DVDVR Message Board

Marvel Cinematic Universe - 2020

8 hours ago, Casey said:

Jamie Alexander is returning as Lady Sif for Thor: Love & Thunder.

Let the Sif/Valkyrie shipping commence!

Wish Marvel Studios would do more with Jamie Alexander's Lady Sif, she's a favourite of mine from her debut in the first Thor film and guest appearance in Agents of SHIELD Season 1. I've seen shipping used before, take it means relationships? I'm for that Sif/Valkyrie shipping. It's cool seeing all representations.

• Like 1

Some good Gorr, the God Butcher lines:

Spoiler

"I only know of two kinds of gods, those who do evil and those who do nothing. I haven't decided yet of which ones deserve my wrath most."

"Feel that, little lord of heaven? That sense of helplessness as you fall? That is how it feels to be mortal. Next, you will learn how it feels to be butchered."

"I am not exactly a novice in the ways of torture, you understand. I once tortured a god of torture. After an evening alone with me, he told me where his own children were hiding."

"I have killed so very many gods of war. And gods of fear. Gods of chaos. Gods of blood and wrath and jealousy and lies. Of plagues and earthquakes. Genocide and revenge. Of degradation. Of death. Very few gods of poetry and flowers. Though I killed those just the same."

On 12/9/2020 at 10:18 AM, JonnyLaw said:

Am I the only one who wants Kathryn Hahn as a live action Doc Ock for Spider-Man 3?

No, you are not.  I know that she's supposed to be Agatha Harkness in WandaVision,

wandavision-agatha-car-gasp.png

but I assume she can pull double duty with all of this Multiverse craziness going on.

Edited by J.T.

Based on absolutely nothing but my own thoughts, I think all of these "old" Spiderman actors might just be a cameo.  Like, Peter is seeing the multiverse and gets glimpses of each of the other movies.  I don't think they'll end up having large roles in the movie.

OR...the movie culminates in some big battle between the Spidermen and the villains.  That'd be pretty cool.

2 hours ago, Casey said:

I don't even know what's going on now - supposedly Thomas Haden Church and Willem Dafoe might be joining the cast of Spider-Man 3.

Thomas Haden Church was the only good thing in Spider-Man 3. I'd have Willem Dafoe back so you have the two biggest Spider-Man baddies: The Green Goblin and Alfred Molina's Doctor Octopus. Also give Dafoe a better looking Green Goblin costume. Needed some purple thrown into it.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Well there are now reports that Emily Blunt is going to be in the next Dr Strange movie as an alternate evil Black Widow

(Now there are other reports that Blunt will be in Fantastic Four instead)

There is speculation - and I say that because all the sources for this are just "Youtubers" - that Kevin Feig is trying to get the actors/actresses' who where originally up for roles to play a the multiverse version (hence Blunt as Black Widow)

I just say... well mainly because I am bored. It is probably all bullshit

I'd say bullshit as well. Glad Scarlett Johansson won out for Black Widow over Emily Blunt, felt that way when the rumoured names for the part came up. I would like to see Blunt in the MCU, Susan Storm perhaps? I openly admit I know little and read little Fantastic Four.

26 minutes ago, Eivion said:

My familiarity with Blunt outside of talk show clips and Edge of Tomorrow isn't much, but she doesn't like a good fit for Susan Storm or Black Widow. 

I remember her being okay in Looper, but haven't watched it since it came out. 

41 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

I remember her being okay in Looper, but haven't watched it since it came out. 

I remember so little of Looper I have no idea how anyone was in it at this point. Its sad since I do recall thinking the film was at least ok. I just haven't watched it since it was in theaters.

On 12/26/2020 at 4:58 PM, Andy in Kansas said:

She was good in The Devil Wears Prada. Maybe that can be the next movie that gets multiversed into the MCU. 

The Daredevil Wears Prada

Edited by Log
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1