DVDVR Message Board

Doctor Who Omnibus Thread

odessasteps

The good thing about forgetting an episode in two parts is being surprised at the cliffhanger.

Nice weird episode.

In 2015, You know when there is only one white male in a crew, he will a. Be a baddie or at least greedy b. Die early on or c. Both. :)

• Like 1

Every time I begin to hate Moffat I just watch Blink again and I am like FUCK IT KEEP ON WRITING, MAN~!

TIMEY WIMEY, FUCK YEAH~!

Why is it that hardcore fans of something demand that shit makes sense and travels in a straight line, yet don't give a crap about other stuff that shows the exact same behavior. 

My friend, Don, loves Dr. Who and doesn't really care if Moffat goes into a dozen tangents because he is able to encapsulate each episode in its own void, yet Star Wars retcon and the transitory and contradictory nature of the "canon" drives him batshit insane.

12-episode War Doctor series coming from BF, starting in December. How they managed to keep it secret so long I do not know.

ETA: And the next 8th Doctor box after Doon Coalition will be the Time War as well. They're announcing this TWO YEARS in advance. I just hope there's room left for Liv stories and we aren't going to have to start getting "early years" stories from there on out.

Every time I begin to hate Moffat I just watch Blink again and I am like FUCK IT KEEP ON WRITING, MAN~!

TIMEY WIMEY, FUCK YEAH~!

Fine writer. Poor show runner. He was at or near the top of the heap during all the RTD seasons. But he hasn't hit that level in the big chair.

It's not all been bad. But it's time for a change.

I literally forgot it was on this week. First time that's happened to me.

• Like 1

Moffat works best with an editor, it seems.  RTD may have been a micromanaging control freak, but he now appears to have been Vince to Moffatt's Russo

Matt chastised me on the podcast for making that comparison.

I thought it was all very straightforward. Half the fun of the 2 parter was having my brain arrive at the conclusion of what the Doctor did before it was actually revealed. Thinking I've figured out a mystery is fun!

James