DVDVR Message Board

Grand Theft Auto V Talk.

So, AxB created a deathmatch in that park on the east end of the city with the skate park and the soccer pitch and such. I played it with him, and it was ok, though this was 1v1 and Ax says it was really intended as more of a big melee type of DM. Anyway, a fight I had with a guy in the area spilled into that park. I'd been doing better than he was in there (about 3/5 kills were me) but once it got into that section where I knew the angles from fighting Ax, it just turned into a slaughter.

After a dozen or so unanswered kills, he goes on passive, runs up to me and gives me the finger, which I find hilarious cuz I do that sort of thing to tanks, so basically I'm a tank compared to this guy. I stand there not moving, holding a sniper rifle for a while, and he goes off passive. I switch to shotgun, boom.

He goes back on passive, runs up to me and gives me the finger some more. I hit start and look at the map. Predictably, he falls for it, goes off passive, I back out of the pause menu before his 10 seconds are up, boom.

He comes back, gives me the finger some more, then runs off a bit and calls for a vehicle. He gets in the vehicle, I shoot him, then blow the vehicle up. By the time he's respawned, I'm standing on the wreckage of his vehicle, giving him the finger. He sends a message "no life" I send back "lol qq", and I move off a bit, going on pause.

My computer monitor's right next to the TV I'm on, so I hit start again, and I'm checking my email while looking back. Sure enough, after about 30 seconds of this, he goes off passive. Boom. He leaves after that one.

• Like 1

As we often say while accidentally blowing each other up or shooting each other in the heat of battle, "it's all good."

I felt sorry for Ffunguli for having to put up with my GTA buddies Boba and Turtle. I truly do apologize if they were causing you trouble. They both crack me up in their own ways. Boba curses like a sailor and Turtle's 13.

When I started playing this game, I had three Xbox friends. I think I have at least 20 now. One of my favorite parts of this has been making friends with completely random people. I'd love to get the crew and my gang of random yayhoos I met through Boba together one night and roll up 12-1 on some deserving moron.

There were three of us and three random players in a mission tonight when one of the random players blew up everybody's personal vehicles and then killed another guy a couple of times. Everyone else is trying to do the mission (which I think we ended up completing) while I'm on the Internet Googling "how to kick player out of mission GTA 5 online." I finally figured it out and we booted him. I wanted to try to find him in Freemode and stick a foot up his ass, but we kept doing missions. Good night for making money we don't need (yet).

I am the king of destroying my chances at winning a race in the last seconds.

I unlocked Triathlons so I did one and I was in the lead until I crashed into a pole during the bike portion. I managed to catchup and finish 2nd which surprised me because I thought I was going to have a heart attack just watching Michael.

Then I was doing one of the street races and I clear the last checkpoint and have nothing but the checkered flag in front of me - I crest a hill and some fucker pulls out right into the middle of the intersection. At least it took at the entire pack and not just me but by the time I recovered I was in 4th.

As we often say while accidentally blowing each other up or shooting each other in the heat of battle, "it's all good."

I felt sorry for Ffunguli for having to put up with my GTA buddies Boba and Turtle. I truly do apologize if they were causing you trouble. They both crack me up in their own ways. Boba curses like a sailor and Turtle's 13.

When I started playing this game, I had three Xbox friends. I think I have at least 20 now. One of my favorite parts of this has been making friends with completely random people. I'd love to get the crew and my gang of random yayhoos I met through Boba together one night and roll up 12-1 on some deserving moron.

There were three of us and three random players in a mission tonight when one of the random players blew up everybody's personal vehicles and then killed another guy a couple of times. Everyone else is trying to do the mission (which I think we ended up completing) while I'm on the Internet Googling "how to kick player out of mission GTA 5 online." I finally figured it out and we booted him. I wanted to try to find him in Freemode and stick a foot up his ass, but we kept doing missions. Good night for making money we don't need (yet).

Yeah, no problem at all.  I had a good time and we did a hot of missions.  I need the RP.  Turtle's voice makes him sound like he's about 5, which threw me off at first.  I had to mute because Boba was cracking me up during the Titan landing. 

I had loaded up my car with sticky bombs, and was all set to be a GTA suicide bomber on that fool that blew up our vehicles till you figured out how to kick him.

Turtle's voice makes him sound like he's about 5, which threw me off at first.  

After you and Boba left, Turtle started asking me all kinds of questions about marriage and divorce and girls and whatnot. He said he has an older brother, but hardly gets to see him, so I guess he was "older brothering" me. It was kinda touchingly weird. 

He was asking stuff like "what do I do if I get in high school and I've got a girlfriend and she starts smoking pot and I don't want her to?" "Then leave, you didn't marry her, you're under no legal contract. If you want to, tell her to quit or you're leaving, and if she doesn't, leave."

