DVDVR Message Board

Game of Thrones Maesters Thread

elizium

Elsalvajeloco hopes that Jon Snow will be a continuing character because he fears for the career of Kit Harington. 

He will be crushed by what happens next season.  Poor dude.  Dolfan will be broken-hearted as well.

Seeing Catelyn Stark as badass terrorist in 24 LAD makes me feel hopeful for awesomeness when she is reintroduced as Lady Stoneheart.

Kit Harrington might have trouble post GoT but he really is spot on as Jon Snow. On a show that consistently nails casting he stands out for me.

Besides even if his career fails he can make a nice living doing conventions.

Hound vs Brienne was fantastic but I don't really get the point of it? Cool Brienne win?!

So what the fuck are they gonna do with the kids now since they're already there?

TV Dany is getting meh-ier.

Still no Lady Stoneheart. 

The last was the right call. They didn't have time to properly set her up, and now the next season gets another "Oh shit" moment which it kind of needs.

Book 3 was overwhelming in a shock and awe sort of way with that as the capper but this will ultimately work better I think.

The theories about Jojen in the book are to do with that wierwood seed drink that he keeps making Bran have? People think blood of a greenseer is an important ingredient, and so his whole 'this is not the day I die' thing is because he knows he has to sacrifice himself for Bran to gain his full powers.

Obviously the show is changing things - with some characters (especially Sansa, who did little and less after book 3) now nearly caught up to the end of book 5, Arya & Bran's next season is basically going to be a Supernatural training montage.

So, next season, I imagine they have to combine the next two books.

Lots of Greyjoys, lots of Dorne. Lots of their timeline is messed up. Bolton's at Winterfell, Sansa'a already leveled up, none of the Greyjoy stuff has happened.

I have no idea how they'll incorporate the Dorne stuff considering how dull it is and how its so not related to anything else we've seen on the show. I could see the entire Quentyn Martell thing getting excised for futility without the show missing a beat.

And Lady Stoneheart is lame.

Happy Father's Day, asshole.

- Tyrion, Jaime and Cersei Lannister.

Fixed that, because Jaime let Tyrion out and Cersei decided to tell him that she has been fucking her brother and would tell everyone else if he didn't bow down and shut the fuck up...on the last day of his life.

So, Bran's just going to be looking at the past and catching us up on everything that we need to know from the past right? 

So will Stannis get to be all snarky and shit like he is in the books next season?  The show paints him as too one dimensional, and I think the best part of Stannis in the book is that he's a bit of a douche to people almost as a sign of respect. 

Brienne vs. The Hound was great, but it didn't really make sense.  Why have Biter bite him, if that isn't how he "dies?"  How did he survive that fall?  How does he not bleed out on that mountain?  I don't understand where that scene leaves him.

We all know where Cersei is going, and her scene with Tywin was like watching someone start a fire with a flint stone and the grass is just starting to smoke.  Lena Headey is going to kill next season, she's been great so far, but next season gives her so much to work with. 

Next season we get to meet Arianne and the Sand Snakes, Arya getting assassin training, and Dany wasting time in Mereen.

Well they nailed it. I was skeptical going in that they'd be able to hit everything but they proved my fears wrong.

I think the Hound is dead. Sure we didn't see him die but he was super fucked up and in the middle of nowhere.

Depending on how they go the cast could really ballon next season. Let's see...

Prince Doran Martell

Arianna Martell

Aero Hotath

Queyntn Martell and his 2 buddies.

At least 3 Sand Snakes.

Jon Connington and young Aegon

Brown Ben Plumm

Mance's wife and her sister

2, maybe 3 Greyjoy brothers.

Whoever Arya meets in Braavos.

The Kettlebacks.

I'm sure I'm forgetting a couple more...

Well they nailed it. I was skeptical going in that they'd be able to hit everything but they proved my fears wrong.

I think the Hound is dead. Sure we didn't see him die but he was super fucked up and in the middle of nowhere.

Prince Doran Martell

Arianna Martell

Aero Hotath

At least 3 Sand Snakes.

Brown Ben Plumm

The Kettlebacks.

The Hound is the novice gravedigger and nobody will ever convince me he's not.

Prince Doran Martell

Arianna Martell

Aero Hotath

At least 3 Sand Snakes.

Brown Ben Plumm

The Kettlebacks.

Don't forget Gerold "Darkstar" Dayne, Arys Oakheart, Wyman Manderly, and all of the crazy people Tyrion meets on his journey. 

Prince Doran Martell

Arianna Martell

Aero Hotath

At least 3 Sand Snakes.

Brown Ben Plumm

The Kettlebacks.

The Hound is the novice gravedigger and nobody will ever convince me he's not.

Well that would be interesting if Brienne gets back there considering the changes they made here.

More thoughts. Jon Snow locking eyes with Melisandra over the flames was a cool moment. Stannis saving the day could have been a little more dramatic though.

Ok the skeletons rising from the ground was looked good but the fireball throwing kid wasn't so great. Even the fireball sounds were terrible. As much money as this show is making HBO better not skimp on effects going forward.

Cool as the Skelton's thing was, I got a "Skeleton Monster stop-motion Fight Scene from Jason and the Argonaughts" vibe from it, and Dany collaring Viceron and Rhaegon looked off, but this is still a TV show.  I imagine the effects budget got blown last week with the battle of the wall.

Yeah, didn't know Children of the Forest could toss fireballs.  Dissappointed at lack of Coldhands making the save.

And Jojen dying pretty much leaves no suspense on what's gonna happen to him in Book 6.

Also find it odd that they cut the Brother Confession scene during the escape, since Jamie spilling the details of Tyrion's first wife to him is what prompts him to go to Tywin's chamber, and Tyrion telling Jaime that Cersei's been fucking other people in his absense is what kicks off his "Fuck this bitch, I'm out" run next book. 

That's a good point about Tyrion not telling Jamie about Cersei fucking around with Lancel. They must be saving that for Lancel himself. Gotta think Lancel and Kevan Lannister return very early next season. Both are pretty important going forward. That reminds me of yet another new character they have to introduce, the new High Septon.

There is going to be a massive amount of speculating during this GoT offseason.

I'm reading everywhere on the internet that Varys went on the ship too after hearing the bells and realizing that someone important has died.

What?

It already felt strange to me that Varys was not the one kinda directing Tyrion to the Tower of the Hand, but implying that he didn't know and just ran away is super weird.

Yeah, they switched up the whole sequence of events for the Tyrion escape.  Jamie and Tyrion didn't have *that* conversation, Tyrion goes into the Tower of his own accord, kills Tywin just because he uses Whore to reference Shae, who Tyrion just strangled, then runs back to Varys, who just has a "What have you done?" line, drops him at the ship, then leaves with him when he hears the Bells.  

I think next season, we're gonna get further from the books, since there were a lot of changes this season.