DVDVR Message Board

Grand Theft Auto V Talk.

Again, this would require you to get a 360 and for me not create an Invite Only room.

I'd invite him!

But who would invite both of you back into the Invite Only room after I nuke the session? :)

CulombianRoast is Dolfan in NYC. Odessa = metatext.

Wait... isn't there a guy named metatext on this board? This shit baffles me.

Again, this would require you to get a 360 and for me not create an Invite Only room.

I'd invite him!

Mods, pls ban.

I'm reporting this post.

This is why the DVDVR crew could never hang with FSW. Invite only? Shameful.

Could never is debatable because if looking to get your wig split in Los Santos, I am your barber. 

Prefer not to is more in the ballpark.  Being griefed in game and in chat is not my idea of fun.  I'll do what I have to in order to our keep leisure time leisurely..  This is shit we do for fun.

Well, when the gimmick gets tired and you decide to be an actual dude and buy a 360, look us up.

• Like 1

I'd invite him!

Mods, pls ban.

I'm reporting this post.

This is why the DVDVR crew could never hang with FSW. Invite only? Shameful.

Well, when the gimmick gets tired and you decide to be an actual dude and buy a 360, look us up.

Buy a PS4 instead of an XBone and when GTA 6 is out, I'll be waiting.

My work has been dead, so I've been playing GTA Online for about... five or six hours now.

The main highlights being:

Someone shot me and then stole my pink ATV. I then bombed the sh*t out of them and killed them three-straight.

The guy who pulled up next to me on a motorcycle. He then started honking like crazy, so I decided to see where that could possibly go. I jumped on the back and he then drove us to a helicopter and flew to the top of a tower. He then started shooting, with a machine gun mind you, at people WAY down below. I should have seen the red flag there, but if his entire plan was to take me up to the top of a tower to shoot me in the back - then he certainly found the right mark for it. I killed him three-straight after that and considered it a victory.

Losing a 3-on-1 capture. Yes, we had three people. Though, I guess it should be mentioned that the team with one player originally had two. But, it wouldn't be a GTA update without a huge FAIL story.

So, I am buying a console I don't want to buy because the game I want to get most will probably come out on XBone first, so that I can have no fun whatsoever playing a game with a dude I've never met but have a horrible first impresssion of.

This does not sound like wisdom on my part.

So, I am buying a console I don't want to buy because the game I want to get most will probably come out on XBone first, so that I can have no fun whatsoever playing a game with a dude I've never met but have a horrible first impresssion of.

I don't understand this.

Not the bit about FSW being horrible, the part about GTA VI coming out on Xbone first.

Not the bit about FSW being horrible, the part about GTA VI coming out on Xbone first.

JT edited his post.

At first he specifically referenced Mass Effect 4 as likely to be a 6-month XBone exclusive.

So, I finally played Tennis, and beat Amanda 5-1.  Not bad once I got the hang of it.  Then I played golf.  First outing, -2.  Putting is what's fucking me up there.  That and I decided to skip through the holes and not play with the golf cart, which I need to do when I get time.

So, I finally played Tennis, and beat Amanda 5-1.  Not bad once I got the hang of it.  Then I played golf.  First outing, -2.  Putting is what's fucking me up there.  That and I decided to skip through the holes and not play with the golf cart, which I need to do when I get time.

The greens break weird on Hole 3 and Hole 7 because they are both uphill putts.   Every other green breaks somewhat evenly, so they are straight putts more or less..

You can drive to the green in a shot or two for Eagle putts on Hole 4 and Hole 8 if the wind is at your back.   Otherwise, drive for distance so that you get approach shots with an iron or wedges rather than normal shots with some other club.

Don't worry too much about landing in the rough.  You can switch to a higher iron to try to keep yourself on track, but it is obviously better to stay on the fairway. 

Going straight from hole to hole is perfectly fine.  Running to your shot increases your stamina and the actual sport activity increases your strength, so walking or running to your shot or using the golf cart is a waste of time, IMO, if building your Strength stat up is the goal.

If you are looking to use golf as a strength builder for Trevor or Michael, don't bother.  A couple of five-set Tennis epics will max Strength out for both of them and it is pretty easy to beat the console in three straight sets out of five.   If you want to max out Franklin's strength, then golf, darts, or melee combat are your only options for now.

So, I am buying a console I don't want to buy because the game I want to get most will probably come out on XBone first, so that I can have no fun whatsoever playing a game with a dude I've never met but have a horrible first impresssion of.

