DVDVR Message Board

The DC Entertainment Thread

Raziel

It is part or tas. Which is the best adaptation of Batman ever by a huge margin. It's a basically perfect Batman movie. Watch it. Twice.

Honestly I used to be pretty big on the Nolan trilogy (was that even a word for movies before Star Wars?) but rewatching them Batman Begins doesn't have a very good villian. Neither the mob nor Scarecrow are all that interesting and really the entire movie gets sort of lame in the last half hour. The Dark Knight I think I could have done without the Two Face part being tacked on. Again I felt like the Joker's capture scene was anti climatic and I loved Harvey Dent but the Two Face stuff at the end wasn't for me. The third movie was boring as shit until the last 20 minutes. Maybe its because I've watched all of these movies multiple times and I've just grown bored with them but they aren't near as perfect as I felt they were when I watched them. The first two atleast, I knew the third one sucked watching it. 

When he gets back to Gotham on, the movie suddenly goes from dull as shit (except for Catwoman) to fucking awesome, but that doesn't make up for the first 15 hours where nothing interesting is happening.

The Dark Knight is so good right up through the final capture of the Joker.  If it ended there, with Harvey missing, it would be damn near perfect.  But it doesn't, and that last part is really not good.

Begins is easily the most consistent of the three, but it never gets nearly as awesome as the end of Rises or most of TDK.

• Like 1

So now the great Batman/Bane fight which everyone seemed to dig is just "stuff happens"? Great.

Also the stadium scene, The Bat reveal, Bane's speeches, rising from The Pit, etc.

Bane's speeches made me laugh in the theater.  The Batman/Bane fight is terrible.  The Bat reveal is okay, but nothing I thought about again after watching the movie.  The stadium scene was just a scene.  Rising from The Pit is fairly cool, and where the movie first starts building a head of steam.

That's been my thoughts on it since I saw it in the theater, but I admit I liked it even less the second time I watched it.  Just so fucking boring.  And such terrible sound mixing/design.  And Bane's voice is so fucking stupid.

Ask these guys one thing that was cool about the primary villains in the Avengers or Iron Man 3 or even Dark World and they don't say a word. If we are ranking villains, Joker and Bane are so far and away better acted, developed and threatening than any of the aforementioned it is not even worth discussing. All the villains in the universe and Marvel gives us Killian, Bootleg Skrulls and Malekith. LOL.

• Like 2

Loki wasn't even the primary villain and he was there for laughs. That's all these Marvel films have been, cheap pops. That is until Winter Soldier came along and was pretty damn great. Aside from that, I might as well be watching My Little Pony. Zero emotional weight to them.

• Like 1

Yeah, except Loki being way better than Bane. Fuck, at least generic bad guy in Iron Man 3 didn't make me giggle every time he talked.

Guy Pearce can bring it in the generic non-regional American accent department.

When he makes me laugh, it's on purpose.  That's automatically a lot better than Bane.

(Also, you are so fucking wrong about that it's insane.  He was fucking fantastic in The Dark World.)