DVDVR Message Board

NFL OFF FIELD ISSUES

RIPPA

• 2 weeks later...

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2023/07/31/jamin-davis-reckless-driving/

Washington's Jamin Davis was busted a for 2nd time in 6th months for reckless driving (114 mph in a 45)

He had a plea deal that would see him spending no more than 8 days in jail. The Judge said fuck that noise and rejected the deal and sentenced him to 30 days in jail along with a fine and his license is suspended

Judge Stephen E. Sincavage rejected the proposed deal, noting the heavily trafficked area in which Davis was speeding, the time of day and Davis’s “not terrible but not clean” record. A status hearing for further scheduling is set for 1 p.m. Thursday.

It should be noted that these come just after his teammate Deshazor Everett wrecked his car that killed Everett's girlfriend (which was on the same road) an incident where Davis was just ahead of Everett's car

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2023/07/31/jamin-davis-reckless-driving/

Washington's Jamin Davis was busted a for 2nd time in 6th months for reckless driving (114 mph in a 45)

He had a plea deal that would see him spending no more than 8 days in jail. The Judge said fuck that noise and rejected the deal and sentenced him to 30 days in jail along with a fine and his license is suspended

It should be noted that these come just after his teammate Deshazor Everett wrecked his car that killed Everett's girlfriend (which was on the same road) an incident where Davis was just ahead of Everett's car

I work in Loudoun country and there is a ridiculous amount of speeding that seems to happen on pretty much every major thoroughfare.  I often see someone going 100+ on 28 on my way to work. Yesterday there were at least 4 speed traps, so maybe they are trying to crack down. 

10 hours ago, supremebve said:

I work in Loudoun country and there is a ridiculous amount of speeding that seems to happen on pretty much every major thoroughfare.  I often see someone going 100+ on 28 on my way to work. Yesterday there were at least 4 speed traps, so maybe they are trying to crack down. 

The only speeding ticket I've ever gotten was on 28 but I was only going 70! 70 on I-28 is like going 50, I shoulda gotten a warning.

21 minutes ago, Kevin Wilson said:

The only speeding ticket I've ever gotten was on 28 but I was only going 70! 70 on I-28 is like going 50, I shoulda gotten a warning.

I honestly think the fact that everyone treats 28 like the Autobahn is the reason why it is the only major thoroughfare in the entire metro area that isn't a parking lot every morning. 

Edited by supremebve

10 hours ago, Travis Sheldon said:

Do that not show that 60s-70s driving horror film in high school anymore?

It doesn't work anyway. Nick Hogan was forced to watch it on an episode of Hogan Knows Best, and, well...

• Haha 2

13 hours ago, supremebve said:

I honestly think the fact that everyone treats 28 like the Autobahn is the reason why it is the only major thoroughfare in the entire metro area that isn't a parking lot every morning. 

No it is just a parking lot when I come home from work every day

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

No it is just a parking lot when I come home from work every day

No, I specifically said morning, because of this.  It is 45 minutes from my house to work without traffic, and it is very rare that it takes more than 50 minutes in the morning.  It is always over an hour going home.  I might see someone driving over 100 at 8 in the morning, but never in the afternoon.

On 7/24/2023 at 7:38 PM, dogwelder said:

Oh it just got a lot worse for him:

Uwazunke is now facing 2 years in prison for his bets on his own (Broncos) and Iowa State's football games.  Apparently the prosecutors are really pissed that he made bets under a false identity.  

19 hours ago, Travis Sheldon said:

Do that not show that 60s-70s driving horror film in high school anymore?

When I was teaching, they put a wrecked car in the parking lot and had people made up to look injured/dead. 

Can't remember if that was before or after we lost a couple students in a car wreck. 

I don't get "real" on the board much, but this subject is a sore spot for me.

The fact that this could be avoided by a simple click on their cell phones is maddening.

I realize that the league has classes on this subject, but every team should pound this issue into the players heads.

The teams also lose out when a player gets into an accident and messes up someone else or themselves.

Look at Ruggs from the Raiders, guy had an amazing upside and he threw it all away in one crash that killed an innocent person, and their dog, and his career.

I feel the same way about these street racing assholes that put innocent lives in danger because they don't have the sense to go to a race track.

• Like 7

Ronald Jones was suspended for the first 2 games due to violating the PED policy

Jones claims he was popped for his heart medicine which he has had a prescription for since he entered the league

18 hours ago, Travis Sheldon said:

I don't get "real" on the board much, but this subject is a sore spot for me.

The fact that this could be avoided by a simple click on their cell phones is maddening.

I realize that the league has classes on this subject, but every team should pound this issue into the players heads.

The teams also lose out when a player gets into an accident and messes up someone else or themselves.

Look at Ruggs from the Raiders, guy had an amazing upside and he threw it all away in one crash that killed an innocent person, and their dog, and his career.

I feel the same way about these street racing assholes that put innocent lives in danger because they don't have the sense to go to a race track.

It's incredibly stupid,  but it's also not unexpected from young guys who have made it to the NFL. I can't think of many things that can make you feel invincible more than getting to the NFL. It's beating the odds in pretty much the most physically demanding way possible. You have basically proven to yourself that you're more bad ass than anyone on the planet. When you add the fact that you get to the NFL when you're old enough to know better,  but dumb enough to do it any way,  you get a whole lot of terrible decisions. 

PFT is reporting Houston minority owner Javier Loya has been charged with first degree rape, and 6 counts of first and third degree sexual abuse.  

The Texans have replied to PFT saying they are aware of the serious charges filed against him. 

I understand why certain people find it to be this feel good movie but I always found the movie insulting as hell.  I mean if you watch that movie, you would thought Michael Oher was this special needs guy with great physical talent that was molded by these kind white people.  Clearly for anyone that has heard Oher, that isn't the case.

Edited by hammerva
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, hammerva said:

I understand why certain people find it to be this feel good movie but I always found the movie insulting as hell.  I mean if you watch that movie, you would thought Michael Oher was this special needs guy with great physical talent that was molded by these kind white people.  Clearly for anyone that has heard Oher, that isn't the case.

Oh it's one of the most blatant white savior movies ever made (it also ignores that Oher was considered a top prospect on the O-line before he ever met them.)

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Zimbra said:

I got whole lot of questions for Michael Lewis coming out of this.

Yeah,  the movie and the book aren't far apart.  Apparently they never adopted him,  they put him in a conservatorship, which they told him was the same thing.  That allowed them to sell his story and negotiate "on his behalf." This is some diabolical ass long term planning, if it's even 1% true.