DVDVR Message Board

[MM15] WELCOME TO MARCH MADNESS 2015~!

RIPPA

Ugh Cena...shitty year.

If he wasn't in there with Lesnar and/or Rollins, I couldn't care less. Same old shit.

I'm totally giving the awesome Triple Threat match to the aforementioned two.

It's gonna be fun to see Cena totally "Bray Wyatt" Rusev this year...ugh.

I really hope Tanahashi makes it through.

Nakamura/Zayn is going to happen in the final four. Too bad it's not the final because I would be most pleased either way in that case. 

I look forward to being on the losing side of advocating for Tyson Kidd and Tyler Breeze in round one. 

I do think Goldust's had a pretty good year. Good matches vs Usos and Matadors. Just not a lot that's super memorable. Breeze doesn't have a TON, really. It'll be close. i bet Goldy has some Main Event/Superstars matches that puts him over, to be honest. A couple of fancams in the period too maybe.

Cena held the triple threat together while Seth and Brock got to do the awesome spots. Because Cena's the best.

He had the only really good Bray Wyatt singles match of the period (LMS)

He hd, shitty finish aside, the best match of the period I saw staying Brock at NoC. And the most compelling WWE main event in years at SummerSlam.

Because he's the best.

• Like 1

Cena held the triple threat together while Seth and Brock got to do the awesome spots. Because Cena's the best.

He hd, shitty finish aside, the best match of the period I saw staying Brock at NoC. And the most compelling WWE main event in years at SummerSlam.

Because he's the best.

I know that Tanahashi is a polarizing figure on here and that there's some backlash from the Meltzer dick riding but Tanahashi's year blows Cena's out of the water. There's the Okada match from January 4th, the Nakamura matches from April and August, the Shibata matches from July (G1) and September, the Ishii match from the G1, on top of pulling a very good match out of DBS. He had a bunch of great tag matches that built up single matches and had a pair of really good single matches with Styles (one from the G1 and the other from October). The volume of good-to-great matches he was in the past 12 months is ludicrous and while Cena had a strong year (not as strong as his previous two off the top of my head), there isn't much of an argument in my mind other than he's Cena and he's in WWE. Or that people outright hate Tanahashi for playing air guitar, having magnificent hair, and shitty strikes.

The complaint about him hitting too many high fly flows is fine, but it's the Japanese style that cumulative damage is the key rather than having a super death move that nobody kicks out of (unless we're talking AJPW/NOAH, which had both lines of thinking to their detriment). This goes back to Choshu throwing lariats out like their candy and it's Halloween every day he wrestled.

Is there another reason for Tanahashi poopooing that I'm missing?

Kidd was a top 10 guy in WWE this year I'm going to have to think about that one. Rollins wrestled a lot of matches with Ziggler that were carbon copies of each other, and while he's cut a few good promos he mostly bores me on the mic. Kidd may have done the best character work in WWE this year along with being a top notch in ring talent.

What are you talking about the size of the font. It was really small for some reason when I started typing, and I went up to what I thought was normal. God people are so sensitive.

I kinda like Balor and Ryback, and I'd probably lean towards The Big Guy on that one.

What are you talking about the size of the font. It was really small for some reason when I started typing, and I went up to what I thought was normal. God people are so sensitive.

Well considering that Cris was clearly making a joke...

Because he's the best.

He was pretty shitty on a week to week basis though. Not that Tanahashi is amazing on the house shows or anything but he's perfectly servicable. The Shibata G1 match is as good as anything Cena's done in the past year.