DVDVR Message Board

The DC Entertainment Thread

Raziel

Overall, I like the suit.  The short ears will take a moment for me to get used to, though I know where they're coming from with that look.  The Batmobile looks good.  Not as cool as the Tumbler IMO, but a cool collage of all the previous Batmobiles.  Not a bad start at all.

Gotham looks like so much fun. I'm totally psyched. And despite what the talking heads said, there were no Joker references in the actual material. And if they eventually introduce the guy who becomes Joker, who cares? It's a reimagining of the source material that doesn't have to be considered part of canon or have to adhere to it. Smallville made it work when it was at its peak, Arrow is currently doing the same.

Now, do I trust FOX to let a show grow and find it's center like Smallville did? Eh.......

Affleck's looking pretty buff. My only concern would be having him look bigger than Superman.

Affleck is 3-4 inches taller than Cavill in real life.  But Bale is a couple inches taller than Hardy and they managed to angle the cameras to make Bane look imposing.  They should be able to work around it.

I like the suit a ton. As others said, it's an awesome blend of the Batsuit from the Arkham games and TDKR/DK2. Really digging the shorter ears. I also like how they made the new Batmobile look Tumbler-ish.

Returns is still the best one until we get a more detailed look at the new suit, but it could easily become number one after that.

The thing that always bothered me about Bale's suits was the cowl and ears, they never seemed to look right in any shot. The ears kinda curved inwards making him have a weird coneish head shape.