DVDVR Message Board

NFL 2014 - WEEK SIX

Dolfan in NYC

I hate to sound all conspiratorial and whatnot but I've never seen three TDs wiped out by flags like in last night's game. Seattle couldn't buy a break while Washington got away with everything, including the aforementioned Dred Yanking that was utterly blatant yet strangely missed by the hanky happy zebras. Something certainly seemed wonky there.

Anyway, the Steelers fresh off scoring one freakin' touchdown against the inept Jags have Brian Ballgame and the Browns this week. I expect a soul crushing loss. But, hey, as long as Antonio Brown gets his 5 catches to keep the most absurdly pointless NFL "record" streak going, it's all good!

Andy Gray ‏@AndyGray35  28m28 minutes ago

Just spotted this photo from late September. Brian Hartline (and this girl's parents) must be psyched. 

BzWu0ZGCEAAZkBz.jpg

• Like 1

Richard Sherman is pissed at Pierre Garcon for pulling his dreads during the game yesterday. 

violin-steve-buscemi.gif

The self professed Best Corner In The League needs to strap his tampon on and play football.  Seahawks almost let the pitiful Redskins backdoor their way into a win last night.

If Sentinels from X-Men were an actual thing, they'd have killed Wilson last night since he showed the mutant ability that allowed him to fold space and avoid tackles at will.

The quest for the Goodell Trophy continues!  

Week 3 of Top of the Bottom!

1) 0-5 Jacksonville

2) 0-4 Oakland

3) 1-4 Tennessee

4) 1-4 Tampa Bay

5) 1-4 Washington

6) 1-3 St Louis

7) 2-3 New Orleans

8) 2-3 Minnesota

9) 2-3 Chicago

10) 2-3 Atlanta

Welcome to the NFC (going) South edition of Top of the Bottom!  It is a proud day here for everyone not named Carolina as 75% of the NFC South has made the list!  And while New Orleans has yet to drop of the list, they are moving in a downward trend; it's almost like they remembered they have Drew Brees as their QB!  Speaking of moving down off the list, as I predicted the Colts have fled the list like it was Baltimore.  But as teams depart we get the chance to welcome new teams to the fold, so let's welcome Da Bears to Da list!  Now it's too soon to see if Jay Cutler will mope his way to a more solid ranking, or will this be the cure to what ails them?  And just how many penalties does it take for the Redskins to get a victory?

Tune in next week to find out!

• Like 2

I hate to sound all conspiratorial and whatnot but I've never seen three TDs wiped out by flags like in last night's game. Seattle couldn't buy a break while Washington got away with everything, including the aforementioned Dred Yanking that was utterly blatant yet strangely missed by the hanky happy zebras. Something certainly seemed wonky there.

It's my understanding that the hair pulling isn't illegal. The attitude is that if they want to have long hair, they have to deal with it.

I'm waiting for someone to get their neck broken.

Jen, don't say that, it'll be DeAngelo if you keep jinxing us like that.

(I'm gonna refrain from saying "well, that's one way to get him off the cap" because he seems like a swell guy and shit, I'd take far too much money to do my job if offered so who am I to judge?)

It's my understanding that the hair pulling isn't illegal. The attitude is that if they want to have long hair, they have to deal with it.

I'm waiting for someone to get their neck broken.

Hair pulling is legal*.  Long hair is considered part of the jersey.  So...you can pull the hair in the same situations that you could pull a jersey, none of which involve pulling a defender when he doesn't have the ball.  So the hair pull in question was absolutely 100% illegal.

Yeah I have no problem with hair pulling if it's out of your helmet, any more than grabbing an arm or a leg. It's part of your body that is there. Issue with hair is, being attached to the head, it probably can be dangerous in the same way as facemasking or a horse collar tackle.

Beyond that though, I honestly think this comes up in football way too much these days. If you don't want it pulled be a conformist and get a haircut since that's what we're supposed to do or something.

Yeah, I remember a situation where Ricky Williams got pulled down by his dreads and a lot of folks were up in arms about it.  The big difference is Williams had the ball, so the the defender was in his rights to stop Ricky within the rules.  That's when the hair is considered part of the jersey.

If you don't want it pulled be a conformist and get a haircut since that's what we're supposed to do or something.

What? (no WWE/Raw)

I haven't heard the hair issue come up in years, and even now it's only because Sherman didn't have the ball. 

Maybe I haven't been paying attention.  Because I'm drawing a blank for the past few years over the subject.

Hair pulling is just a player's way of admitting they can't beat their guy fair and square.  But that's my take.

And hair is really personal.  I'm not about to get into the conform and cut your hair debate.

Speaking of RBs - Chargers bring back Ronnie Brown

Makes sense.  Familiar with the system, and with Mathews and Donald Brown dinged and Woodhead gone for the year, they were down to Branden Oliver & Shaun Draughn.

I don't think he has much of anything left in the tank.

Cedric Benson wants back in the NFL

And there are enough teams with shitty RB situations who should at least give him a call

He can join the other former Longhorns in Carolina :)