DVDVR Message Board

Grand Theft Auto V Talk.

Sunday night, me and Cristobal (and Havoc) were in session when the most annoying drunk 50 year old spawned in and WOULD NOT SHUT UP. And for some reason Havoc didn't kick him after the first race... and he said that me and Chris were intimidated by him, and that's why we wanted to kick him.

So we did a Deathmatch. He had one kill and six deaths when he quit. So probably not that intimidated then.

Some poor girl was trying to do the tutorial missions in a Freemode session with us. She inivted us to Cypress Flats LTS, and we actually went. Team balancing gave us two level 3s and a level 80ish, against Cristobal (150 at the time) Havoc (130) and me (135). We just used our Pistols to make it fair. It still wasn't.

Got my LSPD Tint on the Advanced Rifle as well as the Combat MG. Now I've got to just do Sniping or Shotgunning for a bit. Only just got 100 Heavy Sniper kills, thought I'd have more.

Some poor girl was trying to do the tutorial missions in a Freemode session with us. She inivted us to Cypress Flats LTS, and we actually went. Team balancing gave us two level 3s and a level 80ish, against Cristobal (150 at the time) Havoc (130) and me (135). We just used our Pistols to make it fair. It still wasn't.

You and I just got on a roof and watched. Havoc pistoled all three of them.

Still waiting for fix on flying skill.

Do you fly planes or just helicopters?  Mine wasn't going up either until I flew planes for a while via the Base Invaders mission.

I've flown copters and jets and even the cargobob and not had it go up.

Actually, the reason why I never get many Sniper kills is because by the time I've got my Heavy Sniper out, Cristobal and Havoc have already put a couple of big holes in everyone's heads.

Well that wasn't one of my prouder moments. Joined a random job with three others and got Los Santos Connection. It said "ambush the drug deal" so I drove over there and, forgetting this was the mission you needed to get in the vehicle for, promptly blew up the drug dealers with an RPG...including the vehicle we were supposed to take. Oops.

If the conditions are right, I can play this game all day (and sometimes do). There was an evening session with crew member Jones7986, who absolutely ran amok while I followed behind him like Chester follows Spike, saying "who are we gonna blow up now, Jones?" He made another of those perfect "STONE COLD! STONE COLD!" saves of me when I was getting my ass kicked.

Then there was the late evening session, where Melraz and I absolutely emptied a room. It started out with about 7 in it, then people would mess with us and get repeated boots up their asses until they decided to cut their losses. We absolutely Jason Voorhees'd some poor guy - he'd try to run, we'd follow. There was no escaping the crew.

Then an ultra late-night session that ended up with eight people on top of a huge water tower having one-on-one fistfights, last man standing.

Before that, we were trying to set up for demolition derby in the airplane hangar at the airport, but we never could shake our wanted levels long enough to keep the cops off us. If you take the dumpster ramp into the airport (where the planes and helicopters are), there's a big airplane hangar to the left that usually has a black jet in it. Drive the jet out, then run around the hangar in cars bashing into each other. No weapons allowed.

Also, somebody today took me around and was showing me all the weird UFO stuff that probably doesn't have anything to do with online and is part of the main game - the pictures and drawings on the side of the mountain, the weird map-like thing inside the building. He said it supposedly leads to a jetpack, but I dunno. One thing I read online says that's the use for the Space Docker in the game, to light up a message about the UFO. Fascinating.

There's no jetpack in the game. The UFO stuff is a very tiny part of single player, basically you come across a guy who asks you to search for the parts and that's about it.

There is an alien frozen in the river under the bridge you cross when Michael, Trevor, & Brad are fleeing the police in the Intro.  I know because I ran off of the fucking thing by accident and caught a glimpse of it before I got the Mission Failed screen for leaving the escape route.

Finished the Epsilon missions last night. How quickly can/will i spend that $2m?

Since you guys were playing ME3, i didnt bother waiting around, given i had magazine stuff to do.

Phil & I had work related rage that required immediate headshot gratification.

That $2.5 Mil will get burned with the first decent super car and property you buy.

Well that wasn't one of my prouder moments. Joined a random job with three others and got Los Santos Connection. It said "ambush the drug deal" so I drove over there and, forgetting this was the mission you needed to get in the vehicle for, promptly blew up the drug dealers with an RPG...including the vehicle we were supposed to take. Oops.

We have had our share of mishaps with that mission.  Much like the opening scene of TDK where the Joker's gang double crosses each other during the bank robbery, Mark and Fresh personally executed half of the members of our own team during the Ambush The Drug Deal part (which used up all of our Team Lives in record time.  Too much dependence on Assisted Aim. :lol: ) and then got themselves perished, leaving me to finish the mission on my own.

WHICH I DID~! 

During the final part of the shootout at the airport, I took the high ground to deal with the cartel guys in the hangar and then went outside to settle up with the attack chopper.  One sniper rifle bullet through the brain case of the pilot and I was flying the spare Buzzard to Madrazzo's to get my fucking payday.

Most people think you actually have to drive the vehicle you take the GPS coordinates from to the scrapyard, but you don't.  You just have to make sure the truck doesn't get blown up during your attack. .

Much to Fresh's glee, he found out that if you hit your enter / exit vehicle button when you are near the back of the Declasse Granger, you can ride along outside the SUV while holding onto the roof rails SWAT style.

Yeah - that was 20 minutes of watching JT on the most awkward first date ever (like when he went to amm-u-nation and all we saw was him and the dude behind the counter staring at each other for 3 minutes.

I literally got like 12K for dying at Fresh's hands 30 seconds into the match so it wasn't the worst waste of time but still

We have had our share of mishaps with that mission.  Much like the opening scene of TDK where the Joker's gang double crosses each other during the bank robbery, Mark and Fresh personally executed half of the members of our own team during the Ambush The Drug Deal part (which used up all of our Team Lives in record time.  Too much dependence on Assisted Aim. :lol: ) and then got themselves perished, leaving me to finish the mission on my own.

WHICH I DID~! 

During the final part of the shootout at the airport, I took the high ground to deal with the cartel guys in the hangar and then went outside to settle up with the attack chopper.  One sniper rifle bullet through the brain case of the pilot and I was flying the spare Buzzard to Madrazzo's to get my fucking payday.

Most people think you actually have to drive the vehicle you take the GPS coordinates from to the scrapyard, but you don't.  You just have to make sure the truck doesn't get blown up during your attack. .

Much to Fresh's glee, he found out that if you hit your enter / exit vehicle button when you are near the back of the Declasse Granger, you can ride along outside the SUV while holding onto the roof rails SWAT style.

I did that mission last week with Dolfan and somebody else from the crew, jstout or Novacain I think.  We got to the hanger ok, but it quickly became Dolfan on his own, with us reduced to shouting "behind you!"  when somebody tried to creep up on him.  He managed to pull it off.  The best part was his surprise when he realized he had done the last 10 minutes of the mission solo.

• Like 1

You'll know it when I slaughter you relentlessly for an hour, bubba.

Less talk, more action. PSN name: AxBloodTheory. I'm not hard to find.

Pretty sure everybody has done this at some point on some mission.  I did it with a grenade on a mission to steal arms for Martin a few days ago. 

That said, my new pet peeve is people that use buzzards on missions, where you have to collect something.  More often than not they end up taking out whatever you're supposed to collect with a well placed rocket.  Twice now I've failed the Titan mission because somebody blows up the tractor trailer with a rocket, making it impossible to get the titan out of the hanger.