DVDVR Message Board

Grand Theft Auto V Talk.

I spent the first half of the game waiting to waste Lamar.  I spent the second half in awe of what an awesome secondary character he is.

Recently finishing it up and deciding to do a full replay, this is the first GTA game I finished.  There really isn't anything I don't love about this game, except for the massively broken Online, but I don't play it enough to care.  

I actually don't think there's a way to fix Online at this point without hitting the reset button.

I've meant to post this in the thread, and I'm sorry if I have already, but....

I was able to equip the crew emblem on my cars and t-shirts before, but now for some reason I am unable to.  I know I changed some settings around, on xbl, but since I have changed all my settings back and still unable to wear the crew emblem on my stuff.  I did leave a couple of other crews that I was involved with, and I had ranked up playing with some of those guys, maybe this is it?  But I don't think that would have any effect on the DVDR crew, but who knows....

Is there anyone playing online who doesn't have at least hundreds of millions of dollars by now?

Nope. I told my buddy, who hasn't played in about a month, if he wants money, to log into a room with a player that's at least 200 or higher and just wait a few minutes. Within 10 minutes someone gifted him 100 million. Then he killed a bounty worth 1 billion. It's literally harder to be broke than to be a billionaire at this point.

A part of me doesn't like it because I liked the grind of slowly getting money to improve my character. On the other hand, I have found that since I don't have to worry about money anymore, I'm much more carefree in the game. All I do now is ride around looking for jumps and being a dick to people. It's a lot more like GTA4 free roam now.

• Like 1

Game purchased - I will now spend the night making room on my hard drive

Also - how much of the single player do I need to do to unlock the multiplayer? Or is it just there?

JT, Novacain and I all should be on tomorrow night. I figure if we do some of the missions we have down cold and you tag along and don't die, you should level up quickly, since you get XP for a mission the first time and then XP/2 after that.

I would definitely not log into a public server as a newbie.

---

capture is no fun when you have 3 people and you're the 1 and not the two. :{

Have you guys noticed the crazy money giveaways seem to have gone away? 

The money's kinda upset the flow of the game because you could always count on two or three people going for a crate, and that got to be fun. But now, everybody's too busy fighting with each other to pick up crates or tussle over the high-priority vehicles because no one needs the money. 

I definitely agree something needs to be done about the guys who are invincible, and I think the tanks either need to come out of the game or be relegated to deathmatches only. It's just too easy to run around killing everyone who doesn't have a tank. People can get into passive mode and get up on something so you can't be run over, but the tank is surprisingly quick and you'll be run over while trying to make a break for a car to get out of there.

A guy was after everyone in the room with a tank tonight so I got a tank and blew up his tank. So he got a tank and blew mine up. So I got a tank and blew his up. So he got a tank and blew me up 100 times until I finally gave up and left the game. 

I kind of like sparring with other players and it leads to some fun moments like tonight when a guy had total position on me and my death was completely imminent when one of my friends (who I didn't know was anywhere near me) shot him in the head.

What's funny is the guy in the tank was pretty much dominating everyone before that just riding around in a car. Somebody eventually got him, so I guess he switched to the tank.

I've meant to post this in the thread, and I'm sorry if I have already, but....

I was able to equip the crew emblem on my cars and t-shirts before, but now for some reason I am unable to.  I know I changed some settings around, on xbl, but since I have changed all my settings back and still unable to wear the crew emblem on my stuff.  I did leave a couple of other crews that I was involved with, and I had ranked up playing with some of those guys, maybe this is it?  But I don't think that would have any effect on the DVDR crew, but who knows....

Have you tried re-buying the logo?  I forget what I did but I was missing the logo for a while until I re-bought it.

The money's kinda upset the flow of the game

That's an understatement.  It's broken at this point unless you take it as a free for all clusterfuck.

Rockstar says they're going to roll out a patch that'll plug up the exploit holes and remove the exploited money.  

They didn't state what's going to happen to the stuff that was bought with said money.

That has the potential to fuck Online and make it more unplayable than it already is.  

That's pretty much what they're gonna have to do.

I got rid of most of the cars in my garage, but I kept my baby of a green Sabre Turbo, so I'm fine with everything bought with dirty money being taken away.

Some people are making alt characters and attempting to launder the money by having them buy a bunch of cars to mod and sell back.

Can they just roll everybody back to an old point in time like from a backup file? That would even get rid of the character problem.

