DVDVR Message Board

Grand Theft Auto V Talk.

Actually, come see me in cheaters' jail - three people gifted me a total of $300 million playing tonight. Had no idea who they were. I was trying to spread the wealth to some friends of mine by stealing cars and modding them to absolute death, then giving them the cars so they could sell them for pennies on the dollar, which would still be a good chunk of change.

Just for funsies, I completely pimped out a station wagon, with chrome paint and all that jazz, and it still sucked. Very slow even with all the upgrades.

I'm going to GTA 5 Online hell.

• Like 1

I was given $150,000,000+ in one freemode on Friday. Spent a bit of it (having a second character helps) and got the Tank and the Buzzard and so on. Then I got given loads more millions last night. Plus being over level 120 and not needing any more RP to unlock stuff, and having all stats maxed... nothing to play for but Gun Tints now (200+ kills with the Combat MG, 100+ with the Advanced Rifle. Got to start doing more Deathmatches on Pistols only or something).

I know you won't need to because its quite obvious how far it has come, YouTube ANY video of GTA: San Andreas, which I fondly remember as one of the greatest games ever, and.. wow.

Seriously, it looks UNPLAYABLE.

I just got SA on my Android phone.  I haven't had the chance to play it much, but the controls work fine - though I have already played through the phone versions of GTAIII and VC so I am used to the touch controls.  They did go through and upscale the graphics - it looks good, especially on the Galaxy S4 screen.  They also added in in mission checkpoints and cloud saving.  I still forsee flight school and Zero being frustrating.

Anyway, open free romaing mode in online is totally broken now because every cunt has a tank.  They really need to have an option that you can spawn in a good sport or bad sport server.

The new capture missions suck if you don't have a full room.  Even worse is when there are an odd number of people, so one team will be able to dominate.  Are they even bothering to play test these?

I think I will try to get my guy to level 50, and then I'm done until some sort of substatial DLC comes out for either single player or online.

I will start off in a closed crew session.  Unfortunately usually no one from the crew or my friends list is on or they're busy so I will start doing quick jobs with random people.  After you are done with that you get dumped in a public server, which are pretty much intolerable to me now that the economy is totally broken.

I guess I'm just kind of bored with the game, which will happen after 100+ hours.

For me, id rather play either by myself or the dvdvr crew.

If no one is on, i just do thinks like parachuting or stealing stuff or 1-man missions.

Or i just go back to story mode. I still have a ways to go in that, as in my game, michael and trevor are still exiled by Martin.

I know you won't need to because its quite obvious how far it has come, YouTube ANY video of GTA: San Andreas, which I fondly remember as one of the greatest games ever, and.. wow.

Seriously, it looks UNPLAYABLE.

I just got SA on my Android phone.  I haven't had the chance to play it much, but the controls work fine - though I have already played through the phone versions of GTAIII and VC so I am used to the touch controls.  They did go through and upscale the graphics - it looks good, especially on the Galaxy S4 screen.  They also added in in mission checkpoints and cloud saving.  I still forsee flight school and Zero being frustrating.

Anyway, open free romaing mode in online is totally broken now because every cunt has a tank.  They really need to have an option that you can spawn in a good sport or bad sport server.

The new capture missions suck if you don't have a full room.  Even worse is when there are an odd number of people, so one team will be able to dominate.  Are they even bothering to play test these?

I think I will try to get my guy to level 50, and then I'm done until some sort of substatial DLC comes out for either single player or online.

The tanks annoy me to no effing end. Especially since they keep spawning me 50 feet from one with ABSOLUTELY NO CARS IN SIGHT!

I downgraded my apartment, and moved to the financial district. There was way too much riff raff up in the expensive area, which was annoying whenever I wanted to return a damaged vehicle up there and had to avoid getting shot by some stat-padder. The new spot I'm in is across the street from the insurance co, which is great because now my repaired cars just spawn right next to where I live and it's also pretty close to the police impound lot.

