DVDVR Message Board

Grand Theft Auto V Talk.

That's it, I'm getting my personal vehicle modded with explosives now.

Do not blow yourself up.  Dead fingers cannot pull triggers..  The crew needs you alive and beserk, not dead and inert.

Speaking of blowing yourself up, has anyone here ever successfully used a remote bomb or an ignition bomb against another player?  Whenever I watch WEAZEL when I am on a public server, I see most people on foot, using their own POV's, or rampaging in tanks. 

Does the vehicle bomb trap ever work?  I would think not.

I've never seen it actually work.

I had some random try it on me during the mission where you interrupt a deal out by the ocean and use the cargobob to airlift a container for Martin.  I decided to go get in my car after the helicopter took off.  The personal vehicles were all parked together, and somebody must've thought I was going for theirs. 

I was all set to try a variation during the Titan mission last weekend, after somebody blew up all the personal vehicles right at the start.  I loaded up the car I jacked with sticky bombs and was about to try suicide bombing the jackass when jstout figured out how to kick him from the mission.  I'm almost disappointed I didn't get to try it out.

That's it, I'm getting my personal vehicle modded with explosives now.

Do not blow yourself up. Dead fingers cannot pull triggers.. The crew needs you alive and beserk, not dead and inert.

Speaking of blowing yourself up, has anyone here ever successfully used a remote bomb or an ignition bomb against another player? Whenever I watch WEAZEL when I am on a public server, I see most people on foot, using their own POV's, or rampaging in tanks.

Does the vehicle bomb trap ever work? I would think not.

Just because you said you need me and my heart swelled 3 sizes, I won't.

• Like 1

Who the devil is HockeyShotST? Just got done playing with (I assume) him and he shot me one too many times for it to be unintentional. I was coming up to him with the purpose of giving him one more chance before there was gonna be crew-on-crew violence, but he left.

I dunno why I have to point this out, but c'mon, no intentional crew-on-crew violence in Freemode. Things are already too tough on the big city streets. We're a team here, like the Assassins. I get to be the Jody Hamilton, since I have the body shape for the role.

Some of my favorite moments are Fresh going "IM GOING IN" and then 30 seconds later "Oh Crap. I'm Gonna Die!"

The "I'M GOING IN" part is supposed to be a clue to mean "I'M GOING IN, YOU GUYS SHOULD ALSO SO I DON'T LEAVE MY BALLS TWISTING IN THE WIND TO BE LITTERED WITH BULLETS ALL BY MYSELF". But that's ok.

That was quite a nice little session. Killed someone called TheMadScouseMan with crew tag YNWA over and over again just in case. Sadly, no. When I finally heard his voice complaining about me, he didn't sound the least bit Canadian. Ruled the roost from the top of Los Santos Customs for a while before getting into it with someone who killed me as I was driving by. After beating him 7-4 and getting the 8th kill off of laying a couple of sticky bombs at the top of the subway station he'd gone into, I headed back to my apartment, only to find that some idiots were screwing around with the garage door so I couldn't drive my car in. Naturally I killed them, and took cover by the front door (which is a really great spot. Very protected but with excellent sight-lines) killing about 15 straight before they all finally left.

What your crewmates are hearing, however is "I HAVE THE PATIENCE AND STRATEGIC NOUS OF A HYPERACTIVE LEMUR WITH ADD SO I AM GOING TO FOLLOW THE BUZZARDS NOW"

Every damn mission these guys take 10 minutes to decide who's car to take like an old married couple and I'm already there starting the Twisted Metal mayhem by then. It's pretty gnarly.

Tooling around in a smoking cargobob with xThundercats (I think, my memory sucks) when I see a player's jet near us. I immediately think "this isn't gonna end well at all," and five seconds later, I hear the beep, the jet's locked in and we're dead. If we'd had headsets on, I would've encouraged jumping as soon as I saw the jet. Should've at least tried to send a message.

So I respawn, and I'm looking around to see if anyone's around me and whether I can try to do something about the jet, and I start looking for my downed crewmate. I check the map, and he had said "screw this" and taken a job somewhere. Couldn't say I blamed him at all. The phrase I wind up saying 2,000 times a session: "This is why we can't have nice things." I'm like everyone's dad in the main chat room. "If someone tries to kill you first, and someone will, beat them to a pulp. Kill repeatedly. Otherwise, don't kill people who haven't done anything to you." I'm talking to the wall, though.

Did anyone else run around before the downtime trying to do something with your extra money in case they let us keep our possessions like our cars? I figured it couldn't hurt. I made sure everything was well-modded. 

Some of my favorite moments are Fresh going "IM GOING IN" and then 30 seconds later "Oh Crap. I'm Gonna Die!"

The "I'M GOING IN" part is supposed to be a clue to mean "I'M GOING IN, YOU GUYS SHOULD ALSO SO I DON'T LEAVE MY BALLS TWISTING IN THE WIND TO BE LITTERED WITH BULLETS ALL BY MYSELF". But that's ok.

