DVDVR Message Board

Grand Theft Auto V Talk.

Saving Ryan's Privates was more fun last night. Also winning that capture game.

I was getting viscerally angry during the capture game. Its like i was wile e coyote, in terms of plans falling AND falling down cliffs.

Oh yeah - it's all coming back to me now

Fucking tiny ass instruction boxes popping up telling me controls as I am trying to escape the cops. Like I can fucking read any of that shit.

For some reason, I was hearing meatloaf's "I would do anything for love" song while picturing this sequence of RIPPA evading the cops....

Also, yes, I've purchased the crew emblem again, but still isn't appearing on my stuff.

Is there a certain point where all the "collectibles" become available?

I have done about 4 or 5 missions so far (the last one being Chop) and it all my random driving around exploring/looking for shit - I haven't come across anything yet so I was wondering if I have to hit a certain point in the game before I start getting them.

Or it could be I just haven't dont anything yet.

Well except wasting too much time watching that fucking Loneliest Robot Movie.

I finally finished the main story with about 67% completion. I obviously chose option 'C.' I doubt I go for 100%, but I might goof around with some of the side missions.

I held off on the Assassination missions for Lester, so I could invest the money made from the final score in stocks.

I will say that I made the final mission more difficult than it should have been.

I alerted Cheng and had to kill him from my motorcycle, which was a lengthy chase. Also, taking out Haynes with a clear head shot was a bit frustrating.

I don't think this is worth putting in Spoiler tags, but that final credits sequence takes an eternity (I gauged somewhere around 45 minutes)

I have done about 4 or 5 missions so far (the last one being Chop) and it all my random driving around exploring/looking for shit - I haven't come across anything yet so I was wondering if I have to hit a certain point in the game before I start getting them.

I believe you can find things before being told about them. I found something really early in the game totaly by accident running around in the mountains.

The collectibles are pretty well hidden.  It gets a bit easier in a couple missions when Chop comes to live with Franklin and you can take him out, since Chop's real purpose is to hunt down the collectibles.

And do the random shit that pops up (the blue/red/alternating dots that randomly appear while you're moving).  Most of the time, it ends up adding potential crewmembers which gives you a better selection when you start setting up heists. 

Yeah - I have only had one "random encounter" happen so far and I got the purse back to the lady who had it jacked from her. That took way longer than it should have because I stupidly tried to chase the dude down on foot.

That also reminds me - so I did the online tutorial last night and was amused that in the Death Match one - the guy I was paired up with spent like two minutes running to find a vehicle to try and run me over. He gets a cement mixer and comes to ram me but instead drives it right into a parked car. I just shot him through the windshield and called it a day.

I know that sadly - regular death matches wont be that simple

That also reminds me - so I did the online tutorial last night and was amused that in the Death Match one - the guy I was paired up with spent like two minutes running to find a vehicle to try and run me over. He gets a cement mixer and comes to ram me but instead drives it right into a parked car. I just shot him through the windshield and called it a day.

That's so oddly satisfying, when someone goes through a lot of trouble to try to kill you and you just snuff them out quickly.

Wait until you build in level, someone tries to kill you unprovoked and you proceed to follow them around the map killing them over and over like something from a slasher movie. It's especially sweet if you get to blow up one of their personal vehicles. Of course it really sucks when you're the one getting slapped around, but oh well.

• Like 1

It's almost depressing how easily some people fall for stuff. I was on top of the Los Santos Customs in the middle of the city, when a dude I'd killed made his way over towards me. I put a sticky bomb at the top of the ladder. He climbs the ladder: Boom.

Like one minute later, he comes back the same way. I put another sticky bomb at the top of the ladder, but instead of climbing up, he just stands there. I move to the other side of the roof, looking my character in another direction but rotating the view with the right stick so I can see the ladder. He climbs the ladder: Boom.

Don't even get me started on the people who go on passive and try to wait for you to stop paying attention to them in the hopes that they can go off passive and shoot you in the back.

We did the race on top of the bank again last night.

Loads of stupid fun.

Dragon and i managed to simultaneous kill each other. He shot me at same time i hit him w my cycle.

I also planted a row of sticky bombs and denotated them when every crossed.

I felt like Dick Dastardly.

• Like 1

My favorite move in GTA online is stealing a car, placing a sticky bomb on it, and driving it into other player's personal cars, it's even better if they have someone riding with them. ( I don't have the remote detonation unlocked for my cars yet)

I call it "going all Jihad on their punkbitch asses"