DVDVR Message Board

2014 NFL: WEEK TWELVE

Dolfan in NYC

Steelers play the Saints who are tied first in their division with Atlanta despite having a shitty 4-6 record.  Steelers play the co-division leading Atlanta Falcons in Week 15.

Come to think of it, the remainder of the schedule for Blackandyella consists of opponents who are either lead their division (Bengals) or are tied for first in their division (Chiefs, Saints, Atlanta).

Pittsburgh won last night but I still kinda hate football.

Just saw on PFT that the Panthers released WR Jason Avant.

The more interesting part of that story is that he supposedly was released because he was bitching about the play calling

Just saw on PFT that the Panthers released WR Jason Avant.

The more interesting part of that story is that he supposedly was released because he was bitching about the play calling

What he was saying made sense.  I'm sure someone takes a flyer on Avant.

In other news, the Colts signed Josh Cribbs today.

Kelvin Benjamin will do it all by himself.

He already has to be honest.   Is there anyone else on that team who has made an offensive difference on that team

The thing that is the most amazing about the Super Bob/Jay Gruden is that the biggest argument among people isn't what he actually said it is that he said in public.  Like when someone gets mad when you tell a stupid kid that he is stupid

CHARLOTTE – The Panthers have waived veteran wide receiver Jason Avanticon-article-link.gif and have placed starting right tackle Nate Chandlericon-article-link.gif on injured reserve with a lateral meniscus tear in his right knee.

Their spots on the 53-man roster have been filled by wide receiver/cornerback De'Andre Presleyicon-article-link.gif and running back Mike Tolberticon-article-link.gif. Presley was promoted from the practice squad, while Tolbert was added from the injured reserve/designated for return list.

Only good news in there is the potential return of the Toldozer. This team is so fucked this year.

Goodbye Jason.  While you didn't have great production on the field, 21 rec, 201 yards, 1TD, and you were slow as molasses, I will always appreciate you saying what every Panther fan was thinking watching the game Sunday.  

I'll always shed a tear when I hear this on Rome.

Undersized, lacked athleticism even in his prime.  But he's a good route runner and has decent hands.  I wouldn't be shocked if someone picks him up.

As for Tate...  He can't be worse than Richardson, can he?

Add LaGarrette Blount to the veteran bloodbath.

Probably the least likely one to get a decent job; bad attitude + marginal talent = car salesman.

He was well behaved last season w/ the Patriots and had some success.  But I don't see a spot on the roster for him there w/ Gray, Vereen, James White and Branden Bolden holding down the fort.

The thing that is the most amazing about the Super Bob/Jay Gruden is that the biggest argument among people isn't what he actually said it is that he said in public.  Like when someone gets mad when you tell a stupid kid that he is stupid

I thought RG3 was a potential nightmare for years to come during his rookie year. First game against the Eagles 14-15 200 yds and 4 tds.  12 carries for 84 yards. Second game they kept him in the pocket more and man was he awful at seeing what was going on around him from the pocket. After that I was thinking if defensive coordinators catch up to this style of offense, which they did, he will be much less of a concern. Not to the point it is at now though. Injuries have made it even worse. The fact that he has also lost a step or two pretty much cements it. The breakdown in MMQB on him this week is interesting. Gruden calling him out isn't a huge problem when it is obvious to even the most casual viewers. But RG3 has very little experience running a pro style offense. They are going to have to take their lumps with him or move on. Gruden easily could have been crushed this year. First time as a head coach with all these quarterback issues and adding a diva cry baby like DeSean. Good to see he will stand up for himself.

Add LaGarrette Blount to the veteran bloodbath.

Probably the least likely one to get a decent job; bad attitude + marginal talent = car salesman.

He was well behaved last season w/ the Patriots and had some success.  But I don't see a spot on the roster for him there w/ Gray, Vereen, James White and Branden Bolden holding down the fort.

True, but they also didn't want him back after he ended the season so strong last year, so I assumed at the time there must have been some issues that fans didn't know about.  I think he is just difficult and not worth the hassle.

So, we are all 49ers fans this weekend?

*looks up who they are playing*

I don't know. Washington brings the lulz...

Also, I've gotten all but 2 Dolphins games (and one I didn't get was the TNF game) this year. I is happy. :) They are playing the Broncos and me and my brother are going to be shit talking the losing team. Teams like this make me glad I watch football tbh