DVDVR Message Board

MARCH 2015 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

RIPPA

Cena as a fighting US champ is a great concept but I dont know if I like the idea of Rusevs first pin coming from Cena. Maybe cena can win in a tables match at Extreme rules or something.

I just am in vain hoping that this new contract states that Brock must defend the title at every PPV.

Ib3ur1a.gif

"I work part time, with full time pay. What everybody wants, but you can't have. Except me."

• Like 1

Cena as a fighting US champ is a great concept but I dont know if I like the idea of Rusevs first pin coming from Cena. Maybe cena can win in a tables match at Extreme rules or something.

a ladder match where Cena cuffs Rusev to the ropes, and gets the belt moments before Rusev snaps the cuffs

I feel like the best idea (and I apologize to whoever on here I stole it from) is to go with Rusev passing out in the STF at Mania, but not tapping, leading to an I Quit rubber match at Extreme Rules.

I feel like the best idea (and I apologize to whoever on here I stole it from) is to go with Rusev passing out in the STF at Mania, but not tapping, leading to an I Quit rubber match at Extreme Rules.

I like to imagine an "I Quit rubber match" means the loser must swear off latex for life.

I just am in vain hoping that this new contract states that Brock must defend the title at every PPV.

Ib3ur1a.gif

"I work part time, with full time pay. What everybody wants, but you can't have. Except me."

If they bring back ice cream bars with Brock's likeness, WWE will have pretty much given Brock all of CM Punk's goals/demands without struggle.  No flex zone.

• Like 1

Couple things:

-Just saw Roman on Conan and he wasn't embarassing.  He wasn't the best guess ever but I expected worse.

-Finally got around to seeing what Max Landis did before this video.  It's got a neat evolution where it starts with grainy videos of him fucking around.  Over time it looked better and now he has equipment to do great-looking videos.  And this is definitely not the first wrestling video he did.  One of his earlier ones was a tribute to Orton that got a chuckle out of me.

I like to imagine an "I Quit rubber match" means the loser must swear off latex for life.

OENSVeH.png

• Like 2

Couple things:

-Just saw Roman on Conan and he wasn't embarassing. He wasn't the best guess ever but I expected worse.

-Finally got around to seeing what Max Landis did before this video. It's got a neat evolution where it starts with grainy videos of him fucking around. Over time it looked better and now he has equipment to do great-looking videos. And this is definitely not the first wrestling video he did. One of his earlier ones was a tribute to Orton that got a chuckle out of me.

I watched the video ... there was a tug-of-war sequence between HHH and Orton each other that is exactly as bad as anything Reigns & Lesnar could pull off

Why on earth would anyone think Roman is going over if they have Lesnar under contract?

Even Senile Vince isn't that dumb.

He is. He really, actually, totally is that dumb.

If Roman loses and therefore makes the past three months pointless...where does Roman go? It's nice to think they could (or would) rebuild him but I think he's going to take a brunt of the negative "smart" mark reaction no matter what he does. If he truly enjoys pro-wrestling, I wonder if it would make more sense for him to leave the company post-Mania, spent a year or two in Japan then come back to WWE. This would allow him time to get away from the hardcore fans in the US who would hound him at indy shows, allow him to build himself back up in people's eyes, and allow him to do something important when if he would've been in WWE he'd just be in that Sheamus/Swagger/Barrett/Ziggler mix constantly.

Roman goes back to the drawing board. Maybe he continues his feud with Rollins since that's who he's been feuding with more than Brock in the lead up to WrestleMania.

Look, it's as simple as coming out the next night and saying he gave it his best shot, but he will never give up and he noticed something in his match with Brock that he feels will give him an advantage the next time he gets a chance at him. Then out comes Rollins or Sheamus or whoever the fuck to feud with him.

• Like 1

There's a thought, and I'm not sure if it's their thought or our thought or Austin's podcast thought, that Reigns needs to "pay dues" with the fans, and part of that would be to lose at Mania to Brock so that he could be built back up and try the next year like Shawn in 95-96.

• Like 1