One great sequence:

Turtle: "How old are you?"

Me: "45."

"Are you married?"

"No."

"Do you have a girlfriend?"

"No."

"Do you have a life?"

"No."

He was asking stuff like "what do I do if I get in high school and I've got a girlfriend and she starts smoking pot and I don't want her to?" "Then leave, you didn't marry her, you're under no legal contract. If you want to, tell her to quit or you're leaving, and if she doesn't, leave."

One great sequence:

Turtle: "How old are you?"

Me: "45."

"Are you married?"

"No."

"Do you have a girlfriend?"

"No."

"Do you have a life?"

"No."

I've tried to take Michael to the mountain for yoga twice in the few days. First time I drove a car up the mountain in amazing fashion, got out to go to the spot and was immediately attacked by a mountain lion/bobcat/whatever the hell that kills you quick. Second time I took a cab and the driver dropped me off at the base and I walked to the top only to be attacked by same styled creature. Was not able to fire off a shot.

Found a floating boulder on the mountain. Took a cell phone shot of the floater in case it was important.

I've tried to take Michael to the mountain for yoga twice in the few days. First time I drove a car up the mountain in amazing fashion, got out to go to the spot and was immediately attacked by a mountain lion/bobcat/whatever the hell that kills you quick. Second time I took a cab and the driver dropped me off at the base and I walked to the top only to be attacked by same styled creature. Was not able to fire off a shot.

Found a floating boulder on the mountain. Took a cell phone shot of the floater in case it was important.

That happened to me too. First time i was walking up unarmed. Second time i was ready and shot it.

Turtle's voice makes him sound like he's about 5, which threw me off at first.  

After you and Boba left, Turtle started asking me all kinds of questions about marriage and divorce and girls and whatnot. He said he has an older brother, but hardly gets to see him, so I guess he was "older brothering" me. It was kinda touchingly weird. 

Yeah, I already have a kid.  I try to be as mentoring as possible to some of the gamer kids I run across online and I have adopted my share of XBox orphans over the years, but I try to remind them that I'm really not their father and if they have serious life questions they really should talk to their folks.

The adults are far worse than the children, though.

After last night, I'm ready to register for Dr. Misanthrope's Sticky Bombs 101.

I'm cruising along, minding my own business when another player comes up to me and chucks a sticky bomb at me. I try to run, but he blows me up. I then start giving chase. I get out of the car, get behind it and try to shoot him as he's coming at me in his car. He chucks another sticky bomb at me and blows me up again.

Then for some reason he gets a tank and blows me up, even though he's been owning me the entire time with no hope of me striking back. So I get a tank, blow him up a few times, then when the tank gets blown up, jam it in passive mode and stand on top of a fire truck as he tries to sticky bomb me again. Right as he's ramming the truck to knock me off so he can run over me, I leave the game. That's what counted for a victory last night.

I gotta learn how to better defend against sticky bombs and use them as a weapon, 'cause if I go against someone who knows how to use them, I'm screwed. 

I like listening in on the game's main room chat, but I had to get out this afternoon 'cause there were about three guys using the n word every other word.

A few months ago, one kid used the n word in a chat and everyone else in the room started berating him. "You toss that word around too freely, you're gonna get your ass kicked." "You're too young to use that word." "Lemme guess, you're from the suburbs." 

1.09 patch notes from Rockstar: http://bit.ly/1dcohdq

Wonder if they're gonna take away our hard-stolen money or if they just said "screw it."

I'd like to see them fix the barbershop glitch and get rid of the purchasable heavy weaponry (tank, jet, helicopter). It's nowhere near fair to players who have came along since the money glitch was fixed. I've been trying to set up players I run into who missed the money glitch by modding cars to the max and letting them keep them or sell  them. $100,000 doesn't seem like much to the idle rich, but to some of the newer players, it's a lot.

Or if they're gonna keep the tanks, etc., better arm the police to take people down. Give the police a tank. Give them jets and helicopters with missiles.

Armed jets (e.g. the fighter) aren't purchasable. You can only steal those from the fort.

Tanks just need to be nerfed. Takes way too many rockets to kill them.

The last thing I want is the police better armed. They're irritating enough when you just want to have a big melee in freemode.

In my scenario, the police would only have a tank to fight a player with a tank. I agree the police presence is way too much when trying to have a freemode melee. I thought they did a good job of taming what used to be the constant police response to someone driving around with a stolen car.

Getting rid of running over people/blowing up cars while someone's in passive mode would help with the tank problem, too. Would create a scenario where it'd be much easier for players to get on top of buildings, then turn off passive mode, which makes it easier to grief snipe players. Maybe get rid of the running over/blowing up only when a tank is involved.