DVDVR Message Board

Rasslin' Video Games

Did a Road to the Elite play though with Shida that I finished up today. I ended up going down the "challenge" path for the last block so it was all gauntlet and multi person match which are annoying in this game since the targeting isn't very responsive IMO. But I also had the Brodie storyline and when I finished it, I got an alert that I unlocked 3 characters so I thought I had unlocked Owen but after checking it was just a glitch in the game. Oh well.  

Got my first win in Stadium Stampede. Final 3 was Jon Moxley, Eddie Kingston and Riho (me). I had the best weapons, most health and full armour. They were unarmed and weakened, and running in fear. It didn't save either one of them.

• Haha 2

Keith Lee has a fun move set. The Bunny doesn't have a very accurate face. Still happy to have them. Wish they could keep up with 2 new characters a month. But the price... sheesh. $12 for two characters and two mini games? I got them free with the Elite Edition. But aint no one spending that much for those two alone.

The kick the shit out of MJF's car mini game is infuriating and I will never play it again lol.

4 hours ago, Ramo2653 said:

I'm not sure what I'm supposed to do with the extra in game money I have now though. I'm at like 500k and there isn't anything else to buy. Maybe the bonus t-shirts? 

This is where the lack of an over budget battle royal is truly felt...

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

To get the Gold attire for any wrestler, you have to win the World (or World women's) title with them 20 times. So basically pick 2 wrestlers you want all gold attire, win the belt with one of them, and then do 40 matches trading it back and forth.

EDIT: In AEW Fight Forever

Edited by AxB
Forgot that this was a Wrestling Games thread and not just a Fight Forever thread
  • Like 1

This Ultimate Pro Wrestling game is actually getting more traction with wrestling gamers on YouTube. I’m still surprised no one has shut them down for basically doing what looks like selling a mod of No Mercy, but the game is looking cooler and cooler. It’s currently slated for a 2024 release.

The two that came with The Bunny & Keith Lee were just in the store to buy with your AEW cash. Didn't even need to beat story mode two more times to unlock them.

So I've played two Stadium Stampedes and I have concluded that mode is some mindless trash and I'll never venture int there again lol.

RTE is a fine enough concept except when doing the path to unlock Brodie Lee.  That part is no issue and I have him on both Xbox and PC.  But when trying to do the last match for RTE I'm stuck on the menu with no way to cancel out of it.  I guess we'll never know if MJF could beat the Young Bucks in a handicap match.  For both systems I'll have to start over though hope RTE doesn't crap out on me again.

Also, Keith Lee is really fun to play as and I got Owen on PC who is a blast.

I typically don't discuss stuff like this to play it safe. But the PC version is getting pretty fucking wild.

Edited by NikoBaltimore
  • Like 2

The Octagon is in Stadium Stampede already, it's in a training room under the stands. Anyway, I got two more wins in Stadium Stampede yesterday. It is very obvious that when you play the mode now, you're generally playing the 30 person Battle Royal with one other human and 28 bots. Very rarely, you'll play with two other humans and 27 bots. And almost always, the other humans are level 50 and have been playing an awful lot since launch day. I'm level 27 and have played a bit, but not a lot.

So anyway, I played one game and made it to the final 2 with this level 50 guy, but he beat me. Launch again, and once again that guy is in the lobby. Start playing, take a couple of bots out and find the Golf Cart. Get in, drive it onto the field, and run over the first person I see. Which was the level 50 guy. And it KOs him. So now it's me and half a dozen bots. And for some reason a bunch of them all congregate under the stands, in an area which isn't going to be the safe zone once in contracts. Which it does. And they all stay put, as the remaining bots run in to attack those ones. So I'm standing on the field, by myself, and then it tells me I won. Bit anticlimactic, that one.

Then I played another round, different level 50 guy was there, we made final 2. Both out of weapons. He was Penta, kept running around and going for charging grapples. I was Riho and was going for flying knees and splashes. But then the storm closed in, and I had the Survive the Storm for 10 seconds perk, and they didn't. So, I won.

• Like 1

On 9/23/2023 at 7:30 PM, AxB said:

I do wonder if you can still Irish Whip in the Octagon. And if they bounce off or just treat the entire wall as corner (or guard rail).

So I played it a few times and they just bounce into everything with random hit points.  So it's basically an MMA match which more than works for me.  Only thing is knockout shots like Malakai's kick don't knock them out but stun them into wherever so it's not perfect.  I just read four hits to the door can lead you to leave the octagon but had no interest in doing that yet.  I'll likely try that next time I play.  I will say this is my favorite mod by far and kind of wish there were more submission type wrestlers in this to have more fun.

Edited by NikoBaltimore

Hook is super-fun to play as, but doesn't have his real entrance music, which is a real shame.  Danhausen has a nice model but they didn't do much to make him feel like Danhausen.  Didn't even put in the dick punch.

• Like 2

I was bummed that the Action Bronson song wasn't in there but the fake instrumental sounds decent. I've had a lot of fun as Hook. Hobbs had the FTW title and I had an absolute banger winning it off of him. I didn't mess around much with Danhausen yet. I guess this is the end of DLC. We'll see if they add on any new matches/features in the future. I'm hopeful for at least some more CAW options and a couple more match variations (2/3 Falls would be awesome.)

I can see them adding a Cage match at some point, so you can do Cody vs Wardlow style. I don't think the Wardlow/ Hager MMA cage will be showing up though.