DVDVR Message Board

2015-16 NFL Playoffs: Wildcard Weekend

Dolfan in NYC

Yup, didn't realize fucking yinzers were the 6 seed. I hope Manning has one last great game (or just hands the ball off and let's the RB's annihilate them).

Yup, didn't realize fucking yinzers were the 6 seed. I hope Manning has one last great game (or just hands the ball off and let's the RB's annihilate them).

Defense wins playoff games. Hard to find a better one than Denver.
I don't want a win, I want the mother of all dickstompings.

Burficht is the dirtiest player in the game. Lewis should be fired for the disgraceful way his team played - oh yeah and choking away a win when all they needed was three runs and a FG. I don't think the Steelers get by Denver after this war but at least Cincy wasn't rewarded for their assholery.

• Like 1

God its like watching the booking of Roman Reigns.

So many chances over the years but they think "Lets miss out one more time, that'll ramp up the sympathy!"

Not true.  They managed to get Roman's booking right before the end of 2015.  There's legitimate hope there.  The Bungles?  Not so much.

• Like 2

I know it is Deion but I love the idea that Burfict wasn't trying to deliver a shot on Brown and that it was an accident.   

He really wasn't trying to hit him like that, there is no way he could have expected Brown's head to be where it was when he started that tackle.  Brown was looking the other way, the bad pass put his head in that position.  Burfict is going to be vilified, and let's face it his reputation precedes him, but I didn't see any ill intent in that hit.

The Bengals deserved all of those penalties and actually some more at the end. Besides Pac Man's nonsense Burflict pushed the Steeler trainer and multiple Bengals pushed Joey Porter.

The NFL needs to flag any contact to the ball carriers head and get some guys under 70 reffing these games. The game is way to fast and the complexity of the rules are to much for the part time geezers they have out there.

Burficht is the dirtiest player in the game. Lewis should be fired for the disc graceful way his team played - oh yeah and choking away a win when all they needed was three runs and a FG. I don't think the Steelrers get by Denver after this war but at least Cincy wasn't rewarded for their assholery.

I don't really think the narrative that Cincinnati was a bunch of dickbags and Pittsburgh were white knights rings true, though. The hit on Gio was filthy. There are legal hits that are dirty and illegal hits that are part of the game. The rulebook is flawed. I think they both played a physical, chippy game and for sure, it got away from Cincinnati. But it's not so one sided.

• Like 1

If you think Lewis will be fired you are insane. Mike Brown wouldn't fire overmatched Dave Shula until he literally had to, he's not going to fire the most successful coach the team has had since his father was behind the sidelines. Even if you think it should happen I'd be shocked if it did. As painful as this was, do you doubt for a second that if Dalton plays this game we win easily? That alone probably buys him a reprieve.

If you think Lewis will be fired you are insane. Mike Brown wouldn't fire overmatched Dave Shula until he literally had to, he's not going to fire the most successful coach the team has had since his father was behind the sidelines. Even if you think it should happen I'd be shocked if it did. As painful as this was, do you doubt for a second that if Dalton plays this game we win easily? That alone probably buys him a reprieve.

I think the odds are just as good Dalton gives a full EJ like meltdown as much as a dominant win. . . 

You can't be in a playoff game letting your team get that far out of control though.

But yeah, it's the Bengals. You might be right.