DVDVR Message Board

Smackdown Spoilers for 3/19/15

victor

where Roman Misawa'd him in the back of the head

That looked great, but it should have been an immediate kill on Rollins and wasn't so it really wasn't.

Reigns looks good on offense but every time he's selling I just sit there thinking about how hard he's gonna die against Brock. The killer interview at the start didn't help ("I'm gonna fuck up Roman Reigns. Peace out.").

I am rapidly approaching the point where I no longer want to see Bryan wrestle, it's getting close to late-stage Foley. I don't know why Bryan seems to have an unyielding desire to require a feeding tube but he does. Maybe he's trying to prove a point but this is like the 3rd time in as many weeks he's taken a bump right on his head and it's ridiculous and it's uncomfortable to watch.

I would highly recommend not watching that ladder match.

That opening to the Brie vs Paige was ace. Brie tried to disrespect an already pissed da fuck off Paige, so she got speared to the floor and tossed around for her troubles. Not sure if putting a chin lock on Paige works because she's pretty unsympathetic, but the rest of the action was fast paced and they looked like they wanted to beat the shit out of each other. The ending was Brie hitting her finisher she only uses on jobbers and thinking it would work on Paige worked out good too.

I want to see them go 10 minutes.

• Like 1

That opening to the Brie vs Paige was ace. Brie tried to disrespect an already pissed da fuck off Paige, so she got speared to the floor and tossed around for her troubles. Not sure if putting a chin lock on Paige works because she's pretty unsympathetic, but the rest of the action was fast paced and they looked like they wanted to beat the shit out of each other. The ending was Brie hitting her finisher she only uses on jobbers and thinking it would work on Paige worked out good too.

I want to see them go 10 minutes.

I really dug the opening too. All four women are doing their part to get this Mania match over. Even AJ seems a little less disinterested than usual lol 

Ambrose and Harper had a damn fine match with Harper doing some stuff I've never seen before, like tossing Dean into the second buckle face first and that Fujiwara armbar/face lock sub (there's got to be a name for that; it rules because it seems so simple).

He did both in the match against Bryan a week or two ago. Guessing he took the turnbuckle thing from Johnny Gargano, who does it just about every match.

It's easy for AJ to be more interested in this feud as it seems to have a story to actually latch onto.  They just might get a decent chance for this WM match.

That was a damn fine gauntlet match.  Harper needs to use that sumbission more often.  I must have watch Bryan submit Harper at least a few times, it was so damn good.  And Bryan/Ziggler was pretty damn good as well.  SD gets pretty disregarded a lot of times, but it was a really fun show thanks to the gauntlet.  The main event was good too

Yeah, I missed the Bryan/Harper match from that Raw even though I watched most of the Spanish language replay, so it's all new to me. The submission as a finisher is something that would be great for Harper because you can get a closeup of his crazy facial expressions. 

I was looking for a gif of Regal's super safe half nelson suplex, where the guy basically flips all the way over and lands on his knees safely, even if it looks great, but all I could find was a version of it where Bryan took it right on his head.

I'm leaning towards the "Bryan knows what he can and can't get away with regarding his neck" camp, but all the same... jeez Louise. Here I thought he'd do the smoke-and-mirrors to work a safer style.

That trios match was super-fun while it lasted. Matadores looked like stars out there.

• Like 1

I was looking for a gif of Regal's super safe half nelson suplex, where the guy basically flips all the way over and lands on his knees safely, even if it looks great, but all I could find was a version of it where Bryan took it right on his head.

Here you go:

regalexploderkofi.gif

• Like 2

That thing is the ultimate wrestling move. It looks great. It "FEELS" great, in part because it plays upon the caveat of both Regal and the idea of the half nelson suplex and because it looks so big with its wide sweeping motion that plays to the last row, but it's super safe relatively. 

Goddamn that whole gauntlet was fun. It actually treated the title seriously, and hopefully that's the direction they go with from now until WM...and then after that, but I'm not holding my breath. J and J Security ACTUALLY BEING A SECURITY TEAM rules. I'm going to just go with a theory though that everyone involved was just hired by Noble to make himself feel like a big deal.

http://jayreviewsthings.blogspot.com/2015/03/wwe-smackdown-3-19-15.html

Screens -

"Okay, so we need THE MOST ASIAN FONT EVER!"

167ec8398497724.jpg

4ad877398497749.jpg

862f11398497735.jpg

874360398497742.jpg

http://www.imagebam.com/gallery/ddzyf1rrsv2lnh5b3kswl44edq2m49wh

That thing is the ultimate wrestling move. It looks great. It "FEELS" great, in part because it plays upon the caveat of both Regal and the idea of the half nelson suplex and because it looks so big with its wide sweeping motion that plays to the last row, but it's super safe relatively. 

I'm a massive Regal fan and I always hated that move. It's one of the few moves he did regularly that looked unrealistic.

I felt the same way about the Rikishi Driver. Super-nasty looking (no one ever complained that the 400-pound dude's SITOUT PILEDRIVER didn't look hurty enough) yet he had plenty of cushioning and never hurt anyone with it to the best of my memory.

rikishi-driver-o.gif

• Like 1

I'm a massive Regal fan and I always hated that move. It's one of the few moves he did regularly that looked unrealistic.

You are part of the problem.

• Like 2

ConsciousDamagedEgret.gif

Bloody hell.

Looking at this a few times, it looks like his hands/arms took the brunt of it and he barely got his forehead to make contact.  It still hurts I'm sure and it's advisable to not tempt fate with these.  But unless I'm way off base it doesn't seem as bad as it was when first watching it.