DVDVR Message Board

MARCH 2015 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

RIPPA

Hey, you guys remember Jeff Jarrett's apparel and one-time PPV distribution company, GFW?

Summer.  You know what that means.  Suns out, guns out.  New GFW tank tops coming to Las Vegas.

• Like 2

All this fantasy booking should go into figuring out what to do with Bray Wyatt if Taker beats him. My best guess is NXT.

Yup, he'll  be dead in the water like all those other guys Undertaker beat at WM that completely killed off their characters: Randy Orton, Mark Henry, Batista, Edge, Shawn Michaels (twice!), Triple H (twice!) and CM Punk.

There's nothing wrong with losing to Undertaker at WM, it doesn't hurt anyone.  After WM, Wyatt will cut a promo about how he was the first one to really bring back the "real" Undertaker, and while he may have won the battle, Wyatt saw fear in his eyes, while the announcers will hype Wyatt taking Undertaker "to the limit".

Pretty simple fantasy booking, really.

You've got to be fucking kidding me if you think they'll actually do that. What Lawful Metal said above is exactly how they should have handled him and they didn't. Now either he wins or he's DOA. There is such a thing as losing too much when you're a character that rarely should before becoming a complete joke, especially with his gimmick. 

Bray Wyatt needs to not wrestle. He needs to sit in his rocking chair and delegate. It needs to mean something when he gets up. And he needs to be destroying dudes when he gets up.

Breaking up the Wyatt family was stupid. Get them back together, push the hell out of Rowan and Harper with Bray as the ace in the hole. And have Bray only wrestle on ppvs.

I agree, I didn't like them breaking up the Wyatt Family. They have no direction for any of the three now, seemingly. Especially Rowan.

I didn't like breaking up The Shield either but at least they have been using Seth & Roman. I still liked them more as a unit though. A couple of trios in WWE felt fresh.

...and Triple H lost to The Undertaker at Wrestlemania THREE times, not twice. Don't forget Wrestlemania X-Seven!

• Like 2

Hey, you guys remember Jeff Jarrett's apparel and one-time PPV distribution company, GFW?

Summer.  You know what that means.  Suns out, guns out.  New GFW tank tops coming to Las Vegas.

I like that the first thing after "THIS SUMMER" is "WHO WILL BE THERE?"  I dunno, Jeff, you tell me!

I get what they're trying to do by saying that, but I just don't know if that's the wisest way to approach it when no one actually knows who the hell will be there.

• Like 1

I would normally just say "NSFW", but because this is here, I'm just gonna say "IWA Mid-South". Regardless, I've never seen anything like this. Did someone hit him with a machete?

http://deadspin.com/look-at-this-wrestlers-gross-head-wound-or-dont-do-wh-1693696734?utm_campaign=socialflow_deadspin_facebook&utm_source=deadspin_facebook&utm_medium=socialflow

I feel like they should have Reigns lose, turn heel and chase the US title holder Cena. Then he is sure to get big pops from the crowd. Only in WWE the best way to get a guy cheered is to turn him heel and put him up against the #1 babyface. 

• Like 1

I would normally just say "NSFW", but because this is here, I'm just gonna say "IWA Mid-South". Regardless, I've never seen anything like this. Did someone hit him with a machete?

http://deadspin.com/look-at-this-wrestlers-gross-head-wound-or-dont-do-wh-1693696734?utm_campaign=socialflow_deadspin_facebook&utm_source=deadspin_facebook&utm_medium=socialflow

Wow, that's pretty fucking gruesome.  I hope it was worth the pittance he got paid.

Reed is a good dude.  He's been asked about it a lot, and he clarified that the gash was a total accident.  Basically the old Sabu "toss the chair" spot, and it didn't hit flush.  Pretty gruesome, it's not like that's what they set out to do.

Wow, that's pretty fucking gruesome.  I hope it was worth the pittance he got paid.

Reed is a good dude.  He's been asked about it a lot, and he clarified that the gash was a total accident.  Basically the old Sabu "toss the chair" spot, and it didn't hit flush.  Pretty gruesome, it's not like that's what they set out to do.

Necrobutcher almost loosing his arm a while back was a lot worse.  There was also a spot where Mean Mitch Page got hit in the face with a glass clock or something and experienced something similar.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dawn_Marie_Johnston

Someone mentioned in one of the podcast threads (I think) about somebody apparently mistakenly mentioning a Dawn Marie as a talented female wrestler and apparently there is an earlier one than the valet we all know about and thought he meant (Bryan from the Observer show I think it was?). I was looking up Sherri Martel because of the WOTD thread and found this.