DVDVR Message Board

The All Encompassing Star Trek Thread

Eivion

Changing the title reflect the content.  My main thing with this change....  use the spoilers tag if you're discussing things that haven't come out yet.  Otherwise...

SlushyFatherlyHare-size_restricted.gif

Well, that was supposed to say boldly go... but Jean Luc acting like a half-gay borg works better. 

Thank @Johnny Sorrow this was their idea.

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Changing the title reflect the content.  My main thing with this change....  use the spoilers tag if you're discussing things that haven't come out yet.  Otherwise...

SlushyFatherlyHare-size_restricted.gif

Well, that was supposed to say boldly go... but Jean Luc acting like a half-gay borg works better. 

Thank @Johnny Sorrow this was their idea.

Kayshon voice actor Carl Tart discusses bringing Star Trek: Lower Decks'  Tamarian character to life — Daily Star Trek News"

"Johnny, when the walls fell?" Thanks, @Dolfan! 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I rewatched episode 8 of Picard again and, man, why couldn't this season what they had been doing from the start?!? Just do three seasons as TNG movies or something.

My hope is that they give Terry Matalas another Star Trek show to run after this. And not Starfleet Academy, which sounds like a Kurtzman thing anyway. I may disagree with the RLM guys on a lot, but I do agree that Starfleet Academy is pretty boring and they've been trying to do it for years.

Fuck it, just do Star Trek Titan, bring back Shaw and more people from 12 Monkeys. Holy shit! What's Emily Hampshire up to? She'd be perfect for Trek. Hell, bring in Aaron Stanford and Amanda Schull while you're at it.

• Like 3

56 minutes ago, Craig H said:

I rewatched episode 8 of Picard again and, man, why couldn't this season what they had been doing from the start?!? Just do three seasons as TNG movies or something.

My hope is that they give Terry Matalas another Star Trek show to run after this. And not Starfleet Academy, which sounds like a Kurtzman thing anyway. I may disagree with the RLM guys on a lot, but I do agree that Starfleet Academy is pretty boring and they've been trying to do it for years.

Fuck it, just do Star Trek Titan, bring back Shaw and more people from 12 Monkeys. Holy shit! What's Emily Hampshire up to? She'd be perfect for Trek. Hell, bring in Aaron Stanford and Amanda Schull while you're at it.

I'm down for a Titan show with Shaw, Seven, Crash LaForge, the Bajoran guy, the whole enchilada. 

• Like 3

I don't know if anyone else here is a fan of The Greatest Generation and The Greatest Trek podcasts, hosted by Ben Harrison and Adam Pranica. They're my favorite shows, and hilarious. TGG is the original show where they started with TNG, then DS9, and now they're in S5 of Voyager. TGT is their show on the New Trek shows. I wanted to share today's episode on this weeks episode of Picard. I was belly laughing in my truck today driving around.

So, let's list who our final big bad boss might be.

1. Pa Wraiths / possible Dukat

2. Armus

3. "Conspiracy " nubbin bugs

4. Picard's brother 

5. Kevin Uxbridge

6.  Nagilum

7. Shelby 

8. Janice Lester

9. Barcley

10. Mark Twain

Edited by Johnny Sorrow

23 hours ago, odessasteps said:

I stick to Mission Log for my Trek podcast.

Mission Log is great, but TGG is so funny.

edit: So on Twitter Matalas said all the clues are there as to who the big bad is in response to someone mentioning that Vadic told Seven it was appropriate she was there for the one on one with Jack. 
Add that to Shaw saying in episode four that real Borg are still out there and they worship Locutus.....

Edited by Johnny Sorrow

So yeah its not the Pah Wraiths, and I am a little sad since that means no Sisko. Still pretty damn happy.

Spoiler

Should have realized it was the Borg. It made the most sense as it was always going to be something from the TNG crew's past. I saw a vid a couple of nights ago that took pieces from TNG and their movies and then spliced them together with what we were seeing in S3. It made it so damn obvious. Have to admit I kind of like that we are basically getting a super villain team up of the Federations greatest enemies in the Borg and Founders. Also have to give it to the Borg for their patience as they had to have been planning this shit out to some degree for decades. Kind of pissed about Shaw's death though I also like that made me like him before finally dropping the hammer on him. I still want a follow up series post Picard with the Titan, Captain Seven, the Laforge daughters, Jack, fuck throw in Elnor as well. Absolutely loved the ending with the Enterprise D, especially all the little moments like the side eye everyone gave Worf for why couldn't use E. 

