DVDVR Message Board

Doctor Who Omnibus Thread

odessasteps

More Classic Who, less Star Trek!

And then maybe BBCA would suck slightly less than it does.

I am totally confused why BBCA doesn't simply show old eps of Blake's 7, UFO, or some other proper British programming to scratch the sci-fi itch.

Hell, I could deal with re-runs of Hex.

I am actually slightly weirded out to realize thst, since I was able to take 12/24 off, I won't be listening to Chimes at work on that day for the first time since I got it.

So, anyone else get a Team ICO feel from bits of this week, or am I seeing things that aren't there?

I'm ready for a new showrunner. That said, I thought this was the best single season of Who since the hour format began. 

I also think that River will work much better against Capaldi than Smith who she steamrolled and who wanted to lean into the worst tendencies of River Song.

• Like 2

A: It occurred to me that they should go back to the classic white look for the TARDIS interior, because that's the hot design trend now

B: Why oh why must we suffer through more River for the Christmas special?

A: Bear in mind, Capaldi's been a Whovian for decades.  He's probably over the moon getting to pilot the old school TARDIS.

B: I don't mind it so much.  But then, I'd listen to Alex Kingston read from the Yellow Pages.

I'm ready for a new showrunner. That said, I thought this was the best single season of Who since the hour format began. 

I also think that River will work much better against Capaldi than Smith who she steamrolled and who wanted to lean into the worst tendencies of River Song.

Oh, yeah.  This has been the best season since the restart.  And yeah, I think that Capaldi can bring a little gravitas that Smith never had, especially with River.

I'm going to be real interested to see the response to the Diary of River Song box set. Tennant and the War Doctor are pretty easy sells--if ANYTHING gets the post-revival fans on board for buying audio plays, it's that combination.  But BF are leaning REALLY hard on the new shit, between the River and Churchill side stories (I think the latter's a mistake, frankly), dropping Strax into Jago and Litefoot, and having 8's and River's arcs cross over.