DVDVR Message Board

Lucha Underground Discussion

Robert

Loved last night's show and I'm really digging watching it in HD via Sling TV.

How are you liking Sling TV?  I tried out the beta but it was kind of clunky on the Roku

Otherwise:  Wow , that match was AMAZING!!! What is everyone's consensus snowflake/star rating?   MOTY Candidate?

I've watched two episodes of Lucha Underground in full.  I watched their version of the Royal Rumble and I watched last night's show because everyone I spoke to was raving about it.

Basically, I need to start watching Lucha Underground every week because what I've seen so far is fucking great. Last night's show was so awesome and that's coming from someone who didn't even see the build to it.  These video packages they do are pretty cool also. 

The casket match was CRAZY.  I really liked Vampiro explaining to the audience about Día de Muertos. He's been great on color.

The Belly to Belly suplex into the Casket was nasty as hell! I will for sure record the match and save it on my DVR when it replays Wednesday.

Yeah there were a few insane spots in that.  The tope into the coffin, and whatever that DDT was that Muertes did off the top rope.  The double stomp into the coffin.  And everything in between, just banging his head into the railing.  What a fuckin match!  Definitely MOTYC.

Couldn't watch this yesterday due to Rey De Reyes (AAA competeing with itself!) but holy fuck... what a main event. Seriously. That's the kind of thing that really stands out to new viewers since you'll never see something like that in WWE. Fenix's selling was awesome and both guys tearing apart the entire arena was insane.

Also loved the Aero Star/Drago opener but as Alberto would say... you already knew that. Aero Star is just the funnest guy to watch. He may not be the smoothest but nobody can top his creativity. I'll take an average match where I have no idea what to expect next any day over a great match that is entirely predictable and full of the same shit.

I'm going to need actual psychological help if this show ever gets cancelled. It's gonna crush me. I am so addicted to watching this every week. Hope they don't take the summer off as originally planned.

• Like 1

Did I reveal here that, when I went to Lucha Underground, they were kind enough to put my name on the VIP ticket list?

They did this on the basis of me being a (goofball) person who was talking about Lucha Underground on the internet very loudly.

Vince Russo was (is?) a (goofball) person who was talking about Lucha Underground on the internet very loudly. So they gave him VIP tickets.

I think they were just being nice without really thinking about the reaction to that gesture. I think Vince Russo came as close to being a writer on the show as I did. (I did not come close.) 

• Like 2

Shit. I've been doing the same thing a lot lately. I think I need to start blogging on the show more instead of just talking about it on twitter a lot.

But I did get Dario Cueto to retweet me. I was so happy.

And Rob, they're saying the tapings this weekend will air in June so maybe the summer will be okay.

I got Chris Dejoseph and Tejano to favorite/RT one of my tweets praising the show.  It's amazing how something simple like that makes you feel like a happy motherfucka.

That Grave Consequences match is something that anybody can get into.  The Day of the Dead vibe instantly draws you in, and it leads to this wild brawl with great action.  Top it off with the idea the loser is taken off to meet their maker and it just led to a ridiculously fun time.  I love this show, I love the match, I love the people in it, I love Dejoseph for booking it.  Aw, shit, I love everything about this.

I'm going to show that match to some non-wrestling fans fairly soon and I hope they like it.  Need to find the entrance as well with the DotD vibe to show first.

Holy shit you're right. How did I not put that together? The vignettes are going to be out of this world!

The roll call of guys working this weekend is fantastic and I'm not even counting our hero scheduled to make his big debut.

I haven't seen the show before (no El Rey here). I liked Muertes/Fenix a lot, but the This Is Awesome chants were awful here. I don't mind it in spotfests or competitive technical matches, but in a nasty lucha blood feud blowoff where the technico appears to be being murdered in the ring, it doesn't belong. They deserved a crowd more like the one from Spud/ECIII.

Aero Star, Fenix, Pentagon Jr., Super Fly & Jack Evans are all gonna be around too. Angelico too I think. Hope with everyone around they do another wacky multi-man match like the Aztec Warfare match.

giphy.gif

That main event was outstanding, not just in terms of wrestling, but more importantly, the whole presentation.  It was a legit spectacle.  I wasn't so high on Fenix and Mil Muertes in LU up until this match, which disappointed me since I have particularly always appreciated Mesias.  But damn, I'm sold on both from here on out.  Almost perfect from a high flyer working with a catcher standpoint.  

Mil Muertes is the man of a thousand deaths, and now they have actually established a premise where his character makes sense.  Well done.