DVDVR Message Board

[MOVIE] 2016 UPCOMING MOVIE TYPE THINGS:

RIPPA

Little Prince is now straight-to-Netflix. Damn shame, I loved the book and the Franco-Japanese cartoon when I was little, and the trailer was basically perfect. We saw the trailer before Howl's Moving Castle last month and we're both really excited.

Best guess? Shitty timing. We know the movie isn't a turkey from its critical and box office reception everywhere else in the world. The best theory I've seen is that they realized last minute what a disaster it was to ship it 2 weeks after Zootopia, and either Paramount or the French producers thought it would lose them less face and/or money to go this route than to dump it into theatres as a guaranteed bomb or push it back til the fall.

Apparently Paramount was only the U.S. distributor.  It's playing in theaters all around here (Toronto) and I would guess all over the rest of Canada too.

(And now that I'm reading more closely, CH probably already knew that because of his "everywhere else in the world" line.)

That stinks. The director of Little Prince is Mark Osborne, a guy I went to high school with. We were in art class together, and I spent alot of time at his house as I was really close with his brother Kent. Kent has also had success working on Sponge Bob and Adventure Time and Mark directed the first King Fu Panda. I've been following the development of Little Prince and it's truly been a labor of love for him. It looks tremendous.

• Like 1

That stinks. The director of Little Prince is Mark Osborne, a guy I went to high school with. We were in art class together, and I spent alot of time at his house as I was really close with his brother Kent. Kent has also had success working on Sponge Bob and Adventure Time and Mark directed the first King Fu Panda. I've been following the development of Little Prince and it's truly been a labor of love for him. It looks tremendous.

It must really suck to see your movie do well abroad but get shat on and shuffled off to streaming in your home country, just because of timing. Especially an adaptation of something that was important to you personally.  I'm still really looking forward to seeing it, just wish it were going to be in a theatre.

On ‎3‎/‎22‎/‎2016 at 3:03 PM, (BP) said:

Much like Highlander, Christopher Lambert is the only Tarzan to me (Johnny Weismuller notwithstanding.) Also much like Highlander, I'll accept the hokey syndicated 90s TV version.

IMO, that Filmation kids series continues to be the definitive Tarzan adaptation.

The greatest indiegogo ever is for a possible spinoff sequel.

Fast Nein: The Fast & The Führer

The Fast & Furious gang travel back in time to Nazi Germany to race with & fight Hitler.

Whoever came up with this idea should be given the Pulitzer and ever Oscar.  Ever. 

1 hour ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

The greatest indiegogo ever is for a possible spinoff sequel.

Fast Nein: The Fast & The Führer

The Fast & Furious gang travel back in time to Nazi Germany to race with & fight Hitler.

Whoever came up with this idea should be given the Pulitzer and ever Oscar.  Ever. 

It stems from an ongoing segment from Kevin Smith's podcast Hollywood Babble-On, where each week they come up with improbable versions of Hollywood movies that all star Hitler.