DVDVR Message Board

Raw is Random Bullshit 3-9-15

MGFanJay

Opening video running down Reigns-Seth was good with an epic feel. Then we got 15 minutes of comedy with Orton being great with Noble, Show, and Kane while an idiot held up a Benoit sign. Orton explained that everyone thought he was going to turn on Seth, THAT HE IS ACTUALLY GOING TO TURN ON HIM WHEN HE LEAST SUSPECTS IT (while all the goons are in here), and then says it was a joke. Seth guffaws and believes him and Noble is the one smart guy who doesn't. Goofy IC Title bullshit. Commentary was ungodly bad here. Heyman cut an all-time great promo after the Roman hype video and got off a ton of great lines while Brock smirked.

Rowan and Ryback beat Show and Kane to the sound of silence, leading to Steph burying Show and Kane for her weekly burial. Wizdow rapped a bit and then Wiz bombed hard. AJ beat Summer in a nothing match. Sting responds to HHH next. BOY THANK GOD THEY HYPED UP STING'S FIRST WWE PROMO SO WELL. So they do a hype video and it's either to Sting's voice with a ton of audio processing, which is sounded like for a little while, or a different person, which is what it seemed like for 90% of it. 

Cena was a prick backstage to Rusev, who killed Axel. Cena then CHOKED RUSEV FOR HAVING AN OPINION and did it again to get his title shot. New Day beat the champs to no reaction, leading EVER SO SEAMLESSLY to Nattie-Naomi. Naomi wins with ass-related stuff leading to Usos-Matadores won via cheating thanks to the bull and using the tights. Handicap match was just an Orton-Seth angle. Loved the double-bird. Orton took 90 years to beat him down though.

http://jayreviewsthings.blogspot.com/2015/03/wwe-raw-3-9-15.html

Screens - 

CHRIS BENOIT IS INNOCENT! in 2015.

68fdbf395999123.jpg 

68299f396004827.jpg

884c3b396010487.jpg

How to kill a main eventer in 5 minutes.
2daadb396020837.jpg

00024f396020873.jpg

74798b396020912.jpg

c1252b396020947.jpg

bde63f396022670.jpg

http://www.imagebam.com/gallery/j7r3jli4ghtdfq3gs6utqaxhb6gqkr44

For just one glorious moment when Rollins was first trying to crawl away I thought he was going to bump head first into the steps and knock himself out and Orton was going to look around and then run away like this whole thing was a Family Guy cutaway. 

But then instead Randy just kept talking and walking around and randomly slowly hitting him in the beatdown version of a headlock until we all hated him sooo much and wished Dean Ambrose could have had this feud instead because at least then the trash talk would have been like "YOU THINK I BLAMBAH???? I NEVER BLAMBAH BUT YOUR  GONA PROBABLY BLAMBAHDAMBADOOOOOTONIGHT!!!! I SAID BLAMBADAMBAHDDDOOOO SIR!!!"

Worst thing on this show was Heyman's sub-Russo, homeless man's Shane Douglas promo.

Whaaaat?   Is Paul literally actually Brock's agent?  Because that promo was scripted to get him paid and I think it did..by someone anyway.

• Like 1

Sting couldn't do his own voice over?

I hope Wyatt beats Taker. He needs to.

Shit, man, Taker's line sounded like they pulled it from 1-900-909-WWF8 after they stalled for 2 minutes to collect their $7.48. 

I suppose those 5 minutes I watched Bray slobber over nothing for $9.99 is a better deal in retrospect.

• Like 1

So they're officially going with Sting's motivation for showing up is that he wants revenge for WCW dying 14 years ago, and he holds HHH (was he even at the top of the card at that point?) responsible?  Last week when HHH "fired" Booker, I thought for a second Booker was going to go into his "Tell me you did not just say that!" and we'd get a HHH/Booker match, which honestly I'd care about more than the Sting angle.

Bray was tremendous in his in-ring segment.  I'm actually kind of interested in that match now.

Is the battle royale just going to be the guys from Superstars and whatnot?  Right now it looks like there are more guys booked for the IC ladder match and it seems they're going with a 4 way tag titles match.  I'm all for the guys getting a WM payday out of it, but when the matches get that big and clusterfucky, it kind of takes away from the drama and intensity of a one on one encounter and the story behind it.

Wasn't that Wiz (who looked like a black Dolph Ziggler) guy supposed to be a hometown hero or something?  The crowd seemed pretty dead.

Barrett has been the best at selling the goofiness around him. Good booking predicts he is just going to fucking snap and kill everyone in that ladder match.

But WWE booking will give this whole build to fucking Sheamus.

Worst thing on this show was Heyman's sub-Russo, homeless man's Shane Douglas promo.

Whaaaat?   Is Paul literally actually Brock's agent?  Because that promo was scripted to get him paid and I think it did..by someone anyway.

