DVDVR Message Board

Doctor Who Omnibus Thread

odessasteps

Frankly, I think Coleman's been very good this season, portraying the general competance of a long-time companion, authority over people not in the know, actualized bantering with the Doctor as she's hit the end of her character arc with him and the witty back and forth and sufficient horror in a situation such as when she was within the Dalek shell. Not sure where the complaint is coming from. 

Alternatively, while I think Williams' performed valiantly with a much harder role, there were definitely moments in this episode where I didn't quite buy her performance (some of that could have been the character pretending to be various shades of herself, but I only felt it worked maybe 2/3rds of the time). Most of the time, I really did, especially in that last patch which was the best part of the episode. 

Ok episode. The "invasion" or whatever the hell that was gave the impression that something more was supposed to be going on but they didn't have the budget for it. Anyway, the character beats were nice--like Lady Me realizing that she actually does care for people after all, and the Doctor understanding, having been through the same headspace himself. Really seems like this season is meant as a minor reset after last season.

More Capaldi is great. I'm hoping for five seasons.

Yeah, so I kind of want that. Not sure what I'd do with it though. I have two pac man ghosts on my desk at work but that's ironic and non-specific enough that I can get away with it (also a culture thing in that a lot of people who stop by the desk have no idea what they are). Outright Doctor Who action figure wouldn't fly. 

Nothing says "family tv show" than

terror camps and aping ISIS beheading videos and a rocket launcher shooting down a plane. That said, heel Jenna Coleman ~! All we need next week is Vapaldi wearing's The tartan cap Tom wore in the zygon episode.

Maybe.

We saw her get clone zapped by a Zygon in the beginning, but that would leave her alive, since Osgood said that even though Zygon's don't need the host alive to keep up the copy anymore, they still need the copy for new info.  So, we don't know if she's alive or dead.

We also don't know if the clone zap for Osgood was legit replacment, or a "good" Zygon trick, since I imagine they aren't killing off Baby Brig.

Maybe.

We saw her get clone zapped by a Zygon in the beginning, but that would leave her alive, since Osgood said that even though Zygon's don't need the host alive to keep up the copy anymore, they still need the copy for new info.  So, we don't know if she's alive or dead.

We also don't know if the clone zap for Osgood was legit replacment, or a "good" Zygon trick, since I imagine they aren't killing off Baby Brig.

Couldn't this already be Zygon Osgood?

Appropriately, the first set of new-series UNIT audio plays is out Monday. (Craig, this may interest you since it's basically Osgood and Kate when the Doctor's not available).  Probably skipping it for now, as War Doctor is out next month and Diary of River (w/McGann) is in January.