DVDVR Message Board

OCT WRESTLING DISCUSSION THREAD

RIPPA

Wade rules and the Nexus angle was really well done from beginning-to-end.

Cena also deserves a ton of credit for that angle. I know everyone hates on the SummerSlam ending, but he went from that to becoming Wade's manservant a few months later. He had to leave battle royales, tag with Otunga, fetch water, stand idly by as water was tossed in his face, mop the floors and all sorts of other things and bid his time until the "Free Or Fired" matched. No other superstar ever would go to such lengths to put a new act over. Great stuff.

I wish they did a few more tweaks to the storyline and it would have been so artful and artistic.

The Nexus were anarchists/communists doing a peasant revolt (hence their armbands). But then some Nexus members became more equal than others (i.e., they went from having an ideological purpose into Wade's mindless goons) ala Animal Farm. They also had the whole 1984 component with the Mystery GM watching from afar, which originally started due to safety concerns.

They just needed to tweak it a little bit. Part of the reason was because their numbers dwindled due to injuries and the Bryan stuff, but they could have really went with more of the Animal Farm tone.

I also wish they put official stakes in that SummerSlam match. I like how Vince was taken out after he reinstated the Nexus, which should have created a power vacuum for a few more weeks. The whole thing the Nexus did was about crushing the spirits of the WWE (how the Communists tried to take all of Berlin when the Cold War started). But they should have had official stakes. If the Nexus won, Wade becomes the ruler of the WWE. If Team Cena wins, then the WWE Board of Directors names their new GM. The new GM then becomes the Anonymous GM due to his fears of The Nexus, but obviously also has a pro-heel bent as authority provides.

But overall, that was really great stuff.

• Like 2

The radio ads for a house show here in December are advertising (in order): Ambrose, Rollins, Sheamus, Rusev, Ziggler, and many more. They seemingly trust Ambrose and Rollins to get top billing on house shows. Maybe the sky isn't falling. Or maybe Cena, Orton and Kane can veto going to cities with snow for house shows. :)

Great video added on the WWE YouTube channel today, showing tryouts for the performance centre. Really interesting to watch, especially how the third day of tryouts are all about promos, and there are some terrible ones on display. Also interesting to note Rich Swann and Skidmark from Tough Enough getting some "talking head" time

• Like 1

The radio ads for a house show here in December are advertising (in order): Ambrose, Rollins, Sheamus, Rusev, Ziggler, and many more. They seemingly trust Ambrose and Rollins to get top billing on house shows. Maybe the sky isn't falling. Or maybe Cena, Orton and Kane can veto going to cities with snow for house shows. :)

Super Cena probably gets the month off to rest up so he can deliver toys to every single family in the world in one night.

• Like 3

Great video added on the WWE YouTube channel today, showing tryouts for the performance centre. Really interesting to watch, especially how the third day of tryouts are all about promos, and there are some terrible ones on display. Also interesting to note Rich Swann and Skidmark from Tough Enough getting some "talking head" time

Yeah, I clicked on WWE YouTube to watch this and the first video was a Diva Halloween Photoshoot video.

It's almost NSFW.

Wade rules and the Nexus angle was really well done from beginning-to-end.

Cena also deserves a ton of credit for that angle. I know everyone hates on the SummerSlam ending, but he went from that to becoming Wade's manservant a few months later. He had to leave battle royales, tag with Otunga, fetch water, stand idly by as water was tossed in his face, mop the floors and all sorts of other things and bid his time until the "Free Or Fired" matched. No other superstar ever would go to such lengths to put a new act over. Great stuff.

I wish they did a few more tweaks to the storyline and it would have been so artful and artistic.

The Nexus were anarchists/communists doing a peasant revolt (hence their armbands). But then some Nexus members became more equal than others (i.e., they went from having an ideological purpose into Wade's mindless goons) ala Animal Farm. They also had the whole 1984 component with the Mystery GM watching from afar, which originally started due to safety concerns.

They just needed to tweak it a little bit. Part of the reason was because their numbers dwindled due to injuries and the Bryan stuff, but they could have really went with more of the Animal Farm tone.

I also wish they put official stakes in that SummerSlam match. I like how Vince was taken out after he reinstated the Nexus, which should have created a power vacuum for a few more weeks. The whole thing the Nexus did was about crushing the spirits of the WWE (how the Communists tried to take all of Berlin when the Cold War started). But they should have had official stakes. If the Nexus won, Wade becomes the ruler of the WWE. If Team Cena wins, then the WWE Board of Directors names their new GM. The new GM then becomes the Anonymous GM due to his fears of The Nexus, but obviously also has a pro-heel bent as authority provides.

But overall, that was really great stuff.

I love this post.

With Ryback going his own way, I was thinking earlier this morning about maybe having Curtis Axel teaming up with Dolph Ziggler. Good idea or bad idea?

It doesn't do much for me, because I feel like it doesn't help either guy out at all. Plus, not that it matters, but they had a bunch of IC title matches when Axel was champ, why are they bros all of the sudden? Axel needs SOMETHING. I don't know what, but the dude needs a hook. New gear or something might help. His look right now just screams "Ben Roethlisberger meets WCW Power Plant" to me.

Dolph is great on his own, but if they had to put anyone with him, why not have Big E be the Diesel to his Shawn again? It's not like that Smart Athletic Friends stable is ever getting off the ground on TV. I know this may not be a popular opinion, but I actually really, really enjoyed Big E, Dolph and AJ together for some weird reason.

Axel to me should always be a tag team guy. He's good in the ring, but lacks that cutting edge to be a major singles star. I'd love to see him reform his team with a non-Fandango Johnny Curtis and have a proper run in the tag ranks. (I saw Barrett refer to them as the American Weirdos on Twitter once, that'll do as a tag name). There's loads of guys treading water who they should team up to bolster the tag ranks. Putting (for example) Justin Gabriel and Xavier Woods together as a team is better than trotting them out to job in singles matches on Superstars to zero reaction.

I like Axel, and think he's a decent brawler. They could have him go to NXT and look for the meanest bad asses he can find to form a squad of ass kickers. Come back with Baron Corbin and Bull Dempsey as Demolition 2.0.

I like Axel, and think he's a decent brawler. They could have him go to NXT and look for the meanest bad asses he can find to form a squad of ass kickers.

Axel should be in the spot that Titus Oneil is in now and I'm I big fan of Titus but he needs to be a RAW and Smackdown not NXT.

Axel should be in the spot that Titus Oneil is in now and I'm I big fan of Titus but he needs to be a RAW and Smackdown not NXT.

I said in the Raw thread that I want Axel in NXT because I dont watch Raw or Smackdown but since Alica Fox has gotten  a good spot again and Ryback is back as a face Ambose vs Wyatt intrigues me i may need to start back watching the main shows.

I remember being geeked about Axel helping Rock and Brock get ready for their returns because I thought it would lead to a push.

Not sure where to post this really. I checked around for a more specific/appropriate thread/sub-forum, but couldn't find one.

Anyway. I'm looking for a few tapes and/or DVDs, and I figured this community would be the best place to ask. I'm looking for the WCW All Nighter shows from I believe 94 and 95 that aired on TBS. I think there are only two, but I could be wrong. I am also curious to see if anyone could point me in the direction of a good Arn Anderson compilation. Any & all help is appreciated.