I tried to make another character because I wanted another 10-car garage to have some different cars to toodle around in, and I got tired of just having a pistol while going through the training missions, so I gave it up. "Where's my RPG, dammit! Oh yeah." They also threw me in the middle of a live room as a Level 3 player. I was like "holy shit, I'm gonna get trampled."

I would be happy to lose all the stuff I bought and have Pegasus deliver, I don't need any of that stuff. That would kinda take care of some of the tank problem, but tanks still need to go. I've only bought two vehicles, an Entity (which I think I'd buy again with "real money" if they took it away from me, as much as I love driving it in Freemode) and a scooter, fully modded, wihich can barely pull a hill.

It has given me a break from grinding for money to pay for whatever or getting over the million-dollar mark, and now if I had to start buying my own crap again, I'd start grinding for money by doing missions again. They've added a buttload of new races (I guess ones that were designed by users). The one on top of the basketball arena is a hoot.

There hasn't been any mention of taking away people's RP/rank.  Pprobably nothing is going to happen besides losing the gobs of cash and the stuff you obviously bought with the glitched money (ie, high value stuff like copters and tanks).  If you notice, anytime you sell a car, there is a cloud save done.  So they are tracking who is repeatedly selling high value cars, and those are the ones that will be banned or whatever.

http://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/article/52013/the-first-rockstar-verified-gta-online-jobs.html/#comments

In regards to reports of hacking and cheating in Grand Theft Auto Online, we are working on a fix that will remove any GTA$ gained through these blatant exploits, as well as prevent this from happening in the future. We'll also be taking appropriate measures very soon to punish anyone that we've discovered manipulating GTA Online in this manner (as we've stated previously, players who have received large sums of GTA$ but not engaged in any game manipulating through exploits can rest assured knowing they have nothing to fear). If you have been gifted a large sum of money or collected a large bounty, the money you've received will be removed once our upcoming fix is in place.

Furthermore, if you encounter someone that is taking advantage of exploits in your GTA Online session, you can alert us directly by using the in-game reporting functionality. In the Pause menu, under the Online tab, select Players and scroll to the offending player. From there, select Report and choose Exploits from the violation options. We appreciate the community's support and understanding as we work to address these issues and apologize for all inconvenience caused.

Thanks,
Rockstar Games

I'm gonna love to see the teeth nashing that's gonna happen once the money and stuff bought with said money dissappears.  That's gonna be some high quality rage there.  Might clean out Online and make it playable though.

Aww fuck...

So I am installing the game and one of the first things I see is a dude who looks like either Violent J or Shaggy 2 Dope

I don't know if I can ever figure that. I might have to sell this back and eat the loss of money.

Fucking Juggalos

I play with this gang of 4-5 players every night and it's been fun so far, but everybody's gotta be a bitch about everything.

We start playing a Deathmatch, and no one's told me were just gonna dick around or whatever, I thought the objective is to kill or be killed. I thought we were gonna go after each other full-bore and try to win. I think in retrospect that I was wrong, but that was the impression I was under at the time. 

So it's a Deathmatch where there's a couple of jets, a couple of helicopters and three tanks. I can't fly a jet at all and can't fly a helicopter very well, so I think "tank." So I run over, grab a tank, and one person manages to get a jet off the ground while the other two have their thumbs up their asses. So I start taking out my threats before they can get to them. I blow up the other,jet, the two helicopters and the two tanks. Nobody has heavy weapons except me and the guy with the jet, and he soon crashes.

I started killing a couple of them right when they were spawning for a laugh, and they got hurt about it. I admitted it was a dick move, and I apologized. It was, I was just goofing around. That was asshole behavior. And I apologized, several times.

But one of them was incredibly butthurt that I blew up the rest of the jets and the helicopters and tanks. I'm like, "OK, I thought the objective here was to win. So I can either take out the stuff you're gonna try to blow me up with (and win if you do), or I can prevent this from happening and up my chances of winning." God, to me, it sounds like the biggest no-brainer ever. Why wouldn't you do this if you're trying to win the fucking thing?

Dude called it "a glitch." I'm like, "no, that's the design of the deathmatch. If we had done a deathmatch with just us and guns, you'd probably be dominating me."  

I apologized for the thing I was wrong about, repeatedly, but if it isn't plainly obvious to dude that he's wrong about not taking out the other stuff, he's insane. If the objective is to win, even among online playmates, you do what you have to do to win. We should all have a laugh about it afterward. I'd do the exact same thing if the Deathmatch was full of you fuckers and we were trying to win, and I'd expect you to try to do the same to me.