DVDVR Message Board

MARCH 2015 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

RIPPA

Cole would have made a great heel manager, but he was overexposed by being a constant presence on TV.

I would have loved to have seen Cole as a Heenan-esque heel manager, who occasionally does commentary.  I agree with those who said that having him on constantly as a heel announcer was a disaster.

It sounds like we have a Cole Miner in our ranks!!

As horrible as heel Cole was, in retrospect it's pretty funny that it was in essence one long Vince tirade against vegetarians.  

Shoulda just hired Anthony Bourdain. He does it better.

• Like 1

So, I've been watching ROH TV the last couple weeks and am totally in awe of Dalton Castle's entrance, it's my favourite thing since the first time Adam Rose did his entrance (with the better music/timing) in NXT.  Unfortunately, this week's appearance isn't up on Youtube, but there's a vid from February on a crappy cellphone cam.

The whole segment from this past week was even better, he was a little more confident in the role.  Then he got his two "boys" (that's what he calls them!) to kneel down in the ring and act as his chair, and he sat and made fun of Jay Lethal.  In the ring, he's pretty raw (his punches need some work, as well as his timing), but he's got a style that's completely antithetical to his gimmick: amateur wrestling throws and holds, including a wonderful deadlift german suplex, that somehow totally works.  I love this guy.

Vince McMahon: GANGSTER, PIMP, GODFATHER.

Except I'm pretty sure he didn't get Brock discounted.

And NOW they got a bit of a quandry, because every decision leading to this point was defending against what would happen if he left.

Vince McMahon: GANGSTER, PIMP, GODFATHER.

Except I'm pretty sure he didn't get Brock discounted.

And NOW they got a bit of a quandry, because every decision leading to this point was defending against what would happen if he left.

The WrestleMania main event just got far more interesting. This is gonna be fun.

The problem with Heel Cole was he didn't know how to get the talent over while maintaining his character.  Cole was getting himself over at the expense of the talent in the ring, which is the exact opposite of what should be happening.  I remember one instance when the Hart Dynasty were the Tag Champs and sitting in on commentary and totally bombing.  Instead of throwing them a rope like a talented commentator would have done Cole used it to get himself over and just went on and on about how terrible they were.

Just watched Rusev on last night's Raw and dear lord he's incredible.

I know Rikishi trained him, but has he trained anyone else? I just wonder how much of what Rusev does is because he gets it and is a natural and how much is just really good training.

I would imagine his trained his kids too. Fuck you guys, the Usos are the best tag team the WWE has had in like 10 years.

• Like 1

I know Rikishi trained him, but has he trained anyone else? I just wonder how much of what Rusev does is because he gets it and is a natural and how much is just really good training.

I would imagine his trained his kids too. Fuck you guys, the Usos are the best tag team the WWE has had in like 10 years.

Booker T trained the Uso's

Brock has to win. If they really want Roman to someday be "the man," losing to the Beast Incarnate but looking strong in defeat does WAY more to help build him organically.

But this is Vince we're talking about so Roman wins and he celebrates by lighting an ROH banner on fire, announcing Rock vs. Lesnar for Mania's 32, 33, and 34, and shaving Bryan's beard while forcing Cesaro to join the Kiss My Ass Club.

• Like 1

Booker T trained the Uso's

Moral of the story: Booker T is awesome and so is Rikishi.