DVDVR Message Board

Grand Theft Auto V Talk.

Okay, so here's a question.  I'm at Level 30 and I was in a firefight with a guy who was at level 132.     I was literally headshotting him repeatedly with a machine gun and doing zero damage to him.   But he kills me with 1 shot.  

I know he isn't on passive mode since he can't shoot me if he's on passive.  Do you get some super max health/armor when you get to a certain level?

Your health does get better and you get better armor and you shoot better, have better guns, etc. This could very well be some kind of hack, though, 'cause I usually don't kill lower-level people in one shot (I'm somewhere around the 132 mark).

Was this happening often, or just one time?

Okay, so here's a question.  I'm at Level 30 and I was in a firefight with a guy who was at level 132.     I was literally headshotting him repeatedly with a machine gun and doing zero damage to him.   But he kills me with 1 shot.  

I know he isn't on passive mode since he can't shoot me if he's on passive.  Do you get some super max health/armor when you get to a certain level?

Your health does get better and you get better armor and you shoot better, have better guns, etc. This could very well be some kind of hack, though, 'cause I usually don't kill lower-level people in one shot (I'm somewhere around the 132 mark).

This is the first time it's ever happened to me, but his 10-0 kills on me told me to gtfo for the night.    On the plus side, I tuned in right at the beginning of the Shield - Cena/Punk/Langston match. 

This is the first time it's ever happened to me, but his 10-0 kills on me told me to gtfo for the night.    On the plus side, I tuned in right at the beginning of the Shield - Cena/Punk/Langston match. 

Like I said, I'm at level 130 something and I'm only now getting to the point where I can stay competitive with people in Freemode if they don't have a tank or other crazy weaponry. I have to get better at throwing sticky bombs out of the car - that's the big hole in my game. I usually get shot/blown up by the other players 75 percent of the time, but it's the 25 that keeps me going. Last night was the first night I was able to just own somebody all over the map, and he was the same level as me.  

Sometimes if you are taking an assbeating but don't necessarily wanna disengage, go somewhere and do something else for a while, then come back and give it another go. I usually will try to call in mercenaries (can you even do that yet?) to add some chaos to the situation.

Fun fact: When another player hides their blip on the map and shoots you, they're cowards. When you hide your blip on the map and shoot another player, it's smart strategy.

I was in a Deathmatch with two Hackers. It sucked. They spent the whole time arguing over who the better hacker* was, and one was being obscenely racist about it. Boasting about burning crosses and how there's ahanging tree outside his town hall and the council won't cut it down because of the local pride in the tradition of hanging N-Words. He said he was from Oregon. Which I had thought was the home of the beardy liberal, but I suppose states are big, diverse things.

I came third in the Deathmatch. So if you discount the two invulnerable guys, I won.

Now I'm a Billionaire twice over, I bought all the clothes in the game. No reason. I didn't get round to buying all the planes or boats yet, though.

* Which is like boasting about winning a Tiny Penis contest.

I was in a Deathmatch with two Hackers. It sucked. They spent the whole time arguing over who the better hacker* was, and one was being obscenely racist about it. Boasting about burning crosses and how there's ahanging tree outside his town hall and the council won't cut it down because of the local pride in the tradition of hanging N-Words. He said he was from Oregon. Which I had thought was the home of the beardy liberal, but I suppose states are big, diverse things.

I came third in the Deathmatch. So if you discount the two invulnerable guys, I won.

Now I'm a Billionaire twice over, I bought all the clothes in the game. No reason. I didn't get round to buying all the planes or boats yet, though.

* Which is like boasting about winning a Tiny Penis contest.

What the hell do the burning crosses have to do with hacking?

Sandy Shores is covered with snow. We wound up there at some point last night and I had no idea we were there.

I'm obsessed with taking pictures of the topless girls at Richman Mansion. It was snowing, they're topless, and I love the absolutely bored-to-death looks on their faces.

I ran into one of those invincible guys last night. I must've shot him at least 25 times from point-blank range as his health bar never moved while he stood there flipping me off. Disengage.

I also tried to drive a tank, to mixed results, to take on another guy with a tank. We wound up next to each other just blasting each other back and forth, but another player in a tank came up behind me and blew me up. 

I had to go out riding in the snow on one of my bicycles last night, and as I'm riding at one point, here comes a blip up on me hard from the opposite direction. I knew this was gonna happen, so I braced for the inevitable blowing up, and it turned out to be another player on a bike. We stopped for a sec, then he moved on. I tried challenging him to a race, but he didn't bite.

Just like real life

Snow: pretty to look at, pain in the ass to drive in.

I crashed twice in my stolen car for simeon and had to go back to the mod shop for repairs.

In story mode, finally back in town for michael to do the Epsilon arc.

So is it a glitch or do you really just need to win 50 races, period to chrome shit? I haven't won 50 in each class and now I have a chrome grarage

It would have to be 50 races, period. I used to race all the time and I know there's no way I've even done 50 compact class races, much less won 50. Same with SUVs, and I can chrome cars.

I'm obsessed with taking pictures of the topless girls at Richman Mansion. It was snowing, they're topless, and I love the absolutely bored-to-death looks on their faces.

As a native Chicagoan for whom the absence of winter weather is a huge plus to living in California, I'm with you on this one:

0_0.jpg

driving in the snow...hahah, yeah when I first pulled out of the garage in a rwd truck I hit EVERYTHING on the street, mostly just having fun in the snow. 

When I got tired of that though, I pulled out the copy of what I actually drive around in real life. I've got a 4x4 truck parked in the garage with a turbo, sport tranny & engine mods. 

I never said it was an accurate copy. 

It's white, z71 off road package.  Yeah, I didn't have any trouble after that, actually climbed most of Mt. Chiliad till I got bored and got another bounty on me.  I think the next time I get a $2billion dollar bounty on me, I'm going to head for the military base and steal a jet.

I have roughly around ten missions left in the main story. I just finished the Lamar mission at the saw mill, which took a few tries to finally beat due to the chaos of all the enemies.

I will say that the last portion of this game feels like it tries too hard to tie up every loose end imaginable. It's as if the developers created all of these pretty set pieces and realized they should probably use them within the story.

Some people would find tying up loose ends as good storytelling?

And you guys don't know hell until you're doing a user created off-road race in the snow.

I normally do too, but there is a line where it can be too neat or go too far.

Granted, this game is a lot more ambitious because you're dealing with three characters that have individual as well as joined stories, so I will always appreciate the ambition.

Two GTA questions.

Do you have/do an auto save and manual one ala Red Dead Redemption and Saints Row: The Third?

What happens when you replay a mission? It doesn't rewrite your previous completed ones does it? Do you replay it and it puts you in a certain place afterwards?

When you replay a mission, if you get a higher award than the one you got the first time, you keep the award. But it then returns you to the place and time you were before you triggered the replay.

You do have a manual save and an auto save. The auto save is triggered pretty often, even after you buy stuff. There are supposedly more in mission checkpoints but I barely failed any missions since this is by far the easiest GTA game.

Yeah, theres an automsave during a mission so that if you die in part 3, you startover there and not the beginning.

I die a lot or fail missions, so it's very helpful.

I did the strangers mission with Josh and failed because i didnt realize you were only supposed to hit the guy in the comet once and then he gives up. I beat him until he died the first time. :(