DVDVR Message Board

2016 TNA General Thread

I'm far from a TNA apologist, but we've been saying that for YEARS and TNA has constantly been the cockroach that survives a nuclear apocalypse. I don't think Eric Young and Bobby Roode will be the reason they close up shop. It doesn't help, but it won't be the reason.

True, but it's like the Abrams UWF.  They started out with a lot of big name talent and ended up with a babyface called Death Row 3280.*

*I don't remember the number exactly, but the point is that he was a babyface.

In my mind you are directly comparing Death Row to Drew Galloway and I love it.

So Meltzer reported that TNA locker room morale was low

So in typical TNA fashion - everyone was all pissy and they were being all MORALE IS GREAT!!! YOU ARE A LIAR!!!

Shane Helms decided to be the lead dog on that one basically going "WHOEVER TOLD YOU THAT IS A WEASEL!!! THIS IS THE GREATEST LOCKER ROOM EVER!!!"

• Like 1

On 3/22/2016 at 1:22 PM, evidence said:

I vaguely remember seeing Death Row as a WCW jobber.

He was.  Only match I actually remember was a Sting squash, though.

He also got squashed by Luger in 1990 on Power Hour

Worked for ECW on one of their earliest Florida jaunts as well.

4 hours ago, The Z said:

They also signed Marcus Louis and Sylvester Lefort this week. Does it get any more TNA than that?

You could do a lot worse than Marcus Louis and Sylvester LeFort. I mean, it's not as if they brought them in and immediately put the tag titles on them. That would have been very TNA of TNA. 

To quote the great Scott Steiner:

"“Not sure how pritchard hogan n bitchoff convinced dixie to turn her back on the ppl who built up Tna. They cut the money for catering and we startd using paper plates n plastic.f*****g crazy!!!!"

On 3/23/2016 at 3:07 PM, The Z said:

They also signed Marcus Louis and Sylvester Lefort this week. Does it get any more TNA than that?

Meltzer's update from yesterday said they also signed Pepper Parks (who I feel has already been on TV for them), Cherry Bomb and Marshe Rockett (A guy our of Chicago)