DVDVR Message Board

Spring Training Opens 2/18/15

Dolfan in NYC

Ichiro will be signing with the Marlins

SINGLEMANIA~! coming your way!

My favorite quote by Mr. Suzuki:

"Chicks who dig home runs aren’t the ones who appeal to me. I think there’s sexiness in infield hits because they require technique. I’d rather impress the chicks with my technique than with my brute strength. Then, every now and then, just to show I can do that, too, I might flirt a little by hitting one out.”

You know, there IS a nightclub in left field.

• Like 1

Hate double posting, but Commissioner Manfred wants to eliminate defensive shifting to improve offense.

Related: Commissioner Manfred doesn't know anything.

Watching guys take advantage of the shift with little slappers or bunts down the third base line is always great. There's really nothing wrong with the shift, it's a solid defensive strategy and something that smart hitters take advantage of. I really struggle to see how they would be able to implement removing it, opens up a bag of worms fielding wise.

Enforcing position grids because dumb fucks can't hit a ground ball to the opposite field is depressing.  Maybe sometimes if you want a better game the solution is to choose better players.

Special note: Future Chicago-based cartoon artists.  Please remember there is a fine line between Harry Caray and Hank Hill.

RESPECT THE LINE!!!!

Hate double posting, but Commissioner Manfred wants to eliminate defensive shifting to improve offense.

Related: Commissioner Manfred doesn't know anything.

Oh, it's even better than that.

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=12221038

He actually literally says he wants to "Inject additional offense into the game."

INJECT

TROLL ACCOUNT SPOTTED IN THE COMMISSIONER'S OFFICE.

Is that not the worst possible choice of words to use in this situation or what?

:)

Pretty sure injecting more offense into the game has already been done and a lot of people really didn't like it.

So, does Mike Trout [for hypothetical example] get preemptively banned from the Hall Of Fame when he starts hitting .400 year after year because nobody's allowed to shift on him anymore?  Or does nerfing defense ruin the record book in a good way?