DVDVR Message Board

[MM15] WELCOME TO MARCH MADNESS 2015~!

RIPPA

Having to choose between Dustin and Tyler Breeze in Round One makes me wish to express anger through dance.

Will this be the year that an Irishman wins the hole deal? We can hope, we can hope...

Having to choose between Dustin and Tyler Breeze in Round One makes me wish to express anger through dance.

Will this be the year that an Irishman wins the hole deal? We can hope, we can hope...

Bálor? For him to get there, my bracket is predicting he would need to go through Ryback, Ambrose, Nakamura, Harper, and Zayn, JUST to make it to the finals. That is a ROUGH road. I don't see him doing it.

Looking at the brackets there is a reasonably large chance that four of my top five guys from last year will be out after the first round, which means Rippa will probably ban me before March 10th. Just realized Jay Briscoe isn't in this either which is too bad because he would have been one of my top holistic picks along with Rusev and Nakamura (who I won't even vote for in the first round, spoilerz). Oh yeah, I love Masters more than anyone, but he is the weakest guy in this. 

Looking at the brackets there is a reasonably large chance that four of my top five guys from last year will be out after the first round, which means Rippa will probably ban me before March 10th. Just realized Jay Briscoe isn't in this either which is too bad because he would have been one of my top holistic picks along with Rusev and Nakamura (who I won't even vote for in the first round, spoilerz). Oh yeah, I love Masters more than anyone, but he is the weakest guy in this.

Counter argument: Titus.

• Like 1

I watched 3-4 Masters matches in the period where he was really good. Is it just a footage issue or did you see a bad performance? I checked with BIll over at PWO but the Thatcher match isn't online anywhere. That'd be a telling one.

I love Masters, and liked him better than Hero in their match from last year, but really I can't see an argument for Masters inclusion over a lot of people.  It's a minor thing in the grand scheme of things, and I see him as a sort of "wild card" DVDVR favorite.  It's ultimately not worth bitching about. But do I really think he has the resume for this?  No. 

Normally I will post matchups around 10 AM EST (basically after I get into work, I will start getting the posts ready). Today though the polls are going up closer to lunch time since we have a delayed opening thanks to the ice that no one decided to fucking treat. Grr...

I would have started earlier but since the pick'em is set to close at 9 AM EST, I have to wait that out.

The matchups today - just so you can all prepare are...

Rampage Brown vs. Hideo Itami (KENTA)

Deam Ambrose vs. Yuji Okabayashi

Kohei Sato vs. Zack Sabre Jr.

AJ Styles vs. Riccohet (Prince Puma)

Kazuchika Okada vs. Dragon Lee

Roman Reigns vs. Ultimo Guerrero

Alberto el Patron vs. Drew Gulak

Normally I will post matchups around 10 AM EST (basically after I get into work, I will start getting the posts ready). Today though the polls are going up closer to lunch time since we have a delayed opening thanks to the ice that no one decided to fucking treat. Grr...

I would have started earlier but since the pick'em is set to close at 9 AM EST, I have to wait that out.

Funking Fairfax county in Virginia hasn't had a full week of school since the new year started.  I am tired of these children.  So tired.

Funking Fairfax county in Virginia hasn't had a full week of school since the new year started.  I am tired of these children.  So tired.

You mean the county I work in?

The one with the kids constantly using #closeFCPS

Stupid youth.

Stupid youth.

I hope they close school every day, my usually horrific commute has been pretty sweet these last couple of weeks.

Stupid youth.

I thought that was where you were but I didn't want to come off as a big dumb guy.  These kids should go to school all summer just so I can laugh at them.  The teacher work day on the 16th is a goddamn joke.

Hope to be online for the Bryan/Lesnar match. That's the one I'm most looking forward to.

Bryan:

Bray Wyatt (X 2) and Roman Reigns best ever singles matches.

Arguably Triple H's best ever match at WrestleMania XXX

The Bryan vs. Batista vs. Orton Triple Threat match is one of the best Triple Threat matches I've watched and is one of the most underrated matches from 2014.

Lesnar:

Beat The Undertaker's WrestleMania Streak. Match wasn't at the level of their 2002-2003 matches but The Undertaker suffered a severe concussion. One of the biggest Holy Shit moments in wrestling history.

Loved the squash match against John Cena at SummerSlam 2014.

One of the best ever Triple Threat matches against John Cena and Seth Rollins at this year's Royal Rumble. Might well be the best in the history of the company.

• Like 3

The matchups today - just so you can all prepare are...

Rampage Brown vs. Hideo Itami (KENTA)

Deam Ambrose vs. Yuji Okabayashi

Kohei Sato vs. Zack Sabre Jr.

AJ Styles vs. Riccohet (Prince Puma)

Kazuchika Okada vs. Dragon Lee

Roman Reigns vs. Ultimo Guerrero

Alberto el Patron vs. Drew Gulak

Going to have to do some studying before I vote in all but one of these.

I didn't truly grasp how hard this is going to be until I started making my picks.

Rippa, you are an evil, evil man for these matchups.  I think some gray hair came in just by making my picks.  This is going to be a tough one.

I didn't truly grasp how hard this is going to be until I started making my picks.

Rippa, you are an evil, evil man for these matchups.  I think some gray hair came in just by making my picks.  This is going to be a tough one.

The key to remember is vote for what you think the board will go with, not with what you think. The guy I've came to realize I'm voting over anyone I have going out in the sweet 16. Sucks, but it's how it goes.

• Like 1