DVDVR Message Board

2015 NBA Playoffs: SEMIFINALS

Dolfan in NYC

I'm absolutely not ready to agree that Houston would smoke the Bulls like you guys think.  I'm getting exactly what I expected from Houston in this series.  I'm one of the few that was not convinced at all that they were legit contenders.  I still feel like a 100% Mavs team would have beaten them, and they were lucky to survive the Clippers.

Everyone is retroactively slagging on Chicago, but a month ago we all considered them the most likely option to beat Cleveland.

Alright, I really did not want to post here and start shit but I have been following the basketball thread all year and reading your NUMEROUS claims all year with your Mavericks biased almost all of which I knew at the time would be wrong and ended up being wrong. Mavericks/Rick Carlisle won't be a easy playoff out, right? I figured I would just let Lawful Metal be the Houston Rocket fan representative on here but you guys are taking his fuck it attitude so literal.

Golden State is by far the best team in the league and they will win the championship. The Rockets fall into that second level group with San Antonio, Clippers, Memphis, and Cleveland where if you put these teams in a 7 Game series the home court advantage team will probably end up winning it because they are all so close together and Golden State is going to beat every one of them. Chicago is not at that second level and all the teams I mentioned would beat Chicago in 5-6 games every time. Chicago and Dallas like New Orleans are a third level team.

You can feel like a 100% Mavs team would have beat Houston but like all your other Mavericks biased opinions all year it is wrong. The Rockets went 3-1 against the Mavericks with all four games spread out through out the season, had a better regular season record through out the regular season besides one day in December, and then beat them in 5 with only one of those 1 of the 4 wins against Dallas even being close. Houston comparably better than Dallas as Golden State is better than Houston but just because Houston played like shit one game against the best team in the league doesn't mean your post isn't a joke by trying to use it as a way to say Dallas under any circumstances would have beat Houston who weren't exactly 100% either by the way in that series.

If David Stern was running things then somehow these series go 6 games.  Not sure how because I don't see this happening in the Cavs series.   Unless things change we could have a week delay before the finals start.  

If both series end in sweeps it will be the first time ever.

LOL at the continuos Bulls disrespect. We have wins over every single team. Every single one. The Rockets win one series of note and somehow they are a class above. Get the fuck out of here with all that.

• Like 1

Do you know how Memphis is a good team? They took two off of what is looking like a historic GSW team. Houston is a very good team and looked like a mid-major last night.

I don't think the Cavs without Love can push them past 6. It isn't LeBron's fault. It's just that the best roster in the league has survived the season intact save for a bench guy in Speights (knock on wood).

Curry is unreal. How do you guard against a guy who has unlimited range and also is possibly the best ever at shooting off the dribble? He's also a ridiculous passer on a team that moves the ball with elite shooting, so trapping him isn't an option.

I may be showing some RandomAct bias here, but I think Houston with a healthy Pat Beverley and a healthy Motiejunas would give the Warriors fits. We could put a lockdown defender on both Curry and Thompson with Bev and Ariza, and, when GS goes small ball, D-Mo could punish Green as a center with actual post up moves. Also, Bev and D-Mo were a lot more consistent with their 3s than Brewer or Smith or Terry or Prigioni or Jones.

Unfortunately, you gotta win with what you got at the end of the year, and who knows what would've happened if Golden State had the Rockets injury luck and vice versa.

Kyrie officially out this evening. Korver out for the rest of the playoffs. Bazemore will start.

Someone on twitter jokes that game four may just be full court one on one with Mike Miller and Elton Brand.

If this was the 70's or 80's, there would be at least someone on the Cavs with blow out kneecaps by the end of this game.  Probably after game 2 give what happened to Corver

Kenny Smith is a complete moron at halftime for assuming that Al was only putting the elbow up and was trying to go for the head.  I guess he drew the short stick on that argument

Eh, neither the Horford thing or the Korver thing from Game 2 were dirty, IMO. Twitter's(especially Atlanta Hawks Twitter) moral outrage over it has been pretty funny, though.