One day I am going to sit down with you and Mark and we will all discuss the virtues of seeking hard cover. ;)

What your crewmates are hearing, however is "I HAVE THE PATIENCE AND STRATEGIC NOUS OF A HYPERACTIVE LEMUR WITH ADD SO I AM GOING TO FOLLOW THE BUZZARDS NOW"

Every damn mission these guys take 10 minutes to decide who's car to take like an old married couple and I'm already there starting the Twisted Metal mayhem by then. It's pretty gnarly.

STICK TO THE PLAN, LEEROY~!

Did anyone else run around before the downtime trying to do something with your extra money in case they let us keep our possessions like our cars? I figured it couldn't hurt. I made sure everything was well-modded. 

I played golf with a girl on the West Coast with the Live handle, LusciouslyPink. Or at least the person I talked to on the open channel sounded like a female. 

I would like to believe that she is actually hot (or that she is actually a she), but I am nowhere near lucky enough for that to be true.

Who the devil is HockeyShotST? Just got done playing with (I assume) him and he shot me one too many times for it to be unintentional. I was coming up to him with the purpose of giving him one more chance before there was gonna be crew-on-crew violence, but he left.

He is one of us?  Sometimes you have to put one of your own up against the wall to set an example for the others.

I am a sub-capo in the Crew, so if he keeps it up, I can boot him.

Mark and Fresh have had issues with Assisted Aim in the past, so I'll give this guy a pass for now.

That was quite a nice little session. Killed someone called TheMadScouseMan with crew tag YNWA over and over again just in case.

I played golf with three guys with the crew tag, YOLO, on Monday before we set it off in closed session.  The YOLO dudes all quit like bitches when I nearly got a Hole In One on Three.

Then one of them challenged me to a Tennis match.  Why?  So you can pussy out again when I am up five games to two in the first set?

I think I would target dudes with a meme gang tag with extreme predjudice during a deathmatch.

And the money's all gone.

They basically took a few of the zeros off of my bank account, and now I'm down to $186K. 

Guess I'll have to start becoming a better shooter now - bullets aren't cheap.

Glad I bought all of the guns, attachments and ammo my rank would allow me to.

I did a Survival, which was really weird. My normal strategy is to lead-thumb a machine gun until everyone is dead. Now, I'm waiting until someone is in my range before I even consider touching the trigger. I also picked up a gun, instead of using my own, and I made the 100 rounds it came with last for six waves - I was still at the top of the leader board every round too. My partners were useless with multiple helicopters, so we only made it seven rounds, but that was $8,400 with basically no out-of-pocket cost to me.

I'm going to keep doing stuff like that until I can build up a comfortable bank account again. I am really glad that I bought all of the planes and boats I did. I seem to randomly get dropped into that Lester rooftop mission repeatedly, which is impossible to do without a helicopter.

Truthfully, I want to say that I should have a lot more cash than what RockStar left me with (I was at $80K before I got all of that money nearly a month ago), but being allowed to keep all of the guns, cars and the apartment is a fair trade-off. I'm sure the 12-year-olds will be flipping their sh*t when they realize all of their cash is gone.

I checked my Social Club account and I still have the $700K I made legit.  Crime still pays.

Speaking of which, after weeks of goofing off, I finally pushed on with the Merryweather Heist.

Shit.  Did not expect a zero sum deal.  Didn't even get to keep the fucking Cargobob. 

The dumped sub, however, seems to be a permanent fixture at the Sandy Shores Airfield.

Saw the Gold criteria and I have no fucking clue how people reach the target in the sub in under two minutes, because it pilots like a brick and the ocean drift does not help matters much.

I noticed that the crop duster now replaces the spawned dune buggy at the little cul-de-sac near the convenience store where Rampage 1 takes place, so now I have a free airplane for the Sandy Shores hangar even it if is a shitty one.  Time to complete some Knife Flights.

Now that I am done with that heist, I really should focus on finding all of those damned spaceship modules.

Wonder how they came up with the amount of money you could keep.  I logged in to check before I left for work, and they left me with 550K even.  I've made close to 10 million, but I've got no problem with that really.  I got to keep all the stuff I spent 80+ million to acquire, including all the ridiculous Pegasus stuff, so I'm definitely coming out ahead.  I still get to run over patriots with my dump truck.

Everybody will still have their tanks, but at least now blowing up personal cars will actually hurt.

During the "server maintenence" Rockstar probably pulled router logs and checked DNS IP's to see who logged onto what and who gave away and received ridiculous sums of in game currency.  If you've made ten mil legit then you should get to keep it.

I don't really approve of the money cheats, but punishing the recipients by taking away some items seems extreme.  Just pull the logs to see what the bank balance of players was before the huge windfall and return them to that amount.

I would consider taking Rhinos away, though, especially for players under Rank 100.  There is no way they purchased a tank, own other vehicles (including Buzzards), and have an expensive residence without cheating, IMO, unless they conducted a lot of microtransactions.

If it were me, I'd either take Rhinos off of the Warstock website or make them one and done items (ie. if it is destroyed, there is no calling Pegasus and replacing it for a small fee.  You'd have to buy a new one).  Rhinos are fine in deathmatches but they are ridiculously disruptive in normal free mode.  There is a reason why smart crews avoid regular play on public servers like the plague.