Having a lot of money has sort of taken the fun out of the game. It took me 20 hours to rack up $100K (a lot of that time was also spent upgrading fitness stats though), and there was a huge sense of pride that I was getting closer and closer to being able to afford an apartment and a bike. Now I've got three bikes; seven cars, all the clothes that I'll never wear and spend most of my days avoiding being shot at. I even did a mission with a low-level player and when we finished I was off hidden somewhere, to give him all of the mission money, and as I was in the pause menu the prick tracked me down and shot me!

No honor among thieves*.

*I'm talking to you, random player who SHOT AT ME WHILE I WAS WITH A *ahem* lady of the night

I'm officially a GTA billionaire, now, but at least I know I got my apartment, my guns, and most of my cars and mods from my own efforts, (which were admittedly before they nerfed the racing payouts, and included the half-mil of "stimulus".)

Reggie: Best way to avoid tanks is to go on passive mode and climb up somewhere you can't get run over or knocked off of with the turret. Then for good measure, hold select and move your action to "The Bird" or "Jerk" and select those to let the tank driver know what you think of them. Eventually the tanker will get bored and fuck off.

A few nights ago, I was playing with another high level friend, and two guys who had gotten caught in the random fight (and owned hard in the process) went away, one of them coming back in a tank. High-level friend said "Can you keep them distracted?" Me: "Oh yes." At which point I went on passive, switched my chat to everyone, and proceeded to talk more shit than I have since Usenet was still a thing people did. I went out into a field and used a telephone pole for cover, yelling out "Ole!" every time he tried and failed to run me over. Even with the 2nd guy in a car, they still weren't able to get a kill on me (in fact the tank ran over the car and killed that guy) before high-level friend returned in HIS tank and blew them both up.

• Like 2

For me, id rather play either by myself or the dvdvr crew.

If no one is on, i just do thinks like parachuting or stealing stuff or 1-man missions.

Or i just go back to story mode. I still have a ways to go in that, as in my game, michael and trevor are still exiled by Martin.

Playing by myself is something I've done plenty of (heh) because like I said, it's hard to find friends/crew to play with.  I fucking hate parachuting, I've robbed every store dozens of times, some of the 1 man missions are fun (Martin's are pretty good) but I've done them, and it's fucking ridiculous how low the payout is on a lot of jobs, not even worth the time/effort when all you get is basically enough money to restock the ammo you used. 

I beat single player a while ago.  I don't really feel like finding all the collectables, that's just boring as shit to me.

Like I said, I will go back when there is something substantial in the realm of DLC but either cheating to get millions or grinding to get thousands isn't appealing to me at all now.

I went out into a field and used a telephone pole for cover, yelling out "Ole!" every time he tried and failed to run me over.

It's been 10 solid minutes and I'm still dying at this. That is pure gold.

While I was busy posting the screenshots of my gifted money, somebody else hit me again. I'm up to 220 million now. I played a lot this past weekend and free mode is absolute anarchy. Bounties were popping up left and right with numbers so big I couldn't tell if it was millions or billions. Then some guy started trolling melraz09. He was damn near invincible. Melraz hit him with grenades, sticky bombs, and a whole host of stuff and the guy was just absorbing it like the T1000. Then he started putting those crazy bounties on another guy in his crew. I went over to try and help melraz out - you'd get a couple shots in on the guy and then he'd just vanish into thin air.

He leaves the session, and about 5 minutes later I get a voice message from him that says "I'm hosting a money lobby. Reply back if you want an invite."  No thanks, pal.

I submitted a ticket on Rockstar support letting them know it happened. I don't know yet whether that was a great or terrible idea. I read an official statement from them that said (paraphrasing) "you won't be put in the cheater's pool for gifted money - as long as you weren't glitching/hacking you'll be fine."  But then there are other posts of people whining that they got banned and they did nothing wrong. I'm assuming they're liars and trying not to get caught, but who knows.

Either way, if it all blows up then I'll be joining jstout in GTA jail because I gave into temptation and bought myself an Entity and fully modded it. Then I maxed out all my ammo in every weapon.

One last thing and I'll end this novel. Melraz and I decided on what is now my favorite method to deal with assholes in tanks (although now I think Cristobal's method is vastly superior). Get just out of sight of the tank. Take a car and cover it in sticky bombs. I don't know how many it takes to be effective, but I had at least 10-12 on there. Call Lester to go invisible, and then drive up to the tank calmly like you're an NPC. Goodbye, tank asshole.

