DVDVR Message Board

WRESTLING ON THE INTERNET NOT FROM THE NOW

RIPPA

AWA - The Midnight Rockers vs. Adrian Adonis & Cowboy Bob Orton 2/20/1988 - YouTube

Hulk Hogan vs Adrian Adonis - YouTube

Interesting to think what could of happened to Adrian had he not gotten in the car wreck and had gotten his weight and drug problem under control.

Could he have been brought back as an expansion era guy who gets repackaged similar to Mike Rotundo becoming IRS?

Would he have ended up in Jim Herd's more cartoony WCW?

Would Hogan have lobbied to bring him in under Bishoff with all the other Ex-WWF guys? Could have ended up working Saturday Night and Worldwide during the MNW.

He crossed paths with Heyman in dying days AWA so maybe he finishes up with a Tracy Smother's like run in the FBI

8 minutes ago, zendragon said:

Interesting to think what could of happened to Adrian had he not gotten in the car wreck and had gotten his weight and drug problem under control.

I'd like to think he'd have a career revival in ECW. When AI is good enough, this is the kind of scenario I'm going to plug in

• Like 1

Roddy Piper vs Rick McGraw, November 1985. The match that aired the day after McGraw's death from a heart attack: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BYRUKfuYaxI

Yeah, I can see how Roddy Piper's DDT would raise the ire of a certain Oklahoma-based promoter who had Jake Roberts doing much better DDTs.

If not for the whole unrelated death of McGraw, the match played out on TV like the phrase "Fuck around and find out"

42 minutes ago, zendragon said:

AWA - The Midnight Rockers vs. Adrian Adonis & Cowboy Bob Orton 2/20/1988 - YouTube

Hulk Hogan vs Adrian Adonis - YouTube

Could he have been brought back as an expansion era guy who gets repackaged similar to Mike Rotundo becoming IRS?

Would he have ended up in Jim Herd's more cartoony WCW?

Would Hogan have lobbied to bring him in under Bishoff with all the other Ex-WWF guys? Could have ended up working Saturday Night and Worldwide during the MNW.

He crossed paths with Heyman in dying days AWA so maybe he finishes up with a Tracy Smother's like run in the FBI

I think I either read somewhere or heard on a podcast that Adonis was supposedly scheduled to get a shot in JCP when the accident happened. 

This match between B. Brian Blair and Dr. D David Schultz wouldn't be out of place twenty years later I felt, real scientific. Also the fans get insane over the ending of this, wouldn't expect this from 1984 WWF. Wish we got another 4-6 minutes of it.

Adonis definitely would have got on in ECW or WCW. I recently watched the SWCW title win and it was great. I also remember that Adrian Adonis was the winner of an old poll on the old board…best fat guy worker lol!

Then I read about some bloody match from SWCW TV being a bigger reason than remembered for the show being canceled on USA, leading to that whole thing. I’ll have to watch that one day. 

• Like 1

In which during the first four minutes of this USWA Dallas segment, Boogie Woogie Man Jimmy Valiant kisses a ring girl, a referee, a woman in the front row that is being taunted by his opponent Billy Joe Travis for being homely, and a fourth person that I will absolutely NOT spoil for those clicking on this.

https://youtu.be/6cXo8XvfzL0?si=ghFRODGk0IL2AO-F

• Like 3
  • Haha 2