DVDVR Message Board

[MM15] WELCOME TO MARCH MADNESS 2015~!

RIPPA

Jesus that first round...

Cena-Tanahashi and Bryan-Lesnar are the big ones obviously but there are probably 5 other match ups where trying to predict where the board is going to go is way tough.  In particular interest to me is going to be Goldust-Breeze and Rollins-Kidd which I think I will be arguing the minority positions but fully expect the outcome to go the other way.  I think Thatcher-Nakamura and Busick-Cavernario may make the hardcores' brains explode.  I'm also super interested in how hard the Reigns backlash is going to hit, because he can go out anywhere and anytime.  

EDIT:  Poor Luke Harper is going to have to deal with some international flavor FO SHO.

Can we have a secondary bracket pool going with the names of posters that are most likely to be banned from their participation in March Madness 2015?

Well, if anyone it should be Big Fresh for what he did in the finals last year.

• Like 1

Someone best start pimping me some Tanahashi now.

I don't even have an opinion on who should win, have only seen one of those four matches, but those are supposed to be Tanahashi's best during the March-to-March period.

Cena/Tanahashi is such a stroke of genius, and in the 1st round no less! 

It is also a matchup I will have a hard time being objective on. The Tanahashi love on Voices of Wrestling and the Wrestling Observer is quite nauseating and has put me off of him to such a degree that I purposely avoid watching anything he is in. When I have seen Tanahashi in Mexico, he is so lazy that I don't see the point of the hype. Whereas Nakamura when he is in Mexico is still insanely over and works hard.

I am interested in seeing how Honma does in this tournament. I haven't seen much of Honma outside the six man tag at Wrestle Kingdom but I am interested to see if the hype over him is justified. 

I'm done with Tanahashi's stupid air guitar and 37 High Fly Flow's per match. The only times I like him is when he's up against somebody like Ishii and he sorta works arrogant heel. He needs the heel turn more than Cena.

(maybe I should save this for the matchup thread)

Never once voted against Generico in years past. Never voted against Zayn last year either.

Not gonna start now.

For the first time though, I feel he has a real shot!

Best wrestler in the world!

(I may be biased...but damn is that guy good)

Poor TNA...just Grado? (and we're stretching it there)

I thought Lashley was awesome in 2014.

I also enjoy me some Spud & EC3.

Oh well...TNA did have a SHITTY year so I get it but kudos to those aforementioned guys.

I'm a pretty big Cena backer, but I'm not sure this year was better than last year's. On the plus side, he had the Lesnar series, including the Triple Threat at RR, the match with Rusev, and Survivor Series. On the minus side, the Wyatt feud was a lot of meh, the Orton feud was yet another Cena/Orton feud, and his brief but unremarkable 15th title reign.

I agree he'll beat Tanahashi, cuz Merica, but his year to go a long way was last year.

I'm a pretty big Cena backer, but I'm not sure this year was better than last year's. On the plus side, he had the Lesnar series, including the Triple Threat at RR, the match with Rusev, and Survivor Series. On the minus side, the Wyatt feud was a lot of meh, the Orton feud was yet another Cena/Orton feud, and his brief but unremarkable 15th title reign.I agree he'll beat Tanahashi, cuz Merica, but his year to go a long way was last year.

Problem was last year tons of people had great years. This year the E landscape is significantly worse, and even a solid year from Cena puts him in the elite 8 discussion.

He's not a final 4 threat due to draw though.

It's kind of like that gas canister from the second to last episode of Agent Carter.  Once the gas is released it makes everybody want to kill each other.

These brackets are the DVDR equivalent of that (ain't that some hyperbole, huh?)  But it will be very contentious, and I'm calling for at least one user to take a nap.

That said, Cena/Tanahashi?  Jeezus, that's a main event in any arena!  And tournament!

The thing with the first round isn't that I go towards those I'm familiar with.  It's more I go with those I like.  When matched up with a relative unknown, this year the guys I know are ones I like.  I'm going to check the unknown's stuff, but it's going to be hard to pick.

I just might get more gray hair out of this...like I needed anymore.

Cena's gonna win, lol. Likewise I think there's a pretty big chance Nakamura's gonna be eliminated by Ambrose (who I'm considering voting against in the first round even though Okabayashi was out for the entire 2014) or Harper though he really shouldn't be.

That said, Cena/Tanahashi?  Jeezus, that's a main event in any arena!  And tournament!

Yes. The only main event in round 1, apparently... :(

Well, if it helps any I'd pay good money to see Styles/Ricochet, Brock/Bryan, and Neville/Pentagon, Jr.

Damn, looking at the brackets makes me wish there were still current saves for Fire Pro.  I'd love to see how the tournament goes that way.  As it is I'll make do with 2K15 and hope for the best.  Too bad they don't have a way to change the logic of CAWs like Fire Pro did.

Yes. The only main event in round 1, apparently... :(

Well, if it helps any I'd pay good money to see Styles/Ricochet, Brock/Bryan, and Neville/Pentagon, Jr.

Damn, looking at the brackets makes me wish there were still current saves for Fire Pro.  I'd love to see how the tournament goes that way.  As it is I'll make do with 2K15 and hope for the best.  Too bad they don't have a way to change the logic of CAWs like Fire Pro did.

Toss on Kidd/Rollins. Imagine that getting 20 in NXT as a heel off.