Loved the episode. So excited to see how it all ends. Still hoping we get some surprise cameos in the final episode. 

• Like 3

WELCOME BACK YOU BEAUTIFUL OLD GIRL!

Shaw really did telegraph it earlier and everyone just blew it off.  

Anyone else expecting the Queen to be Alternate Timeline Janeway since that was the last time anyone saw the Borg active?  

Jumping back to Earth without a plan seems off, especially when there's like, a friendly Collective in existance.

Edited by Raziel
  • Like 2

This episode had X-Pac Fire Russo heat for me until the last couple of minutes. Once I was over the Borg being The Big Bad (okay, the reveal of the hidden character is still missing, I assume it might be Alison Pill or something) they killed Shaw - killing all spin-off possibilities with him. I am curious if they plan to explain why the Changelings and the Borg are working together at all. The main Borg motivation always has been "assimilate all" (and kill what you can't assimilate), so why should they work together with the Changelings? The other way around, you probably would have to think along the lines of "exterminate the whole Federation, no matter the risks".

The Borg adapt, every time they went against the Federation solo, they lost. The Founders want Starfleet toasted, enemy of my enemy and all that.  Also possible that Borg can't assimilate Changelings much like they can't Species 8427.  Am I dissappointed that it ended up being the Borg, a bit, but I mean, it was TNG's biggest threat so, I can see it ending up being the big thing that the TNG crew needed for the last hurrah.  They dropped so many hints out in the open that it was Borg but convinced everyone it was something else.  I'm still wondering what was with Vadic's hand though, we're probably not getting that paid off.

1 hour ago, Raziel said:

Shelby got done pretty dirty too, as an aside.

It was the only time I laughed during an episode where I cried around six times. It was incredible. I'll be geeking out here later but it is definitely bedtime.

edit:  I adore that Kirk's remains in Daystrom and Shaw mentioning Generations were the easter eggs assuring us that the D was gonna be the last team member to join before they save the galaxy. Not to mention the souvenir bit in the first Ep. The same Ep that started with Picard log from Best In Both Worlds.  All the bread crumbs were there while I was enthralled by a mixture of my love for DS9 and the Red eye Herring that definitely was intended to fake us out re: Pa Wraiths and Dukat. Which as much as I wanted it, really wouldn't have made sense.

Trek has been de-fanging the Borgs since " I, Borg". Big scary Borgs like this? 

Fuck. Yeah. 

Edited by Johnny Sorrow
  • Like 3

20 hours ago, Raziel said:

Anyone else expecting the Queen to be Alternate Timeline Janeway since that was the last time anyone saw the Borg active?  

This would be so cool, especially as when Jack arrived at the Borg Cube, the shuttle voice said something about Tachyon radiation and gravitational flux. The Borg could have been hiding in the past or an alternate timeline. And they have mentioned her in a lot of episodes. We didn't see the Queen yet, but having just looked at the credits that was Alice Krige's voice, but likely another actress physically playing the part.

Man, I thoroughly enjoyed that episode, I probably haven't loved anything Trek as much as this since TNG/Voyager/DN9 days. 

Data's "I hope we die quickly" had me in stitches. 

Edited by Leonidas
  • Like 2

When last week they said there's one more TNG character to show up, I really did think it was Shelby when she did.  I actually didn't see the Enterprise-D coming until Geordi said "I've been keeping this a surprise.."

I want to know what Worf did with the E.

• Like 3

So we are definitely getting the return of Alice Krige right? I can't imagine they would make such a big deal about bringing Allison Pill back. Of course... we need an explanation as to what happened to the latter after S2

James

Edited by J.H.

Nobody gets the fan casting they want until I get my Empress Hoshi three-part miniseries first.

7 minutes ago, J.H. said:

So we are definitely getting the return of Alice Krige right? I can't imagine they would make such a big deal about bringing Allison Pill back.

Alice Krige is nearly seventy years old.  Do you really want her back with the shaved head and the skintight Borg queen thingie?

I think not.

Edited by J.T.

Matalas on twitter said that Alison Pill Borgs are still guarding that wormhole. They waved that away on the show when Shaw said , " Never mind that weird shit that happened on the Stargazer." He also said that the real Borg have been in the Delta quadrant since Janeway poisoned them in the last episode of Voyager, until now.

Also, the nebula the cube is hiding in isn't a nebula.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, J.H. said:

So we are definitely getting the return of Alice Krige right?

As JT inferred, she is 68. She is doing some voice acting for the role, but if we ever get a an actual face it won't be hers.

• Like 1