DVDVR Message Board

NFL 2014 - WEEK SIX

Dolfan in NYC

Repeat offender Vontaze Burfict is being called out by the Carolina Panthers for twisting the ankles of Gregg Olsen and Cam Newton after making tackles.  He also got a flag for a cheap shot on a defenseless receiver.  Given his repeat offender status and the fact he did it multiple times during the, I'm hoping the NFL suspends Burfict.  My realistic side says they'll fine him less than if he was wearing Beats headphones.

Link to video of the Newton tackle

Davis does seem solid but this has to be Derek Anderson Syndrome. The Rams already tripped on a banana peel and landed on Kurt Warner - the chances of them stumbling over two undrafted championship level QBs has to be astronomical.

Oh and the refs really really suck. As I like to say every year, bring back the Arenaball refs.

I expect the Post to pull shit like this, not the News. Ugh.

Yeah if they want to lead with a photo taken completely out of context at least use a photo where the ball is on the ground. At least then it would be conceivable that they were cheering the injury rather than the pass being incomplete. There was a story after the game about someone getting their prosthetic leg stolen at the game. So if they wanted to take shots at people here in Philly the material was there to use.