DVDVR Message Board

2015 NBA Playoffs: SEMIFINALS

Dolfan in NYC

Yeah, bogus play call. I hope their season doesn't all but end because of it. They've played an exceptional second half and deserve a win but that ain't got nothing to do with it.

Yeah, that's not his favorite nor best option and he had the switch.

Man, Teague AND Millsap playing tentatively with the ball. 

Edited by Oyaji

Can't ask for a better last look though for Atlanta after the offensive rebound.

Cleveland just took Atlanta's best shit and escaped. They need that week off from getting the sweep though.

Scott couldn't have asked for a better look off of that rebound.  Lebron kinda putting on a little dramatic acting, but still a monster game.  Kinda feel for Teague, since brother played his heart out tonight.

• Like 1

So, Cleveland is on the verge of taking the former New York Knicks nucleus to the NBA finals. That either says something really great about Lebron or really bad about the Knicks.

Great game to watch. What a weird game, too. I don't think Delly did anything dirty on that play but I can see why Horford would want to elbow that dude in the eye orbital.

ATL's not going to be remembered for what they are: A really good all-around team that got the most out of their collective talent by sharing the basketball and always looking for a better shot. But they played their ass off in that second half without their best player and one of the most lethal weapons in basketball both sitting.

• Like 1

I thought that Teague three at the end of regulation was a bad idea.  The Cavs in the penalty and Teague was getting whatever he wanted driving at that point.

The Hawks kept falling for pump fakes in overtime, and they got burned on big threes from JR and Lebron.

Also the Hawks also got killed on the boards.  Tristan Thompson, once again, is getting paid.

Edited by _MJ_

So, Cleveland is on the verge of taking the former New York Knicks nucleus to the NBA finals. That either days sobering really great about Lebron or really bad about the Knicks.

Why not both? :)

Seriously, it speaks to both sides.  NYK couldn't figure out how to make their former guys work.  JR Smith I get, but you always need a guy like Shumpert around and the Knicks whiffed big time with him.

But yeah, I'm even more convinced you could roll four wheelbarrows on the floor with LeBron and he'd turn two of them into All-Stars. His ability to play with nearly anyone so well is incredible.

What a great game. Lots of meaningful shots.

Horford is a great player and about as level headed as you can get. I think he lost his cool and obviously at the time thought it was dirty, but has since said he did not think it was. I will say that Horford tried to put him in a dragon sleeper before the whole thing started.

I think the Hawks probably win that game if they keep going after Thompson once he picked up the fifth foul. If he fouls out ATL wins.

Shumpert's the definition of the word "solid."

JR's so weird. I think history will show that as long as he's held accountable, he'll contribute. His shot might not always fall, but he won't play the clown when he has someone as strong-willed as LBJ to glare at him.

I think the perception of Shumpert has been hurt by his injury issues. If a player is solid for 82 games a year every year he is a great addition, but if he's solid but you know he will miss 30 games with some new bizarre thing it hurts.

I'm convinced JR would be the greatest player in basketball history if someone had given him an adderal prescription when he was a child and Hennessey didn't exist.

• Like 3

There was definitely people not excited about JR being in the trade even on this board.  I thought the Cavs were going to make another move when the trade went down, possibly with JR included.  They did eventually grab Mozgov, but they kept JR.  I thought it was a smart move to keep JR, since Shump was injured at the time.  I usually like the way Shump competes and he's still really young(24?), but his health always seem to be a concern.  If he's healthy, he seems to contribute something on the court.

I do wish social media was around for Jordan's flu game after seeing the reaction to Lebron's antics. 

If the Cavs makes it to the Finals, I really want to see a complete minutes breakdown for Lebron in the last 5 years or so, including the Olympics.  This shit can't be healthy and nobody has played as many playoff minutes than him in those years.  I wasn't outrage about his 2 week layoff/injury/whatever thing in December because this dude has been logging in insane minutes every season and it's going catch up with you eventually.

Edited by _MJ_