Shit - one other thing I just remembered. Might be my proudest moment in the game yet.

Mel and I decided to just absolutely destroy the first person that kills us. Some guy finally sniped us both, so we're on him constantly. Mel is good at sniping, so he was getting most of the kills. I chase the guy down, but he goes into his garage. We get into cover near the door and I toss two sticky bombs on the ground - and we wait. Several minutes go by, and it's obvious the guy ain't coming out. I told Mel that he was probably in there looking at our white dots on the map. Then, he sets a $1,000 bounty on a random player. I'm like "Why in the hell is he putting bounties on other people?" Mel bets he's trying to lure us away from the door.

I tell Mel to drive me around the corner so it looks like we're leaving, and I've already got Lester's number up on my phone. I dive out of the car, go invisible, and go back to the garage. Sure enough, the bounty was his plan all along. He spawns outside of the garage so quickly that I miss him with the sticky bombs. But he drove right past me without a clue. Carbine rifle to the back, and he's dead once again.

He left the session after that one.

Shit - one other thing I just remembered. Might be my proudest moment in the game yet.

Mel and I decided to just absolutely destroy the first person that kills us. Some guy finally sniped us both, so we're on him constantly. Mel is good at sniping, so he was getting most of the kills. I chase the guy down, but he goes into his garage. We get into cover near the door and I toss two sticky bombs on the ground - and we wait. Several minutes go by, and it's obvious the guy ain't coming out. I told Mel that he was probably in there looking at our white dots on the map. Then, he sets a $1,000 bounty on a random player. I'm like "Why in the hell is he putting bounties on other people?" Mel bets he's trying to lure us away from the door.

I tell Mel to drive me around the corner so it looks like we're leaving, and I've already got Lester's number up on my phone. I dive out of the car, go invisible, and go back to the garage. Sure enough, the bounty was his plan all along. He spawns outside of the garage so quickly that I miss him with the sticky bombs. But he drove right past me without a clue. Carbine rifle to the back, and he's dead once again.

He left the session after that one.

I'm not so good with the stealth stuff, despite having a 100% stealth rating. I tend to wait for people that kill me at the impound lot (if they kill me when there are a bunch of cops around - then I know they'll eventually come looking for their car once they die). That's about as sneaky as I can get with a machine gun or a shotgun.

In fact, any time someone starts coming after me (my avatar must have a very punchable face) - I immediately pull up next to some cops if I drive by any. At the very least, if they start firing at me then I'll at least have some backup. I like to call this the "hiding from school bullies in the principal's office" strategy.

One last thing and I'll end this novel. Melraz and I decided on what is now my favorite method to deal with assholes in tanks (although now I think Cristobal's method is vastly superior). Get just out of sight of the tank. Take a car and cover it in sticky bombs. I don't know how many it takes to be effective, but I had at least 10-12 on there. Call Lester to go invisible, and then drive up to the tank calmly like you're an NPC. Goodbye, tank asshole.

I did something like that the other day. Two guys I'd gotten into it with (along with AxB and a buddy of ours) took a powder, so I got in a random car you rarely see PCs in (Imponte Ruiner), went off-radar, and drove casually up to the car they were in, threw a sticky bomb onto their car and blew them both up. Hearing one of them go "What the FUCK?" was immensely gratifying.

Either way, if it all blows up then I'll be joining jstout in GTA jail because I gave into temptation and bought myself an Entity and fully modded it. Then I maxed out all my ammo in every weapon.

"I wish I could tell you that RUkered fought the good fight, and the Sisters let him be. I wish I could tell you that - but prison is no fairy-tale world. He never said who did it, but we all knew. Things went on like that for a while - prison life consists of routine, and then more routine. Every so often, RUkered would show up with fresh bruises. The Sisters kept at him - sometimes he was able to fight 'em off, sometimes not. And that's how it went for RUkered - that was his routine."