Shameful.

Ok, 3 and 7 are where I had the most trouble and bogeyed.  Everything else I hit par or birdie while I'm getting the motion down.  I was never good with flick timing.

Although I wish I figured out before the 4th hold that I didn't have to hold the stick back on the backswing.

Ok, 3 and 7 are where I had the most trouble and bogeyed. Everything else I hit par or birdie while I'm getting the motion down. I was never good with flick timing.

Although I wish I figured out before the 4th hold that I didn't have to hold the stick back on the backswing.

There's a reason we call it Hated Hole 7.

Watching the wind, especially on approach shots, is vitally important.

Shameful.

This is where the "I'm actually a good person in real life!" part starts, I guess.  You just sold me an Xbox One.

Aaaaanyway, I am eating dinner right now and flipping though the FearNET queue on Xfinity.

I should be back online around 8PM EST.  The CG has already called for a 2 hour delay for tomorrow opening, so I may stay on later than usual tonight.  Rippa and I may play ME3 a bit before he cashes in, and then we can pull these jobs and make a little money.  No one gets hurt if they don't act funny.

If we have four guys, I want to pull off Lester's Parking Garage job.  If there are more and I get Judging the Jury, maybe we give that a go.

Well, we hit the Mob for Lester and acquired some structural blueprints and fucked over the Lost yet again in a ridiculously well coordinated attack.  My homegirl, Moongirl, must've been a fucking Knieval in a former life.  She can really handle a motorcycle.

The holy grail of stealing a Cargobob from Fort Zancudo evaded us.  We will try that mission again someday... Oh, yes we will.

• Like 1

We had to steal one to swipe a weapon shipment bound for Central Africa on orders from Lester but yeah, I am also 0-2 for Base Invaders.  Fucking Ron and his goddamned Cuban that he needs back in once piece... 

One day, we will try that one again, too.

I just watched the trailer for the FX show, Chozen, again while watching Old School RAW and the track at the end brought back memories of the Golden Days of Hip Hop.  

I wish I had FRAPS on my 360.  I would collect screens of our crazy shit, make a YouTube vid and set it to Ante Up by MOP.

I have my own crew so we mostly just hunt bounties and get into grudge matches with said bounties. I would love to hunt the 360 crew.

You have your own crew? You don't even represent The Best Goddamn Message Board on the Internet~! while playing GTA 5 Online despite the fact that you post here 2,503 times a day? And to think I'm actually a fan of yours, C.M. Punk. Shameful.

Me, I'm DVDVR for life, baby. And by that, I mean until some 12-year-old snipes me. And then I respawn and get sniped again.

Oh, and bicycle races aren't as much fun as going to Richman and stealing the $10,000 bicycles from the riders there by running them over. Feel free to shout "TAKE THAT, LANCE ARMSTRONG!" for proper effect. 

EDIT: See, a story of the most awesome crew ever in action: I keep forgetting to put on passive mode while in an AmmuNation and some asshole comes along and shoots me while I'm in the store. So I respawn, kill him, he blows up my car, it's on. We generally more or less trade killings (he has the edge on me probably 6-4) and he gets bitchy and grabs a tank for some reason. I throw it in passive mode, manage to get out of Dodge, get my tank and blow up his tank.

So we're back to square one. I'm gettin' kicked around, as per usual, when the Glass Breaks. And when you hear the glass, that's your ass.

"By Gawd, here comes Melraz09! He's not exactly evenin' the odds, but fuck it, this other guy's a douche!" Jim Ross probably wouldn't say it that exact way, but you get the point. We proceeded to rough him up a little, which was awesome. He was so preoccupied with Melraz kicking his ass that I sniped him on more than one occasion right in the back of the head while he just stood there. I learned a lot about fighting with other players just by watching Melraz. Fantastic stuff.

I just now read through old posts and figured out he isn't a poster, but a friend of RUkered. Be sure to thank him for me next time you get a chance and tell him I'm naming my firstborn "Melraz" in his honor.

It just makes things more fun to see that green dot on the screen and think "jeez, an ally among these savages." 

• Like 2

You guys are so dull at this game. Missions. Who the fuck does missions any more?

How would you know what people do? You're never on. Even Gonzalez has been on more than you, and I've not seen him since like October.

(reads more of the thread) You're not crew. That's it, someone change his name to Fat English Traitor. He definately deserves it now.

• Like 1