes out in three years.

What about Constantine.

• Like 1

Lets keep this going:  what about Gotham.

Edit:

Plus, since I like following tv news, I like following the success or failure of these superhero shows even I don't watch them.

Edited by _MJ_

These CW superhero shows are just not my cup of tea (super corny, bland eye-candy lead, villain of the week plots, "Will they or wont they?" romances, etc.) but they have found their niche and audience now.  It doesn't need monster numbers for the CW either.

We've clearly been watching different Green Arrow shows.

The Flash trailer looks great and easily has me the most excited for DC's various shows coming in the fall. If they can keep that kind of quality for the show just going off the trailer it will have a much stronger start than both Arrow and AOS. Now I just need to check out iZombie's trailer.

I still really hate the grimmed-up modern version of Barry's origin, with Zoom murdering his mom when he was 12 or whatever. The fact that they used that version (which was pretty much guaranteed since Johns is CCO) is pretty much the ONLY complaint I have with the show. A sick, evil part of me wants to see them do the Dark Riders, if only as a curbstomp in the first five minutes of an episode.

Still working my way thru Season 1 of Arrow fairly slowly (got sidetracked by Orphan Black). It's definitely grown on me since the first ep, but by the 'Ollie Gets Arrested, Diggle Plays GA' ep it still hasn't really compelled me yet.