• Like 1

It's gonna be a White Christmas in Los Santos...

http://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/article/52011/grand-theft-auto-online-holiday-gifts.html

actual_1387736986.jpg

Season's Greetings from Los Santos. Just in time for Christmas, please enjoy a bounty of Holiday Gifts that transform Grand Theft Auto Online into a West Coast winter wonderland.

SPECIAL SEASONAL ACCESSORIES THROUGH JAN 5th

Right now, you'll find special limited-time, holiday-themed items in the clothing shops and at Vespucci Movie Masks like Santa hats, Elf jackets and shoes, Snowman masks, Reindeer antlers and more. All these items are available to don until January 5th.

SAN ANDREAS SNOWFALL – IT'S A CHRISTMAS MIRACLE

Travelers to Los Santos and Blaine County in GTA Online on Christmas Day will also be greeted by a the very rare sight of a San Andreas snowfall, making for (even more) hazardous driving conditions.

SNAPMATIC SHUTTERBUGS’ BEST XMAS EVER

Spruce up your selfies and share your holiday photos with a host of updated Snapmatic features that have just been released including all-new photo Filters, Borders, and Facial Expressions. There's also a new Depth of Field Effect and a Meme Creator feature. All the new Snapmatic features are here to stay even after the Holiday Season (and are also available to use in Story Mode as well). You can access the Filters, Borders, Facial Animations, and Depth of Field Effect while you're taking a photo (Facial Animations and Depth of Field are only available in Self Portrait Mode). To use the Meme Creator, just pause the game and select the picture you'd like to meme-ify from the Gallery, then hit Square / X to add meme text.

Share your best holiday season Snapmatics with the tag #XmasInLosSantos and we may feature some of our favorites here at the Newswire in early January.

HOLIDAY SALE DEALS ON SELECT VEHICLES, WEAPONS, APARTMENTS & MORE (THRU JAN 5th)

We've also got special holiday discounts right now through January 5th on select weapons, vehicles and more to help you lay down some jolly season’s beatings.

Make sure you put Grenades, Tear Gas and Sticky Bombs on your Christmas list as these explosive stocking stuffers are all half-price.

You can also get 30% off select luxury sedans (ridiculous giant red bow not included) including the Super Diamond, Vapid Fugitive, Benefactor Schwartzer and Ubermacht Zion.

If you'd like a new apartment to trash for your Crew Christmas party, then take advantage of 25% off the aptly named Tinsel Towers apartments 45 and 29.

We've also got half price discounts on musical horns on vehicles, green and gold weapon tints, and to keep you warm in the Blaine County snowstorms there's 50% off Winter hats, berets, Hinterland Boots and Yeti Boots.

We hope these gifts help you all enjoy a fantastic holiday season in San Andreas and wish everyone a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year. Thanks to the entire worldwide GTA community for your amazing support in 2013 and get ready for big things to come in 2014

Quality stuff, RUkered. Awesome.

You mean you don't have 500 bllion yet like everyone else, Odessasteps?

I was given an extra $370 million last night. After talking to one of Misanthrope304's pals last night, my almost $600 mllion is chump change to some. I've bought a tank, plane, helicopter, bus, etc., etc. I can't think of anything more to buy. It was nice having a tank to call in when someone started messing with us with a tank, that's for sure, even if I had to let someone else drive 'cause I don't know how.

Last night was really awesome for people trying to mess with me, me showing them the back of my hand HARD, and them running away or quitting the game. I had two guys go after me and I preceeded to somehow dominate them both to the point where they left. Another guy would try to blow me up with a grenade several times and blow himself up in the process. 

I tried starting another character, and I may work on that some more later, but it's hell just having a pistol again after being used to "I think I'll RPG this guy."

I play oniline with a guy from Iowa all the time, and everyone we play with has been gifted vast sums of money but him. It's hilarious. He's gonna be the only one who comes out of this without a stint in Shawshank State Prison.

Okay, so here's a question.  I'm at Level 30 and I was in a firefight with a guy who was at level 132.     I was literally headshotting him repeatedly with a machine gun and doing zero damage to him.   But he kills me with 1 shot.  

I know he isn't on passive mode since he can't shoot me if he's on passive.  Do you get some super max health/armor when you get to a certain level?