They do (or at least did) have some sort of real life business arrangement, but I don't know exactly what.  But apparently Paul is pretty much one of the only two people Brock actually likes.

Big Show's "UH UH! WRONG!" was pretty much the best thing about the show.

They seem to realize they're gonna lose people for Better Call Saul now cause they don't program jack diddily shit between 10 and 11.

I did like the Orton beatdown at the end because I'm an Orton mark, but man did they drag that shit out.

3 weeks before wrestlemania and the stars of the 2 biggest matches promoted on the show either couldn't bother to work (Brock Lesnar), couldn't bother to show up (Triple H), or the WWE couldn't bother use his real voice (Sting).  Then you have Roman Reigns for the 2nd week in a row being a complete after thought in the main event with everything tied to Rollins vs Orton.   

If you were a casual fan and not just a "mark" like us, you would be stupid not think that Rollins vs Orton is the main event of Wrestlemania.   

The build up and entrances of Bray Wyatt vs Undertaker is incredible to see live.  Then the bell rings and then we are going to pray it doesn't go more than 5 minutes and Taker doesn't pass out in the ring

I don't get "Cena was a prick to Rusev". He said don't talk shit about America, or I will beat your ass. Rusev then talked shit about America, and was given the assbeating he was promised. I actually liked how they got to Cena/Rusev at Mania.

After an Uso almost lawndarted himself into the ground while trying to dive over the top rope, let's just all admit that Roman's leap last week was much much much better than any Uso tope.

Decent show overall. Fastforwarded Wiz, but laughed my ass off for Wizdow.

RIP #Axelmania.

• Like 3

I keep hearing how great Orton is. Why don't i fucking see it? His promos blow. He's plodding. His matches are predictable. "Out of nowhere" = "contrived". I hear others say that he's one of the best in the world so much and think I must not understand pro wrestling.

• Like 6

I'm not a huge fan of Wiz, and lord did that crowd not give a fuck (note to wrestling promoters:  Musicians don't get over in front of your crowds) but at least it was a hell of a lot better than when Georgia Florida Line or whatever performed awhile back.

That was fucking painful. Reigns less over than Lance Storm at this point. That Sting voice wtf? Leave it to Randy Orton to make a face turn beatdown of a heel boring as shit. Welcome to the apathy era.

I'm sure there are a lot of people out there who loved Terminator Cena beating the shit out of Rusev and I thought it was cool too and a nice change of pace for his character but I do have a couple issues with this. Rusev is losing at WrestleMania. We all know he is losing. Why the hell would you have him look so damn weak a couple weeks prior? 

Also..  Roman Reigns. His role tonight was random guy thrown into a match with Rollins that served to further the feud with Orton.  Huh?  It's 3 weeks away from WM. Why is he not interacting with Lesnar? 

I don't get it. 

I keep hearing how great Orton is. Why don't i fucking see it? His promos blow. He's plodding. His matches are predictable. "Out of nowhere" = "contrived". I hear others say that he's one of the best in the world so much and think I must not understand pro wrestling.

He's streaky.  His 2011 run was fantastic (granted he spent it feuding with Christian and Mark Henry for a big chunk of the year, so that helps)  His WWE title run that kicked off this whole Authority thing was fascinating in that he kept having great tv matches, and then failing to deliver on ppv.  But he's stale, his act is even more rooted in place than Cena's, and crowds massively stopped giving a shit about him during that last big title run, and only started to again when Rollins took him out and he missed 4 months.

• Like 1

The writers suck.

WWE creative writing WM:

"IC title...hmmm 8 man clusterfuck?"

"Good. Done."

"Now tag titles..."

"How about.....mmmmmm....8 team Clusterfuck?"

"Holy shit.  brilliant."

"Now, the Diva title."

"Tell you what, bro.  I'm gonna write down a number, the word diva, and the world clusterfuck and you tell me what you think?"

"Whoa.  Perfect."

"So, hell.  All we have to decide now is what's for lunch."

"How about a random stew?"

"Duuuuuude..."

• Like 3

I'm sure there are a lot of people out there who loved Terminator Cena beating the shit out of Rusev and I thought it was cool too and a nice change of pace for his character but I do have a couple issues with this. Rusev is losing at WrestleMania. We all know he is losing. Why the hell would you have him look so damn weak a couple weeks prior? 

Also..  Roman Reigns. His role tonight was random guy thrown into a match with Rollins that served to further the feud with Orton.  Huh?  It's 3 weeks away from WM. Why is he not interacting with Lesnar? 

I don't get it. 

I always enjoy Terminator Cena, but I'm conflicted on the match.

On one hand, Rusev winning could create another main event player/challenger to Reigns/etc.  On the other, spending months building up an unstoppable foreign monster heel and then jobbing him on the big money show to the babyface ace is pretty much pro wrestling 101.