DVDVR Message Board

NFL 2015 - WEEK THIRTEEN

RIPPA

There's no way the Colts win this week, is there? :(

If you told me that of my two teams, the Bears would be the more fun team to watch, despite a losing record, I would have thought you were crazy, but here we are. If anything, I'm hoping this makes Cutler a Bear for the rest of his career. Fuck the haters. Best heel in the league.

Pete Morelli's crew was supposed to work the Skins/Cowboys game on MNF

The NFL removed them from that for being shitty.

But have no fear - they still will work a game this week because... NFL reasons

You know, I may be crazy or completely off base but I feel like a nearly 40 year old man throwing temper tantrums (that Cam Newton or Dez Bryant would get crucified for, but I digress) like a spoiled little four year old probably doesn't help New England get calls. Just saying.

• Like 1

I'll never forget reading a season preview article about Tannehill and when they mentioned "he'll be in control of a new Lazor Offense" I got irrationally excited thinking they were talking about a new philosophy ala run and shoot, pistol, spread, etc. I was pretty bummed when I found out it was just a guy's name.

Now I'm kinda sad we'll never have a Coach Lazor running the London Knights.

This week is my annual travel to see the Packers game.

They are 6-0 when I travel to see them.

I fear that streak will end Thursday the way the Lions have been playing.

I hope your fears are realized. :)
  • Like 1

And in a shock to absolutely no one....

Josh McCown is out for the season.  Broken collarbone.

Pettine has not named a starter for next week.  Poor Cleveland. 

Cleveland's really in a worst case scenario right now. Starting Davis is pointless because he could throw for 400 yards every game here on out and he's still not in their plans next season (in that they'll be QB shopping regardless). Starting Manziel is dangerous because Pettine wants him gone so if he plays well, they're gonna infuriate the fan base when they release him. Especially if he plays well elsewhere. If he sucks, then you cut the balls off your coach and might as well just fire him.

Factory of Sadness might be the most accurate description of a franchise I've ever heard.

The Bills aren't completely done, play off wise, yet. IF they beat Houston, the rest of the season is still winnable, being the all the NFC Least teams(except the Giants) and the Jets. I know they will fuck it up, but I just hope not to get teased to much on the way. I realize that is also too much to ask. . . .

Morelli's crew was moved to the Pats game

Great... just great...

So... is Morelli's crew the Rugged Ronnie Garvin of the NFL, or the Danny Davis? [And to further stretch this analogy are the Pats Greg Valentine or The Hart Foundation?]

I've often thought the refs might be attention whores in love with TV facetime.  The NFL's choice of punishment (no prime time game for you!) backs that up.

You say punishment I say shelter.

"Paid Administrative Leave [until the public forgets about you because you're out of sight out of mind and/or another crew's shittiness becomes the new lightning rod or people get mad about the concussions and wife-beating again.]"  Only without the leave, since here they are again to somebody covers (or doesn't cover).

BY THE WAY:  Morelli's crew is the one with the woman Side Judge (whose name I have forgotten already), so get ready for that embarrassing relative in your facebook feed who likes and re-posts every crackpot meme under the sun to add one about how "they're really reassigning this crew to keep people from seeing "the GIRL ref" fail" to their horrible repertoire.  She was, in fact, the only one on the crew I don't remember seeing fuck something up Sunday.  Morelli himself literally lost track of the down which held the game up for about 5 minutes (I may have mentioned this in-thread)

Cleveland's really in a worst case scenario right now. Starting Davis is pointless because he could throw for 400 yards every game here on out and he's still not in their plans next season (in that they'll be QB shopping regardless). Starting Manziel is dangerous because Pettine wants him gone so if he plays well, they're gonna infuriate the fan base when they release him. Especially if he plays well elsewhere. If he sucks, then you cut the balls off your coach and might as well just fire him.

Factory of Sadness might be the most accurate description of a franchise I've ever heard.

No wonder they're bringing in Pryor.

Hell, you know what, I remember that 93 yard TD run he had against Pittsburg, maybe he actually IS the best option for Cleveland, there's a grim scenario.