DVDVR Message Board

2015 NBA Playoffs: SEMIFINALS

Dolfan in NYC

On paper, I like Atlanta's chances against Cleveland. They're deeper, they don't have to worry about guarding any big guys, and Kyrie can't guard Teague.

But I'm having a hard time with the thought of the Atlanta Hawks in the NBA Finals.

So, does anyone want to give credit to Houston, or was it solely a Clippers collapse?  Honestly, Morey's mid-year acquisitions of Brewer, Smith, and Prigioni (I'll throw in Terry and Ariza, since they were acquired in the off-season and weren't on last year's team) made the difference.  I hated losing Parsons and settling on Ariza at the time, but that was absolutely the right call by Morey. 

And who knew that Brewer and Smith would be 4th quarter magic in the playoffs? 

Also, I don't want to read too much into the Golden State sweep of the Rockets during the regular season.  First two games featured starters Tarik Black and Kostas Papanikalao.  Last two games Dwight wasn't Dwight yet and Terrence Jones was out with a collapsed lung. 

And I hope we realize that this Rockets team isn't exactly just going to roll over when the going gets tough.  Rockets in 6. 

Houston is the #2 seed. They are supposed to be here. Anything less and they underachieved.

The Clippers were up 3-1. That's a collapse. You gotta give a Houston credit for not giving up in that 4th quarter and for the backups playing their heart out. Still, that was the Clippers to take.

• Like 1

Spurs should've taken care of the Clips anyways, so fuck em. I like the Rocket's chances against the Cavs much more than the Warriors, so I'll be rooting for them. I'd love to see the Hawks reach the finals though.

I could be wrong on this cause I didn't look at the schedules but wouldn't the game 7s of the East been played on Saturday then giving both teams two days of rest/practice before the start of the finals. And with the west being played Sunday you give them two days rest with the finals starting.

Game 7 for the East was penciled in for Monday. It could have easily been Game 7 or Game 1 like it was for the Hawks/Wizards series, when Sunday was an either or scenario had the Nets won game 6 vs Atlanta

The Rockets have managed to make the conference finals with a negative point differential. Let's not pretend that they are a slumbering giant that has been unleashed upon the poor, outmatched western conference. For reference, the Warriors are +80. I think Houston gets two games, simply because it is hard for a team to win 8 straight against another team with a winning record.

• Like 1

Warriors D just locked the fuck in there, and forced a bunch of turnovers. I think the biggest key, is that the refs aren't whistle happy when Harden drives to the hoop.

Refs didn't call shit on Golden State. Draymond Green hit a moving screen, flopped directly at Ariza's knees, then grabbed his leg. No foul. I see why he's such a great defender -- he don't called for nothing.

And I still don't get the Harden is a flopper talking point -- he gets hit every time he drives and rarely hits the floor. The refs have to call fouls when he gets hit on the arm. It's bullshit.

And someone get Steve Javie off my screen. That fucker was one of the worst refs ever and he's always wrong in his analysis.

Also, I want Stephen Curry's cheat code.

• Like 1

What Draymond Green did was less of a foul than what Dellavedova did, and we know what happened there.  And what Harden sticking his arms out looking for a foul is no different than when I guy hurls his own body into a jumping defender looking for a foul.  I want to see more no-calls on both instances.

More on point though, if Dwight isn't healthy, the Rockets are cooked in this series.  He's the only real matchup advantage they have, and he got Bogut into foul trouble just like I thought he would.  It allowed Festus to have a really good game that he probably wouldn't have had with Howard on the floor.

What bothers me about Harden is when he flops when he really does get fouled. Gets hit on the arm while shooting, then snaps his head back like he got shot.

But if you hit his arm while shooting, it's a foul. Period.

What bothers me about Harden is when he flops when he really does get fouled. Gets hit on the arm while shooting, then snaps his head back like he got shot.

But if you hit his arm while shooting, it's a foul. Period.

And for clarification, I agree with you.  It's a foul. but the refs need to see when a guy is playing to get fouled vs playing to score.  I'm perfectly fine with some no-calls in those cases.