DVDVR Message Board

Doctor Who Omnibus Thread

odessasteps

Capaldi was great. He can be the Doctor forever as far as I'm concerned. Should try to take in Tom Baker's run.

Evil Clara was also refreshing. But Osgood is a terrible character. Her fans confuse me.

This season is killing it. The best episodes aren't top shelf Who, but there's been no wasted space so far.

The Sandmen are monsters that, if they appeared in a Tom Baker serial, would be looked back upon fondly as a silly idea that some people like ironically. Much like Meglos' cactus-Doctor make-up.

Unfortunately, a number of poor choices were made, so the entire thing fell flat, and seemed almost like a first draft script that they forgot to rework.

It also did not help that Rasmussen looked like Brains from THUNDERBIRDS come to life.

It kinda had the feel that "Don't Blink" had, and I get where they were going, but I'm not quite sure they made it.  Kinda down on The Doctor just up and leaving and the whole thing revealed to be a "Ring" type of deal.  

If its really a one off, then ok, but I'd rather not have another Weeping Angel type of thing.

Um.....

Holy Shit.  Didn't see that coming.

Well obiviously with this being Coleman's final season, I knew she was leaving, but I wasn't expecting them to kill her off with 3 episodes left in the season.

And I'm pretty damn sure this is tied into Missy

Well, I say that because everything this season, save for last week's Ring knock off has been tied together in some overarcing story (more coherently than last season was, and not as ham-handed as Smith's final), so considering how they left Episode 2, it points to that being the endgame.