DVDVR Message Board

Marvel Cinematic Universe - 2020

11 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

Dude...  I agree with you a lot of things but I can't get into that character at all.  He annoys me so much LOL.   

See.  I love Jaskier because everyone knows a guy like him in real life that annoys the living shit out of us because he's disturbingly upbeat and refuses to allow us to wallow in sullenness. He always finds a positive reason to celebrate another day of life.

We also love that dude like family but would never admit it to him or any other living soul.

Edited by J.T.

6 hours ago, J.T. said:

I finally saw the extended trailer for The New Mutants attached to Underwater.

It didn't look half bad.  They just might pull off this Demon Bear shit.

I really, really want this to work. I read a lot of early New Mutants when my brother was collecting comics, and these folks are kinda precious to me. 

3 hours ago, odessasteps said:

So, Bruce will be ... ? 

the first thing that popped into my head was Nightmare. Or the voice of Shuma-Gorath.. 

The true question will be in which scene will the shitty yellow 1973 Oldsmobile Delta 88 show up?

I am good with Bruce voicing Nightmare and Ted voicing Shuma-Gorath.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 1

I wonder what's going on here.  It was said that Scott left the project because they didn't want it to be a 'horror' movie and then they bring in Raimi which suggests that it will still have those elements.  

However, I did also read that this movie is supposed to launch future projects and that maybe Scott didn't care to be involved in any of that.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

I wonder what's going on here.  It was said that Scott left the project because they didn't want it to be a 'horror' movie and then they bring in Raimi which suggests that it will still have those elements.  

However, I did also read that this movie is supposed to launch future projects and that maybe Scott didn't care to be involved in any of that.  

Raimi's brand of horror still has an element of campy dark humor while Derrickson prefers his horror with a slightly harder edge.  Perhaps that was the sticking point but it still doesn't make sense given that Marvel seems poised to usher in very horror-centric content to the MCU and other Marvel Studio's projects.  

We already have Morbius and the New Mutants on the horizon and Blade can't happen soon enough for my liking.  Derrickson would definitely be one of the directors I'd want working on a scary MCU movie.

As you said, it's also possible that Derrickson did not want to be tied down by an extensive shooting schedule or be attached to other MCU projects given that he's got Locke & Key on the way and IIRC he's also working on an adaptation of A Winter's Tale from Stephen King's novella collection, Different Seasons.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, Casey said:

Sam Raimi is your new director of Dr. Strange 2.

Isn't he only in talks for the position? I don't particularly love this. I was never as fond of his Spider-man movies as others (still like them save for 3). 

47 minutes ago, J.T. said:

As you said, it's also possible that Derrickson did not want to be tied down by an extensive shooting schedule or be attached to other MCU projects given that he's got Locke & Key on the way and IIRC he's also working on an adaptation of A Winter's Tale from Stephen King's novella collection, Different Seasons.

Is Locke & Key going to be more than one season?

16 hours ago, Eivion said:

Isn't he only in talks for the position? I don't particularly love this. I was never as fond of his Spider-man movies as others (still like them save for 3). 

Yes, he's only in talks, but Scott Derrickson is treating the news of him being in negotiations as a sign that he's actually directing the movie. I'm sure they've been in talks with a lot of people since he left the movie, but this is seemingly the only one that's gotten through to places like Variety, so I'd say it's close to being a done deal. Plus they start shooting in May, so time is running out.

On 1/30/2020 at 12:30 AM, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

We can do better than that. Get me an all-women Avengers movie starring six Brie Larsons. 

Wouldn't be any worse than a trios team featuring 3 Goldbergs.  BIG MEATY MEN SLAPPING MEAT!!!

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

For what it's worth, the rumor is that they've essentially solved the "Carol is OP" problem for Capt. Marvel 2.  

The villain is supposedly going to be: 

Reveal hidden contents

giphy.gif

To this day, I still remember the X-Men episode where Rogue puts Ms. Marvel in a coma having absorbed her powers and how it ends. Rogue visits Carol saying sorry in tears and as she leaves, Carol smiles.

Edited by The Natural