DVDVR Message Board

Grand Theft Auto V Talk.

I too enjoy planting sticky bombs at intersections and detonating when people drive through...also planting sticky bombs in alley's/overhead on stairs when someone is tailing me.

How many of you are aware of the barbershop glitch on the north/central side of the city in GTAO? 

Really easy to get the 5* wanted level and then lose it multiple times, there's a platinum achievement for that, but it'll give you some massive xp for killing the cops/fib/noose guys.  Go for headshots, they're worth more and you don't spend as much ammo.

There appeared to be a lot of fat guys hanging out at the beach today, so naturally I started punching everyone in sight.

Then some jagoff decided to try to run me over with his car (must have been mad that I was after his brethren). Fortunately, I have a shotgun - so I just one-shot killed him through the windshield.

He did not like that.

• Like 1

It's especially fun to either beat the people at the beach with a baseball bat (as I've documented before), or if you find a four-wheeler on the beach, run 'em over with that. Bonus points if you can get away from the cops on the four-wheeler.

God, I am terrible at sticky bombs. Just horrible. Everyone I play with on the game can use them so well and I'm just terrible at them. Biggest flaw in my online game. Need to work on it. 

If I'm in passive mode, usually the only thought going through my head is "how do I get away from this dude in a tank?" If you're on the ground, he'll run over you, if you get into a car, he'll blow up the car. I'm busy trying to arrange a parkour route from rooftop to rooftop.

Yeah - I have only had one "random encounter" happen so far and I got the purse back to the lady who had it jacked from her. That took way longer than it should have because I stupidly tried to chase the dude down on foot.

That also reminds me - so I did the online tutorial last night and was amused that in the Death Match one - the guy I was paired up with spent like two minutes running to find a vehicle to try and run me over. He gets a cement mixer and comes to ram me but instead drives it right into a parked car. I just shot him through the windshield and called it a day.

I know that sadly - regular death matches wont be that simple

There are 2 random encounters where you can recruit heist team members. 1 can be done at anytime (as long as it's night) and takes place at the giant store close to Franklin's house. You're gonna want to do this one ASAP trust me. 

The other one you can't do until after the first heist so don't bother trying it before then. Near Braddock Pass on the freeway. 

You can get either of these with any of the 3 main characters.

Little while before you get Trevor then if you just got Michael.  Take some time to putz around and get the lay of Los Santos.  Save Blaine County for when Trevor becomes available.

I really need to know what I'm doing wrong when I play tennis. My guy will run over to the ball, I hit one of the buttons to return it, and he just stands there. The ball whizzes by him, and THEN he swings the racket. It's infuriating.

Melraz makes me play it all the time because he gets a kick out of how mad I get. We now have a deal in place - if I agree to play tennis, he agrees to do a couple parachuting missions.

Trust me - if you see him online or are in a party with him, do everything you can to con him into a parachuting mission. It's hilarious how terrible he is. I don't think he's hit the landing zone one single time.

I finally found the submarine online last night. I had no idea it was available online. Here's the video that shows where it is, if anyone is interested - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XCEsczS5Toc

I've gone full-bore crazy spending the millions I was gifted since I heard they're removing it. That probably means all the crap I bought will be going away too, but I bought it anyway. I even bought the stupid dump truck. It's completely useless, but I get a kick out of running NPC cars over in the city.

I finally did that race on top of the building that some of you were talking about. As with all other motorcycle races, I'm absolutely terrible. I'm not exaggerating when I say that, in any given motorcycle race, I wreck on average about 6-7 times. So, that rooftop race is absolutely brutal for me.

• Like 1

I finally did that race on top of the building that some of you were talking about. As with all other motorcycle races, I'm absolutely terrible. I'm not exaggerating when I say that, in any given motorcycle race, I wreck on average about 6-7 times. So, that rooftop race is absolutely brutal for me.

Too bad you can't hop on the bike of my bike so we could go ridin' by old man Johnson's farm, I mean win the motorcycle races. I'm an excellent motorcycle driver.

I actually just sold off my motorcycle to free up space in my garage for a car that I now don't particularly like. Riding motorcycles around in Freemode is a death sentence because you're bound to go smashing into something while someone's chasing you, and then they'll just run over you while you're lying there injured, adding death and insult to injury.

A buddy of mine is CONSTANTLY doing those damn parachute races. I'm getting to the point where I can hit about 60 percent of the checkpoints, but have landed successfully once in about 60 tries.

I love getting into a game where there's very few people around and they're all way away from downtown, then calling in a tank and going after the cops until they get 5-star mad. I don't wanna shoot at players in a tank unless they've shot at me first with a tank, but the cops are another story completely.

Have you ever noticed how many random players send you friend requests? I have no idea who these people are and they're sending me friend requests. One of them even asked if he could be in my crew. I should've texted back "what's your opinion on Mark Henry?" One guy texted me simply "will you give me some money?"

Another guy texted me to meet him, for some reason. I didn't, then he sent me a friend request, then tried to kill me outside one of the Los Santos Customs. I killed him, then deleted his friend request. 

Harms, if we're ever online at the same time - jstout423 - If you're on Xbox, I'd be happy to test out any of your races. Then again, you might be one of those PlayStation weirdos (just kidding!). In which case, talk to Fat Spanish Waiter.

I actually just sold off my motorcycle to free up space in my garage for a car that I now don't particularly like. Riding motorcycles around in Freemode is a death sentence because you're bound to go smashing into something while someone's chasing you, and then they'll just run over you while you're lying there injured, adding death and insult to injury.

I'd actually disagree with that, because in some circumstances, (such as off-road), the bike is gonna be the best possible vehicle. Even in the city, a modded-up bike is going to be more maneuverable than the cars that are fast enough to catch it, never mind fitting through tight spots a car can't follow.

I only have around $275,000 but i'm saving up to buy a sports car.

Following turning My beach vehicle into Speed Buggy, i am slowly turning my vehicles into homages to cartoon cars.

First up, turning the Elegy into the Mach 5.

I'd actually disagree with that, because in some circumstances, (such as off-road), the bike is gonna be the best possible vehicle. Even in the city, a modded-up bike is going to be more maneuverable than the cars that are fast enough to catch it, never mind fitting through tight spots a car can't follow.

I agree to a point - they are a lot easier to weave in and out of traffic in, but it's definitely easier to wreck at a high speed and get thrown from the motorcycle. I haven't been thrown from a car yet. 

I sold my modded-up off road vehicle (the BF Injection) because I was doing much better in off-road races with a totally unmodded Sanchez. I should be getting a Sanchez soon, as soon as I decide what can stay and what can go. I finally fixed up an Obey Tailgater, so I might replace my Benefactor Schafter with a Sanchez. I could also sell off the Coupe, SUV or Muscle car I never drive.

I worked on my secondary character some tonight hoping if I bought a garage for her, then my main character could use the cars, but that seems to be a no-go. It places you in a different room every time you switch characters. I was doing some racing to build up my XP and there was a guy in a race room briefly with me (he quit before the race started) who was level 600-plus. Cheat much?

Wonder what the highest believeable level is, the highest one achieved by a player without the help of XP cheating? I'd say low 200s, maybe 250.

Some guy shot at me unprovoked and killed me the other day and I went 'nanners on him. I must've killed him 10 times straight until he was texting me to stop. Then I looked at the levels and I'm level 133 and he's level 6. I felt kinda bad, like I was taking candy from a baby. But he did shoot first. 

• Like 1