DVDVR Message Board

2015 NFL OFFSEASON THREAD

RIPPA

Bills have signed Charles Clay to 5 yr, 38 mil offersheet, according to vic carruci. . . .

BYE FELICIA

I like Clay, but I don't like him to the tune of 5/38/ 20 guaranteed.

To put that into perspective, Gronk is making $9M per year with $13M guaranteed. 

• Like 2

Bills have signed Charles Clay to 5 yr, 38 mil offersheet, according to vic carruci. . . .

BYE FELICIA

I like Clay, but I don't like him to the tune of 5/38/ 20 guaranteed.

To put that into perspective, Gronk is making $9M per year with $13M guaranteed. 

Salaries for positions always go up, so can't really compare contracts to ones signed a few years ago.  A better comparison would be that Cameron got 7.5 mil a year/12.5 guaranteed for just a two year contract, and personally I'd rather have Clay with Cameron's concussion issues.  Either way its an upgrade at TE for the Bills so I won't complain, they have the cap space for him.

They'd still have to do some moving around of money. I think they only have like 4 million in cap space.

Assuming OvertheCap is up to date - they have $5.4

EDIT - God Miles Austin is still costing them over $5 million in dead money this year.

And there goes Scott Chandler's one great fantasy game per year...

He'll still have one, you know the Pats will game plan one game where he is made to look like a beast to make teams hesitant to focus too heavily on Gronk (not that it matters GRONK SMASH PUNY DB's).

Leah is NOT cancer free just yet. But this test showing no evidence of active disease in her body is a huge step in that direction!

While doctors aren't yet sure if all of the cancer is gone from Leah's body, her father reports that they "feel very optimistic" because of the results the Stills received Tuesday. They'll find out later this week whether the cancer has fully left her. Previously, they estimated her chance at survival at 50-50.

Leah's plight became one of sports' feel-good stories last fall. In September, her father made national headlines when he was added to the Bengals' 53-man roster after having been originally cut by the team at the end of training camp. Days after he was cut, Still was signed to Cincinnati's practice squad. He only spent one week there before being activated to the 53-man roster in Week 2. He went on to play 12 games last season, collecting 19 tackles.

When they signed him to the practice squad, the Bengals were able to continue providing health insurance for Still, providing him the ability to have her medical care completely paid for. At the time, he had been told her medical expenses would cost close to $1 million.

ttp://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/12505284/devon-daughter-gets-encouraging-news-cancer-fight

I've never known anyone with cancer personally. Following Leah's story I've learned a lot about what it takes to fight cancer.  If she does end up cancer free, I can honestly say I will be as happy as I've been in a long time about anything.

• Like 1

They'd still have to do some moving around of money. I think they only have like 4 million in cap space.

Assuming OvertheCap is up to date - they have $5.4

EDIT - God Miles Austin is still costing them over $5 million in dead money this year.

Holy shit! I had no idea they were still paying the price for Miles. That's crazy.

The Proposals presented by the Competition Committee (obviously have to be voted on at owner's meeting)

Spoilerized for size

Rule changes

— Allow any call to be challenged.

— Allow penalties to be challenged.

— Allow coaches to challenge personal fouls.

— Allow personal fouls to be reviewed, but not necessarily on coaches’ challenges.

— Make all fouls that result in automatic first downs reviewable.

— Allow replay review of rulings related to hits on defenseless receivers.

— Review every foul for hits on defenseless players.

— Increase the number of coaches’ challenges from two to three.

— Expand replay

— Add the game clock at the end of the half and end of the game to the list of things that can be reviewed on replay.

— Add the play clock to the list of things that can be reviewed on replay.

— Put fixed cameras on all boundaries of the playing field, sidelines, goal line.

— Allow a “bonus try” after a two-point conversion.

— Do not allow players to push rushers when a team is punting. (This is already the rule on field goals and extra points.)

— Guarantee both teams a possession in overtime.

— Ban peelback blocks by any offensive player.

— Give defensive players “defenseless receiver” protection on interceptions.

— If there’s a dead ball foul, unsportsmanlike conduct or taunting at the end of the first half, it will carry over to the second half.

— Ban running backs from chop blocking outside the tackle box.

— Allow linebackers to wear jersey numbers 40-49 in addition to 50-59 and 90-99.

— If an eligible player reports as an ineligible receiver to the referee, he must align within the tackle box.

Bylaw proposals

— Eliminate the 75-player cutdown.

— Expand rules to allow teams more contact with draft eligible players.

— Permit teams that play on Thursday to designate one player eligible to return to the active list from injured reserve.

— Permit players on Physically Unable to Perform to begin practicing earlier.

Resolution

— Allow teams with retractable roofs to open their roofs during halftime shows.

The bonus try thing was proposed by the Colts

So if a team lines up for a two-point conversion attempt and succeeds, that team would then line up at the 32-yard line and try a 50-yard field goal. If the kick is good, the team would get one point, for a total of nine points on the possession: six on the touchdown, two on the conversion and one on the bonus kick.